View Full Version : Rep Points Trader

Pages : [1] 2

mildadhd
05-01-11, 01:34 AM
Hi

I'm a rep point trader.

I was wondering if I could have rep points?

I will give you some rep points back.

Could the moderators please make this a sticky?

GB

Blueranne
05-01-11, 01:37 AM
Um, if I remember correctly, I gave you a rep today! :D Im waiting!

C8H10N4O2
05-01-11, 01:53 AM
Hahaha, isn't this cheating?

mildadhd
05-01-11, 03:15 AM
Hahaha, isn't this cheating?

100% guaranteed.

C8H10N4O2
05-01-11, 03:56 AM
100% guaranteed.

Living life on the edge... I like it.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 04:40 AM
Living life on the edge... I like it.

Yes,
Thank You C810N4O2.
I hope our rep point trade has made you as happy,
as the rep point trade has made me.

sighduck
05-01-11, 05:27 AM
:D you got another one

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-01-11, 07:40 PM
I hate boosting. Let me become something I despise. :mad::D

You people are as bad as the Call of Duty MW2 quickscopers that spam with Tactical Insertions!
Hmm. Makes me want to go boot up MW2 now so I can hose some boosters...

C8H10N4O2
05-01-11, 07:44 PM
I hate boosting. Let me become something I despise. :mad::D

You people are as bad as the Call of Duty MW2 quickscopers that spam with Tactical Insertions!

Haha, well I'm going to "boost" you just on the basis of your hating it.

pooka
05-01-11, 07:53 PM
Oh man...this is like the forum black market! :eek: I'm kind of afraid to be here. Isn't this an immoral thing to do? Doesn't the guilt just eat away at you guys? How can you live with yourselves? :p

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-01-11, 07:56 PM
Haha, well I'm going to "boost" you just on the basis of your hating it.

Boost this:

http://onemoreoption.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/5-the-matrix-trinity-dodge-this.jpg

C8H10N4O2
05-01-11, 08:21 PM
You clearly aren't aiming correctly from that picture. ;)

Possum
05-01-11, 08:55 PM
I hit the "Thanks" button and gave rep points to everyone who has posted in this thread so far! OK, I'm waiting... :D

(this feels like one of those chain letter things)

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-01-11, 09:13 PM
You clearly aren't aiming correctly from that picture. ;)

Shift a little to the left and put your head against the monitor.

She'll get yah. :cool:

mildadhd
05-01-11, 09:24 PM
Rep point traders,

Due to a boom in rep point trading.

A small issue of supply and demand has put me one day behind on rep trades.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

tipoo
05-01-11, 09:28 PM
Sorry, but my forum morals dictate that I cannot in good conscience give rep or thanks simply for being asked for them, as they are meant to be representative of actual reputation.

*Raises chin and walks off in a holier-than-thou manner*

Speaking of which though, how do the green thingers grow? I just got a number of new rep clicks but I still have the same number of green thingers.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 09:32 PM
Sorry, but my forum morals dictate that I cannot in good conscience give rep or thanks simply for being asked for them, as they are meant to be representative of actual reputation.

*Raises chin and walks off in a holier-than-thou manner*

Tipoo,

Want some rep points?

I'm getting another shipment in about 24 hours.

Possum
05-01-11, 09:35 PM
Rep point traders,

Due to a boom in rep point trading.

A small issue of supply and demand has put me one day behind on rep trades.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

See? There's always a catch. :p

tipoo
05-01-11, 09:35 PM
Lol...Are they authentic though? Not one of those fallen-off-a-truck kinda deals? Are they fair trade and eco-packaged?

pooka
05-01-11, 09:41 PM
Lol...Are they authentic though? Not one of those fallen-off-a-truck kinda deals? Are they fair trade and eco-packaged?

Free range and grain-fed are a must, too.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 09:54 PM
See? There's always a catch. :p

Please return with your receipt for a full refund.

please read small print,some restrictions may apply, not refunds without a receipt, we reserve the right to trade. Guarantee ends after trade. Provincial and state laws apply.
Trade Safely,Trade within it, no your limit. For all other information please call 1800 suckers.
And leave a message and we will get back to you.please read small print,some restrictions may apply, not refunds without a receipt, we reserve the right to trade. Guarantee ends after trade. Provincial and state laws apply.
Trade Safely,Trade within it, no your limit. For all other information please call 1800 suckers.
And leave a message and we will get back to you.

