View Full Version : Xanax + Wellbutrin + Concerta......

kmn232
04-29-11, 10:06 AM
I'm a 25 year old male. I was diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive in 2008 and treated for a short period of time on Vyvance 70mg. It was not the wrong drug for me and after a few months I stopped seeing the doctor and taking the meds.

This past February I found a new doctor who agreed with the ADHD-inattentive diagnosis but also added GAD and low grade depression to the mix. We started with 2x daily Xanax 0.5mg to take the edge off of the GAD, with the hope we would get truer responses from other meds. A few weeks later I started on Wellbutrin 150SR leading up to 300XL at 50mg intervals every few days. Was starting to feel a bit better on the SR, but as soon as I tried the XL all effects stopped. I went back to 2x daily 200SR and have been on it for 2 weeks now with the Xanax and have been feeling better, but I have only been doing better at work. My doctor thinks the Wellbutrin is working well for the low grade depression, but is not helping ADHD at all. So I started today on Concerta 18mg.

I definitely see the rationale behind the cocktail but for someone who has never taken maintenance medications before, taking three different meds is a lot. Has anyone had this specific mix before? Or known of a similar case?

Thanks!