View Full Version : Taking adderall anally

SuperFob
04-17-11, 05:35 PM
I think I read somewhere that absorption is better if you take it anally... is this true?

salleh
04-17-11, 05:51 PM
go away ....go far away and stay there

pianoraindream
04-17-11, 05:53 PM
I think I read somewhere that absorption is better if you take it anally... is this true?

I am not sure if this is true or not, but you really should not take this drug anally because it is not made for that. Especially if it is XR.

Why would you want to take it anally, anyway? If the drug isn't helping you enough, you need to talk with your doctor about upping your dose or switching to another medicine.

And if you are taking it recreationally,(I don't know if you are, so if you aren't disregard this statement) you really shouldn't be posting on this forum about this topic. This is a forum for support and information for people who have ADHD.

again, disregard if you are taking it for the prescribed purpose.

wsmac
04-17-11, 05:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA..... :p... that made me laugh! Thanks;)

The lining of your rectum is highly absorbent for sure.
I'm not sure about putting your adderall up there though :eek:

While it might be fun, feel good, and be absorbed quickly (just a little fun here), I'm not sure what the actual components of the pill would do to the tissue inside.

While dropping a pill down our throats to our stomachs is pretty well understood and tolerated, trying to break-down and absorb the pill in your rectum might not only be slower, but damaging as well.

Good question though! Wish I had thought of it!:p

wsmac
04-17-11, 05:59 PM
Oh... and valid reasons for taking meds anally instead of orally...

Inability to swallow, or at least swallow pills for physical or psychological reasons

Nausea, but needing to get meds into the body anyway

Oral/Dental issues such as recent surgery (wired jaw and the like)

The question is not totally without reason.

pianoraindream
04-17-11, 06:04 PM
Oh... and valid reasons for taking meds anally instead of orally...

Inability to swallow, or at least swallow pills for physical or psychological reasons

Nausea, but needing to get meds into the body anyway

Oral/Dental issues such as recent surgery (wired jaw and the like)

The question is not totally without reason.

Very true! I know there are many reasons to take drugs anally, but the original poster didn't give any info about why he/she would want to take it anally... And there are MANY people who abuse or misuse these types of drugs...

Plus, if he/she was/is taking it for the prescribed reason, I should think that his/her doctor would need to be consulted before deciding to take it anally...

I am in college and know MANY people who take adderall or other drugs like this recreationally... and it's dangerous and very common, so a thread like this seems slightly suspicious.

salleh
04-17-11, 06:10 PM
it wassn't the question, it was the way it was asked ....and a new person .....sends up red flags to me .......

surferdude123
04-17-11, 06:11 PM
fob.....that explains it.

assuming this is a legitimate question..

why?

doing so will bypass the portal system in the intestines, avoiding first pass metabolism theoretically.

I would not recommend it at all. You're asking for trouble.

Fistulas, Ulceration, Bleeding, Overdose, who knows.

LOL. my god. where's common sense these days???

pianoraindream
04-17-11, 06:27 PM
fob.....that explains it.

assuming this is a legitimate question..

why?

doing so will bypass the portal system in the intestines, avoiding first pass metabolism theoretically.

I would not recommend it at all. You're asking for trouble.

Fistulas, Ulceration, Bleeding, Overdose, who knows.

LOL. my god. where's common sense these days???

I completely agree... there are certain meds that are MEANT to be taken this way, but they are designed for it.. and are usually made because the person either can't keep a med down from nauseousness or it's a med that's meant to be taken anally only...

Why would anyone even want to consider taking it anally?? weird

SuperFob
04-17-11, 06:38 PM
"Why would anyone even want to consider taking it anally?? weird"

:D

pianoraindream
04-17-11, 06:41 PM
"Why would anyone even want to consider taking it anally?? weird"

:D

you quoted me, but you didn't answer the question... You also didn't tell anyone here that you aren't taking it recreationally, which sends up more red flags...

If it's for a reason that is reasonable I am sure there are people here including me who would listen, but this seems like it's a question about using adderall recreationally.

Impromptu_DTour
04-17-11, 07:36 PM

in theory you could take it as a sepository, but it could be very dangerous because you cant control how much of the active agents are being absorbed and metabolized. plus adderall isnt designed as a sepository, the fillers and the agent itself was not designed to be absorbed by the membranes in your rectum - so you could damage the tissues. As the agents themselves are amphetamines, having such a concentrated dose of the agent in one compressed area with so many blood vessels could lead to damage to the vessels themselves, simply by topical contact in such a sensitive area.

medications designed to go there are designed specifically with how the rectum and colon function. They are designed to metabolize in a very specific way because of the method of administration. The ingredients in such medication is designed to not cause problems in that area of the body (such as chemical burns, or topical interactions, sub-dermal interactions). the active agents themselves, with the combination of isotopes (as they are) are designed to interact with specific enzymes in specific parts of the body for proper time release.. Same reason why medication taken orally is designed with the oral structures and absorbtion/motabilisation processes there in mind. taking a medication in any way other than how it was designed can seriously mess this whole process up.

in short. they arnt designed to go there. putting them there could cause a more problems than ****ting like a smurf.

be a friend. show them that you care about their butts. tell your friends to stop putting oral prescription medication in their butts.

I_DTour

Fiction1228
04-17-11, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure they're just trollin xD
made me laugh

ADHDTigger
04-17-11, 08:04 PM
MODERATOR NOTE

I'm going to point everyone back to the guideline about "no discussion of taking medication outside of the way it is prescribed".

Thread is heading for closure in 3... 2...

Thanks to everyone who chose to respond sensibly to the nonsense. I really appreciate that.