Thank you for reading the small print,some restrictions may apply, not refunds without a receipt, we reserve the right to trade. Guarantee ends after trade. Provincial and state laws apply.
Make sure you read the small print.
please read small print,some restrictions may apply, not refunds without a receipt, we reserve the right to trade. Guarantee ends after trade. Provincial and state laws apply.

pooka
05-01-11, 09:54 PM
Just curious...what do light green rep squares mean?

mildadhd
05-01-11, 10:01 PM

We wrap every point in lead to pass through any x-ray machine without detection , and we package them in coal. To keep any funny smell the points may emit. No turnips guarentee.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 10:08 PM
Free range and grain-fed are a must, too.

All points are force fed and cost in the free range. Maybe a little more or less guaranteed.

BR549
05-01-11, 10:12 PM
I just noticed that on our own posts, we have an add to rep button. Surely you can't add to your own rep? I can hover my mouse over it and it says "add to B549's reputation". I haven't clicked on it-nor would I, but that seems odd. I'm curious to know you get a verbal spanking if you click on your own. But I don't want to know bad enough to actually click on it myself. Anyone know?

pooka
05-01-11, 10:14 PM
I did the experiment for you, scaredy pants :D It just tells you how much reputation points you have and if you received rep points for that particular post or not.

Blueranne
05-01-11, 10:14 PM
I'll try it out and let ya know

Blueranne
05-01-11, 10:16 PM
This post has not received any reputation.

You currently have 670 reputation point(s).

thats what it said

mildadhd
05-01-11, 10:16 PM
I just noticed that on our own posts, we have an add to rep button. Surely you can't add to your own rep? I can hover my mouse over it and it says "add to B549's reputation". I haven't clicked on it-nor would I, but that seems odd. I'm curious to know you get a verbal spanking if you click on your own. But I don't want to know bad enough to actually click on it myself. Anyone know?

Clique it, all your friends do it.

BR549
05-01-11, 10:18 PM
Yes, I AM a chicken!!!! Thanks for checking. The fear of ADHD Forum Police (which I picture in my mind as being a cross between mall cop and school crossing guard) was a little overwhelming!:D

From now on, we're sending you in first to sniff out any danger.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 10:22 PM
Yes, I AM a chicken!!!! Thanks for checking. The fear of ADHD Forum Police (which I picture in my mind as being a cross between mall cop and school crossing guard) was a little overwhelming!:D

From now on, we're sending you in first to sniff out any danger.

Don't worry they get distracted easy.

BR549
05-01-11, 10:24 PM
I wonder why that is...? Oh, wait-nevermind.

But someone really should be minding the kids. :p

mildadhd
05-01-11, 10:30 PM
I wonder why that is...? Oh, wait-nevermind.

But someone really should be minding the kids. :p

Where did you get the McDonalds food.

Did you see the thing I was looking for?

BR549
05-01-11, 10:35 PM
Twice on Saturday. And four IS the right answer, but let me check to see if whether or not we're going camping next week.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 11:10 PM
Twice on Saturday. And four IS the right answer, but let me check to see if whether or not we're going camping next week.

Sorry what did you say?

pooka
05-01-11, 11:14 PM
No one ever answered my question :( - what do the light green squares mean?

Blueranne
05-01-11, 11:19 PM

They signify how cool you are... the more you have the cooler you are.

mildadhd
05-01-11, 11:21 PM

Sorry we are closed.

Hours of operation depend on when someone wants to know what the green squares mean.

shysmile
05-01-11, 11:34 PM
Off-topic question here... is it possible (hypothetically speaking, because in reality the mods wouldn't let them get that far) for someone on this forum to acquire a long string of red negative reputation squares, equal to the long strings of positive green squares I've seen on here? 'Cause that would really look funny...:p:p

pooka
05-01-11, 11:53 PM
I guess so...I never want to run into that kind of a person, though :D
And no one really answered my question again! What's the difference between the regular green squares and the light green squares?!

shysmile
05-02-11, 12:01 AM
And no one really answered my question again! What's the difference between the regular green squares and the light green squares?!

