View Full Version : Bipolar Meds for E.D's

Relish
04-20-11, 12:50 PM
Has anyone found a med for bipolar disorder that doesn't have weight gain side effects?

I am recovering from bulimia and do not want to compromise my progress...

:(

Fiction1228
04-23-11, 04:03 PM
I can't help you with the bi-polar med I'm sorry =/. but I do want to say congrats on recovery! I know its incredibly difficult, I'm in the same boat right now.

I hate to burst your bubble. (and I dont want to sound/seem like an all knowing *****, and you can disagree with me if you want. and I'm also not claiming to be the queen of recovery,for all I know, you've probably been recovering longer than me. so I could just be sounding like a major dumb *** right now.)
but part of recovering is being kind of okay with some weight gain. I'm not saying. YOU HAVE TO GAIN FIFTY POUNDS AND LIKE IT.
and I'm not saying that you are going to definitely gain weight either.
but since ive started, I've gained 10 pounds on a 5'9 frame, and I'm not happy about it. but I realize that it's something that needs to happen, and that with hard work and healthy eating, I can bring it back down. and as long as I'm not standing over the toilet with my hand shoved down my throat 2-5 times a day, errday, I'm happy :]

so good luck :] and I hope you find a med that works for you, because I know that I'd be doing the exact same thing (looking for a pill whose S/E aren't weight gain)

and if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm here=]

wooooooo kinda went on a tangent there xD

Zoie
04-29-11, 03:00 PM
I am looking for the same thing. I do not have an E.D, but I have put on 30lbs since going off meds and quitting smoking. I am going to my dr today to talk with her about it, but was looking for suggestions.

Please let me know if you find anything