View Full Version : Desoxyn extended release

Aspie101
04-25-11, 06:22 AM
I know they don't make desoxyn gradumet spanules anymore but would it be possible to get a compounding pharmacy to make an extended/delayed/sustaining release of methamphetamine HCL? I have aspergers and was diagnosed with ADD but recently diagnosed with ADHD which is just wonderful!:rolleyes::rolleyes: anyways I'm going with Adderall for now because it seams to work pretty well compared to anything with methylphenidate but generally I get every adverse effect from stimulants in a very short amount of time and I just want to know if I'll have something to fall back on..

collegewriter
04-26-11, 01:01 AM
I too would love to find an answer for the possibility of having Desoxyn gradument spanules, or something of the sorts. But in the mean time, Aspie101 you always have the option of falling back onto Desoxyn being taken multiple times a day. Many people on this board achieve such successful results from Desoxyn by taking it a various times in the day.

dominil
11-16-11, 06:38 PM
A pharmacy can compound almost anything as long as it is not currently manufactured in the particular dosage form or drug combination.

With that said you would have to have the doctor write a prescription for methamphetamine to be compounded as an extended release formula. It cant be just a regular script.

tambourine-man
11-16-11, 08:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, there is no ADHD medication I would rather try than Desoxyn Gradumet.

So you're an Aspie too?