Neither would I!! :p But at least their red status would make their snippy remarks predictable and impersonal, haha.

I'm not sure myself. You graduate to your first bright green when you get more than 5. I think the light green just means they take more points to earn. That's what I noticed anyway.

It explains more about it here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rep#faq_rep1).

tipoo
05-02-11, 12:04 AM
Off-topic question here... is it possible (hypothetically speaking, because in reality the mods wouldn't let them get that far) for someone on this forum to acquire a long string of red negative reputation squares, equal to the long strings of positive green squares I've seen on here? 'Cause that would really look funny...:p:p

I want to know that too, I've never seen more than one red square. Also, do the negative reps and who they came from show up in their User CP?

Possum
05-02-11, 12:20 AM
Don't worry they get distracted easy.

LMAO! This and your other posts are hilarious! Thank you for brightening up my evening! :D

Blueranne
05-02-11, 12:27 AM
We need a guinea pig for the red dot experiment. Who's going to volunteer?

Possum
05-02-11, 12:30 AM
I would like to add my own offer if Geronimoo Back-Y-Rita doesn't mind. Get your "thanks" count up! I will personally thank every post to this thread!

Note: Thanks count may be haphazard - coinciding with whenever I happen to notice this thread. ;):D

shysmile
05-02-11, 12:35 AM
We need a guinea pig for the red dot experiment. Who's going to volunteer?
If someone created a test newbie account they could try it out... LOL. Of course there's the risk that there's some kind of automatic ban thing if a person gets enough bad rep. Then it could block their IP address, that wouldn't be good. :p

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-02-11, 12:37 AM
Yeah, they might have to see a doctor about getting their prostrate fixed!

Possum
05-02-11, 12:41 AM
I tried logging off the forum and re-registering under a newbie user name, but the forum still had me nailed as "possum", so I'se scairt to do it.

Possum
05-02-11, 12:47 AM
Hey! I just became an "ADDvanced Contributor"! THANKS everyone!

pooka
05-02-11, 12:48 AM
Hey! I just became an "ADDvanced Contributor"! THANKS everyone!

Really? I thought I became an ADDvanced Contributor when I made 500 posts. Confused now...

Possum
05-02-11, 12:54 AM
Actually, I think it may have been ME thanking everyone else that did it. I forgot that if you thank other posts that also somehow ties into your user title/rep. Duh!

pooka
05-02-11, 12:55 AM
I'm even more confused now. :confused: I thought I understood the system of reps and thanks and stuff and now it's all falling apart on me! NOOO!

Blueranne
05-02-11, 01:13 AM
Boost this:

http://onemoreoption.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/5-the-matrix-trinity-dodge-this.jpg

This is how its done....
http://shahriar08.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/violence20cartoon2.jpg

pooka
05-02-11, 01:14 AM
AAAH! DON'T SHOOT! Wait a second...is that thing even loaded? Homer, you moron.

Blueranne
05-02-11, 01:16 AM
LOL hahaha I just noticed that!!!

BR549
05-02-11, 01:17 AM
It means the bulbs need to be replaced. FTW!:D

BR549
05-02-11, 01:21 AM
That's how you do it, Blueranne!! I'll choose Homer any day!

BR549
05-02-11, 01:45 AM
I want to know that too, I've never seen more than one red square. Also, do the negative reps and who they came from show up in their User CP?

I would hope not!!! But if they did, that would be enough to make sure I never reported a post! I hate conflict. Even anonymous conflict!

mildadhd
05-02-11, 02:40 AM
Hi
Scared to ask a moderator about the rep point representation?
I can help.
If you are asked you sign anything, don't.

Come and see me, first.
Call Me.
I won't put in a negative rep point,
Call G

And if you don't get any rep points,
Call G
I won't charge you a thing.

Before you the brake ADDF guidelines and loose rep points by assuming another identity,
Call G

Some restrictions may apply.

