View Full Version : Good iPhone apps for adult ADDers?

JayceyF
04-17-11, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking mainly of organisational tools - there seem to be loads out there. Typically, I downloaded a plethora of calendars/to-do lists/notepads/reminders without reviewing them properly, and now am more confused than ever, having put notes in each one and am all over the place! :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to scrub the lot and start again. I use the calendar a lot, I just wish it was a bit more interesting. Ideally, I'd like an improvement on that with tasks etc. connected to it - with lots of snooze alarms going off (and not just once either, but on a regular basis). I'd like to be able to use lists, without getting too complicated (some of them are not very user-friendly in that regard!).

Has anyone got any recommendations? One handicap is that I still have an iPhone 3, so the apps would have to work on that. Thanks in advance! :)

Cacho
04-18-11, 12:53 PM
Here's what I use (recently also mentioned this here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1065816#post1065816)):

Toodledo (http://www.apple.com/webapps/productivity/toodledo.html) - to track my to do list.... it syncs to the website version

Eternity Time Log (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eternity-time-log/id296683442?mt=8) - to log how I spend my time

Gym Buddy (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gym-buddy/id292672627?mt=8) - to log my workouts

Alarmed (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarmed-reminders-timers-alarm/id371886784?mt=8) - To wake up!!!!!! Has a progressively louder and louder setting. I use the foghorn.

Fliq Notes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fliq-notes/id296757299?mt=8) - To jot down thoughts etc I have

No idea what OS these do and don't work on. One thing is that some of these cost money. For me that's on purpose. I figure if I spend money on an app, it'll motivate me to use it every single day, since I don't want to waste the money.

ADDmommynme
04-25-11, 06:44 PM
I have tried a couple, found they were too obnoxious to get used to & stopped using them. One thing that I do use is my gmail calendar. It can be set to send me a text reminder of things, as well as just a good visual planning tool when I can sit down at a computer. I also have a small notebook in my car so that if I am sitting in traffic & remember something I write it down before my mind wanders off. I find that having a notebook near my bed helps with that too so I don't get obsessed on something and stay up all night worried that I will forget it. My husband and kids have learned that they are not to touch my notebooks or pens, God help us all if I can't find a pen when I need one! I also have a calendar on my fridge, 3 running household (groceries, meal planning, and errands) lists, and I make notes on my bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker while I am getting ready. It is insane, it it arduous but it works. I rarley forget things this way, even though half the time I am no where near the reminding note. It seems like my mind runs in loops, so several times a day my bathroom mirror or fridge calendar pop into my head and therefore I am reminded. I am very visual, so these all work for me exceptionally well. If you are an auditory learner maybe you could use the voice recorder (pre-installed app) to make reminder lists?

TroyinOB
04-26-11, 01:39 PM
One thing that I do use is my gmail calendar

My spouse and I both have HTC Evo phones which are gmail based. We have found we can share each other's calendars and it will show on our phones as well as on the website.

It is becoming a very useful tool as long as we keep our appt. up to date. It is a training process as with everything else.

You can share your calendar with anyone and even set the permissions of what each one can do. We have ours set so either of us can manage it.

Justinkt
06-01-11, 12:12 PM
I need things that sync well. I need to be able to have the info on my iPad, iPhone and Mac. I like Things for my todo list. It syncs great between my computer, iPhone and iPad. and I also use a simplified version of David Allen's getting things done system. Things works good for that.

Also google apps like mail and calendar have exchange support. That helps me keep email and calendar near by at all times.

I also use Due for reminders and timers. But one thing I found that I love is Chime. It brings the hourly digital watch beep to the iPhone. You can set for different intervals, mine is every 15 min. It will bring me out of my zone when I hyper focus on something for too long.

happierin09
06-01-11, 03:49 PM
I use an app called Errands To-Do, which is put out by the person that does Alarmed. I have both, but haven't really played with Alarmed much. Everything goes into Errands though. I also use Awesome Note, but I use that more for notes and not so much for to-do lists, though it does have that included. Errands is supposed to be compatible with the iphone 3.

I hope you find an app you like!

MissesS
01-27-12, 04:32 AM
I just found one that is for medications called RxmindMe.
Its great! Ive been using it for nearly two weeks.

A good sign, as I normally last on things for couple of days.

Driver
01-27-12, 05:08 AM
Reminders - comes with iOS 5. I use the location aware feature to remind of things I need to do when I arrive home, to work, etc.

Evernote - for noting down anything that I want to access on my PC, tablet, etc.

Dosecast - for tracking my meds

Alarm Clock - it's an alarm clock...

Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock - tracks your body movements while you sleep and wakes you up when you're not in a deep sleep.

Find My Friends - so my GF and I can find each other if one of us wanders off...

Weatherzone+ - so I can get my morning weather report.

Gmail - official Google Mail client, so I can access past emails.

Google Calender (synced with my iPhone's calender) so I can track appointments; even my GF can add appointments.

Consume - for tracking how much I'm using on my phone, Internet etc

Kindle - for reading eBooks.

Smartr Contacts - it scours your phone, emails, Facebook, Linked-In etc to find out who you talk to, who you know etc.

MissesS
01-27-12, 06:40 AM
Yes, thank god for Reminders now!
I used to set events on my calendar before.

I get such a kick out of ticking them off when I'm done too :)

Driver
01-27-12, 08:16 AM
Yeah I like ticking off reminders too: the sense of accomplishment.

I wish reminders had a snooze button though: often the reminder goes off and I'm not in a position to do it, but could it 5-10mins time...

Osakhomen
02-23-12, 09:55 AM
Reminders!!!! That thing is so cool.. I love that you can set an alarm for it when you Arrive/Leave somewhere!