View Full Version : How to say it...

agggisjd
04-19-11, 10:57 PM
I think(I'm almost certain) I have add, but I don't know how to tell my mom, she would think I was joking(I also don't like to discuss my feelings) because I've always had strait a(s) (exept art in third grade-for not paying attention) I know most adders are very smart, but I'm not sure she would think so. My attention is just getting worse and worse, I find it hard to do an easy 20 problems on a test. My innatention is getting me distracted so I get the wrong answers, and I want a good colage, anyway if you had an idea how I could tell her indirectly(I'm kinda shy)?:confused:

agggisjd
04-19-11, 10:59 PM
Coyld you please tell me.I forgot to finnish my sentance up there.

pooka
04-20-11, 12:34 AM
I don't know if there's an indirect way to do it. I feel that with this kind of thing it's better to just come out and say it, otherwise you'll be frustrated when she doesn't pick up on what you might think are clear hints. You don't have to sit down in the living room and have a formal family discussion or whatever. If you do something particularly attention deficit (zone out or interrupt someone or change topics or something like that) you could just say "Wow, how ADD of me" and start the conversation that way. I always find that starting things lightly is the best way to go, and then just to say what you mean. Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

agggisjd
04-20-11, 10:44 AM
I'm gunna try that next time it takes 5 hours to do my math, thanks, I'll tell you if it works(I'm not sure it will because I say random stuff 24/7).

Werl
04-24-11, 11:34 PM
If you want here to hear it from your own words without actually telling her send here this link (it is a link to this thread). Just make sure to tell her that you are agggisjd when she opens the link and asks why you sent here here.

http://bit.ly/eVspRj

agggisjd
04-30-11, 11:36 PM
Turns out I might not have to sat it, I overheard my mom and dad talking about adhd and my attention problems so.. yea...

pooka
05-01-11, 01:02 AM
That's good, then you know it won't be a shock to them or anything. But make sure you do have a conversation about it. You don't just want to dance around it with all of you having your suspicions and not talking about it or acting on it, especially if (and I'm guessing this is true) you want to get diagnosed.

agggisjd
05-02-11, 11:09 PM
I'm on allargy pill right now-much more energy, no effect on attention.

Michiko74
05-19-11, 03:49 PM
I think right now it's important to talk your symptoms to your mom. There could be a lot of reasons why you're having trouble with concentration and getting easily distracted. Let her know that you're otherwise healthy, not depressed (well except about how your symptoms are making you feel), it may be time to see a doctor about what's going on. It maybe ADHD, but it might be too early to bring that up.

Get yourself properly assessed by a qualified doctor, and then take it from there.

Good luck. I hope you find the answers soon.