Oh ya here is the rep point facts.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat">What is Reputation?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">Much like "karma points" and "mod points" used in other online communities, Reputation is one way to gauge at a glance how much credibility to give the author of a post. The Reputation system is an informal way for members of the forum to reward (or penalize) fellow members for informative, helpful, articulate, or even simply entertaining (or not) posts. A user with a high Reputation is someone you're more likely to learn something from. A user with a low Reputation is someone you might simply want to ignore.
User reputations are shown on each post as green (or red) squares in the upper right corner. The more squares, the higher the reputation. The same squares can be found in each user's Public Profile. The squares are only general guides, however — only the user knows his or her actual Reputation point level.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">What do the colors represent?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">By default, all users have a green dot displayed right beside the post count. This is because everyone is given 10 reputation point upon joining. When your reputation level falls to zero (people disagree with your posts), the green dot changes to a gray dot. However, when you fall below zero, the dot changes to red which increases in brightness if you fall further below the scale. If your peers agree with your posts, they might give you positive reputation points. If you have acquired a sufficient amount of positive reputation points, the number of green dots will also increase.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">How do I give Reputation points?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">Every post has a "scale" Reputation icon in the upper right hand corner. If a member has posted something you found particularly insightful, you can click the Reputation icon and indicate that you approve of the post. (If the post was unhelpful, you can click the Reputation icon and indicate that you disapprove.) You can also include a comment if you like.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">On what basis should I give Reputation points?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">Reputation scores should be given on a post by post basis, and should be based on your reading of the message, not your opinion of the messenger. Perhaps more importantly, Reputation scores should be based on the quality of the post, not on whether you agree with the point of view. If you like chocolate and a member posts a defense of vanilla, you should not automatically give a negative Reputation score simply because you disagree with the opinion. And you should not automatically give positive reputation scores to members or messages that you like, agree with, or simply support your position.
Ask yourself, "Would this post be helpful to a newcomer trying to understand the topic?" Is the post well written, informative, and reasonable? Is it especially clever, funny, or representative of the kind of attitude the community values? If yes, give a positive score. If not, give a negative score.
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">How do I find out my Reputation score?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">Simply open the User Control Panel (UserCP). Your overall Reputation score will appear in the upper right hand corner. You will also be able to see the last five Reputation scores you've received, listed along with the posts that were scored and any comments that were included (if any). A green dot indicates a positive Reputation score. And a red dot indicates a negative Reputation score. A grey dot indicates that a user tried to give you a Reputation score, but it did not count (i.e. because the user was new or had a negative Reputation).
You can also check the Reputation score of specific posts you've made by clicking the post's Reputation icon. The system will tell you how the post has been rated by other members (along with your overall Reputation score).
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">How many Reputation points can I give?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">When you first become a member, and after you've made ten posts, your Reputation actions are worth one point. However, your Reputation power increases over time. Bonuses: For every 90 days you're a member, you get an additional point of power (so each click is then worth two points, for example). For every 100 posts you make, you get an additional point of power. And for ever 50 Reputation points you receive from other members, you get an additional point of power. So if you're an active and longtime member, you'll find the Reputation ranks you give to posts can carry quite a bit of weight.
Limits: As mentioned above, you need to have made at least ten posts on the forum before your Reputation actions have any effect. Also, you can assign Reputation points to only ten posts per day (so save them for truly the best or worst posts). And you have to assign Reputation points to at least ten different members before you can assign them to a member a second time (so spread the wealth!).
Finally, if your Reputation score falls below 10 points — the number you get when you first join — you lose the ability to participate in the Reputation system.
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">I don't agree with a Reputation score I received. What do I do?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1">The Reputation system is a broad, informal measure of how a community's members collectively value each other's input. It's hoped it can be used more in fun than in conflict. Re-read the post in question: perhaps there was a reasonable, objective reason why a fellow user felt the way he or she did about what you wrote. However, we don't want the Reputation system to inhibit participation, and we know it can be abused by people with too much time on their hands. If you feel that you received a Reputation score unfairly, please send a link to the post in question to a forum administrator.

Call G

Bluerose
05-02-11, 11:05 AM
Write a good post and if a Mod reps you, you get more point than if a member were to rep you.

So, make me smile and I might rep you. :p

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-02-11, 11:56 AM
AAAH! DON'T SHOOT! Wait a second...is that thing even loaded? Homer, you moron.

That was a funny episode too. Homer was using his gun for everything, like opening his beer and shooting Lisa's frisbee off of the roof. LOL

mildadhd
05-02-11, 12:27 PM
OK!!
Who parked in my spot???

