View Full Version : Desoxyn problems

Vermis
08-21-04, 03:40 AM
Right, well it's not technically Adderall, but there isn't a forum for desoxyn, and Adderall's the closest thing to it. I'm really really scared of starting to take this stuff, because it contains methamphetamines. Now, I had a problem with abusing methamphetamines in the past (granted they weren't being given to me by a doctor), and I'm really scared that old habits will come back if I start taking this. With all past meds, my parents have literally made me take them. They have stayed there, and watched me put the pill in my mouth, and swallow. Then they tell me to open up and let them look, because when I was on Concerta I used to keep it under my tongue and spit it out.
Now, I've been prescribed on this because of bad reactions with rittelin and the like. I don't know exactly what went on, but they made me fill out a pamphlet or something, and my mom just told me I was going on it yesterday. They don't know about my history with the stuff, and I'm not about to tell them. I will be taking the pill, and it's unavoidable. Can anyone at all tell me if it's going to drag me back into a habit of using it for what I'm not supposed to?

zaftigangel
08-21-04, 02:49 PM
Hey Verm,

I would suggest that YOU call your doctor/provider and speak with them regarding your past history and your concerns.
You don't mention your age, but in (most?) states your info is confidential-meaning your folks don't have to know about your *private* discussions with your provider. I am a bit surprised that your doc didn't speak with you alone regarding health history and such since most teens (presuming you are a teenager) would rather not discuss their private activities in front of a parent/guardian.
This is not my area of experience but I just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there for ya'! Good Luck!

Angel

lynx
08-22-04, 06:30 PM
First, you should tell your doctor.

Adjusting for dose, Desoxyn is no more addicting/troubling than other stimulants. However, if you go beyond the prescribed dose you can really, literally fry your brain.
Plus, Desoxyn will not have any of the toxic junk that street meth has and that stuff is really bad for your brain.

One of the real benefits is that it is long lasting. Most people who have had the luck to get it, love it. It is much smoother than other stimulants, less ups and downs.

dt1401
09-09-05, 09:35 AM
Well I think most of all of us have tried street coke or methamphetamine. Myself I never got addicted to Street Meth because i had very little effect from it. Other than a burn and a drowsy feeling come over me. I would think that talking to your doctor about it first and then say to yourself can i really take something that can take me back to my previous addicition. A good doctor will work with you to try diffrent things, such as an anti-depressant or non stimulant. However, a stimulant might be best.

brandilyn
09-09-05, 11:46 AM
I know exactly what your saying sweetie.With some knowledge of yourself and honesty with youself and a good support system you can reap the benefits of meds.I myself abused street speed as a teen because when I did I could be calm and focused,therefor it lead to a world of hurt.Do you not feel that you need meds?How are you socially?Have you asked your parents what they think or feel?What do they think of your behavior?Honesty is the best policy and it gives you good karma and a bulletproof vest of sorts.No one can tell you your feelings are wrong when your honest.The stimulant is what helps with ADD,dont dismiss it because of some experimenting.Keep yourself strong and good luck to you.

Actuarybrad
09-09-05, 12:41 PM
dt1401 and brandilya...you know this thread is over a year old?

brandilyn
09-10-05, 02:08 AM
I didnt notice.That dosnt really change my point in the post.Im sure someone will get some good info from this thread.

Actuarybrad
09-10-05, 09:16 AM
I didnt notice.Im sure someone will get some good info from this thread.
Just not Vermis

brandilyn
09-11-05, 04:13 PM
Nope,not him.

Gregster
09-12-05, 09:40 PM
I doubt that the fellow's problems were real anyway Brandilyn - 2 posts in one year is kinda a giveaway. Posted once to see if he could get a reaction.....That's my guess anyway. I've taken to discounting posts - especially "provacative" posts - if they come from someone with only a few posts to their credit.
When I was a kid we played "nicky nicky nine door" instead - no computers back then.
Cheers,
Greg