BR549
05-02-11, 01:17 PM
Yes, Geronimoo, we think you're hot.

Offle
05-02-11, 01:28 PM
Why are you trading rep points Geronimoo?

mildadhd
05-02-11, 01:33 PM
Sorry I'm late ringing the opening bell to start the days trading.
(some one parked in my spot).

DING DING DING

Rep point trading has begun for May 02 2011.

Current Points are at 1343,

from yesterdays 1134 points.

Grossing 209 points on May 01 2011.

mildadhd
05-02-11, 01:36 PM
Why are you trading rep points Geronimoo?

I'm not sure?

mildadhd
05-02-11, 01:46 PM
Yes, Geronimoo, we think you're hot.

Ya your right!

I have a fever.

Might need to go home, if I get to hot.

(I was vomiting with a touch of the stomack flu last night.)

So if you see me running off the trade floor.

Don't worry, I'll be back.

mildadhd
05-02-11, 01:52 PM
Write a good post and if a Mod reps you, you get more point than if a member were to rep you.

Roses are red,
But there is only one Blue.
What I'm trying to say,
Is, we really love you.

BR549
05-02-11, 02:16 PM
Aw, heck. I can't top that. This is like the Gong Show. Phyllis Diller's gonna gong me before I finish my tap dance. :( Go ahead, Johnny, show her what she's won!

Offle
05-02-11, 02:17 PM
I was just curious. That poem you wrote Blue Rose is cute by the way.

Blueranne
05-02-11, 02:32 PM
Ya your right!

I have a fever.

Might need to go home, if I get to hot.

(I was vomiting with a touch of the stomack flu last night.)

So if you see me running off the trade floor.

Don't worry, I'll be back.

So you're the culprit! You barfed all over my rep points didn't you! Just for getting me sick Im going to give you a negative rep or, at least consider it. :eek:

Lunacie
05-02-11, 02:34 PM

I dunno - but I think if people are getting a lot of negative rep, they are usually getting banned before they can acquire a whole string of red dots.

Reputation scores should be given on a post by post basis, and should be based on your reading of the message, not your opinion of the messenger. Perhaps more importantly, Reputation scores should be based on the quality of the post, not on whether you agree with the point of view.

To me, threads like this devalue the reputation system. If I get a rep point, I want to know that someone actually appreciated what I had to say (or really hated it if the point is red). There are plenty of other games to be played.

I will probably get a bunch of red points for this opinion . . . whatever. :rolleyes:

julesjampot
05-02-11, 03:12 PM

A number one writer and poetry queen,
Is our Bluerose,thats right!
She's smart and she's funny and a good pal
So switch us on a green light!;)

shysmile
05-02-11, 03:13 PM
Hence why my question was hypothetical. ^ In reality the mods here would never let people get away with that much meanness. :)

metzfanaz
05-02-11, 03:16 PM

Holy crap, I did not know that. I would've went on a Rep spree for the ages before I stepped down. Danggit all the heck!

tipoo
05-02-11, 03:19 PM
Roses are red
I am confuse
I do not know
How these green glowey things are used

Bluerose
05-02-11, 04:45 PM
A number one writer and poetry queen,
Is our Bluerose,thats right!
She's smart and she's funny and a good pal
So switch us on a green light!;)

Sorry, couldnít rep you was told to spread it.

But thank you button cam in handy. :p

Bluerose
05-02-11, 04:51 PM
I dunno - but I think if people are getting a lot of negative rep, they are usually getting banned before they can acquire a whole string of red dots.

To me, threads like this devalue the reputation system. If I get a rep point, I want to know that someone actually appreciated what I had to say (or really hated it if the point is red). There are plenty of other games to be played.

I will probably get a bunch of red points for this opinion . . . whatever. :rolleyes:

Lunacie,

So far it's just a bit of fun and so long as no one gives neg rep there shouldn't be a problem. Each member has to rep 10 people before they can return rep to a particular person. So it's not like two people can agree to continuously rep each other.

I tried to rep you but told I have to spread it.

Next time.

Lunacie
05-02-11, 05:03 PM
Lunacie,

So far it's just a bit of fun and so long as no one gives neg rep there shouldn't be a problem. Each member has to rep 10 people before they can return rep to a particular person. So it's not like two people can agree to continuously rep each other.

I tried to rep you but told I have to spread it.

Next time.

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't change my opinion. Am I not allowed to share my opinion?

Bluerose
05-02-11, 05:14 PM
Aw of course you are.

I was just sharing mine too. :)

BR549
05-02-11, 05:17 PM
Y'all are making me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

mildadhd
05-02-11, 05:21 PM
Y'all are making me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

What is considered warm in Texas?

What is the difference between fuzzy and fury?

mildadhd
05-02-11, 05:23 PM
Let's suck up to the moderators for their fat rep points.

BR549
05-02-11, 05:29 PM
What is considered warm in Texas?

What is the difference between fuzzy and fury?

There is no warm in Texas. It is hot. Always freaking hot. HOT, HOT, HOT!! I take that back. We've had winter and cold temps. I remember. It was last year, on a Tuesday.

Furry is annoying and sheds. Fuzzy is soft and happy. Like dandelions. But only when you don't have a yard to take care of. Then they are spawn of satan.

mildadhd
05-02-11, 05:42 PM
Peripatetic,
We Love You so much.
For Your truthful soft touch.
So sympathetic.
Is Peripatetic.

Peripatetic,
Peripatetic,
Your so smart,
It's pathetic.

itsanADHDthing
05-02-11, 05:55 PM
white!!!

mildadhd
05-02-11, 05:58 PM

We can have green square(s).(points gained)
Or
One gray square is a negative reputation.(points lost)
Or
One Red Square after rep points are below zero.(points lost)

The more negative posts you get after running out of points,
the brighter the red square.

When any rep is given, the rep givers name is shown.

When your reputation level falls to zero (people disagree with your posts), the green dot changes to a gray dot. However, when you fall below zero, the dot changes to red which increases in brightness if you fall further below the scale.

mildadhd
05-02-11, 06:06 PM
white!!!
What?
Is this a invisible message.

Ah HA!
It must be sent by ItsanADHDthing.

Evidence!

Hmmmmm.

I think it says whole wheat.

Remember, the whiter the bread the sooner, your dead.

Now there is controversy growing.

***Side note editing, It was invisible***

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-02-11, 06:09 PM
Holy crap, I did not know that. I would've went on a Rep spree for the ages before I stepped down. Danggit all the heck!

Stepped down?! You were a mod for like six minuets!

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-02-11, 06:10 PM
white!!!

Epic. I think I'm gonna post all of my messages like that in the future. I wonder if anyone will care? :D

mildadhd
05-02-11, 06:16 PM
Epic. I think I'm gonna post all of my messages like that in the future. I wonder if anyone will care? :D

Did you say something, anybody there?

***Side Note, joke doesn't work, in quote mode.***
maybe if we put it in light baby blue, they won't be able to read the quote ,
And wonder what the******* is he or she quoting about.
HILLARIOUS

mildadhd
05-02-11, 06:26 PM
oints Wanted

Any anybody want to trade oints?

***side note ,I just pictured a missing sign with my name on it***

mildadhd
05-02-11, 06:27 PM
Well, that was a busy day.

See you tomorrow.

metzfanaz
05-02-11, 07:19 PM
Stepped down?! You were a mod for like six minuets!

Best six minutes of my life dude, except for the wedding, "relations", finding out Santa doesn't exist, the moon landing, everytime I see Kari Byron on TV, Supernanny too, eating Crab Cakes, Zumba classes, my spot on impression of Marvin The Martian, seeing boobs for the first time, owning a smart phone, typing this post, all three Mitch Hedberg cd's, burying Jimmy Hoffa, ending prohibition, finally making a Jedi out of Luke Skywalker (even though his dad was a little Emo puss)....

metzfanaz
05-02-11, 07:19 PM
For a minute I thought Esh was back. :rolleyes:

Peripatetic,
We Love You so much.
So sympathetic.
Is Peripatetic.

Peripatetic,
Peripatetic,
Your so smart,
It's pathetic.

BR549
05-02-11, 07:33 PM
Best six minutes of my life dude, except for the wedding, "relations", finding out Santa doesn't exist, the moon landing, everytime I see Kari Byron on TV, Supernanny too, eating Crab Cakes, Zumba classes, my spot on impression of Marvin The Martian, seeing boobs for the first time, owning a smart phone, typing this post, all three Mitch Hedberg cd's, burying Jimmy Hoffa, ending prohibition, finally making a Jedi out of Luke Skywalker (even though his dad was a little Emo puss)....

Santa doesn't exist?!? Mitch Hedberg has THREE cd's?!?! Relations lasts six minutes?!? For real?-cause I feel gypped on that last one. This is too much. I think I need to be alone now.

Impromptu_DTour
05-02-11, 07:38 PM
100% guaranteed.

i like 100%'s, i rarely every get them! :D

BR549
05-02-11, 07:45 PM
Did you say something, anybody there?

I think it's white noise.

nevermore
05-02-11, 11:09 PM
I'll be the guinea pig.

Blueranne
05-02-11, 11:10 PM
I'll be the guinea pig.

Nevermore ROCKS.... Lets make nevermore the cool guy and see what its looks like to have all red points!

BR549
05-02-11, 11:16 PM
Nah, I couldn't do that! But props to you, Nevermore for volunteering! Just volunteering should earn him some rep points, IMO.

BR549
05-02-11, 11:17 PM
Oops, I meant I couldn't give him all red, not I couldn't make him the cool guy.

Blueranne
05-02-11, 11:19 PM
I like the color red. I also like nevermore. This is sincere. Being different can be lots of fun ya know...

mildadhd
05-02-11, 11:20 PM
Sorry Peripatetic and ADDFer's
The last part of the poem was deleted, by mistake.
I will finish now

Peripatetic,
We Love You so much.
So sympathetic.
Is Peripatetic.

Peripatetic,
Peripatetic,
Your so smart, and beautiful.
It's pathetic how sad I get when your green light , does not go.

Competing against the other boys for you attention.
You where the only girl in detention.
Hoping you will ask me a question.
Trying to think of something long to say.
But I am to distracted by the question.
How long can I make her stay?

Blueranne
05-02-11, 11:24 PM
Sorry Peripatetic and ADDFer's
The last part of the poem was deleted, by mistake.
I will finish now

Peripatetic,
We Love You so much.
So sympathetic.
Is Peripatetic.

Peripatetic,
Peripatetic,
Your so smart, and beautiful.
It's pathetic how sad I get when your green light , does not go.

Competing against the other boys for you attention.
You where the only girl in detention.
Hoping you will ask me a question.
Trying to think of something long to say.
But I am to distracted by the question.
How long can I make her stay?

OMG you are Esh reincarnated arent you?

Possum
05-02-11, 11:29 PM
I don't think I could give anyone a negative rep - well, maybe one or two but by the time it got that far, the mods banned them and saved me the trouble. I have hit that exclamation thingie a couple of times to report posts to the mods. One was for a post that was just an outrageous piece of spam and one was from a druggie who was talking about how to acquire adderall illegally.

Nevermore, I think it was quite noble to offer yourself up as our sacrificial lab rat, but I can't take you up on that offer. Like BR549, I think you should get a positive rep for that - not negative. ;)

Blueranne
05-02-11, 11:37 PM
OK, well bad idea I guess.... We love you nevermore!

mildadhd
05-02-11, 11:38 PM
I'll be the guinea pig.

No!

No testing on animals.

Nevermore, nice to meet you.
Now I appreciate your help, and I will also send you some rep points tomorrow when I get the new shipment for your dedication.

I have made the rep points information very clear on post #59 and also a shorter summary on post #87.
Any more questions, please ask.
(I've been taking this new medication)

Nevermore, you are to valuable to go like that, we could use in a better position in the future.

Yours GB

mildadhd
05-02-11, 11:48 PM

Actually Esh does all my writing,
Short stories, serious posts , speeches, most of the humor and all of the romantic stuff.

My job is to invest the interest on the rep points that I have received but haven't giving yet, and still oweing.
A little thing we got going on the points add up.

But don't tell anybody.
I will make it worth you while.(rep points!!!)

I will private message you again later.

GB

Blueranne
05-02-11, 11:54 PM
Actually Esh does all my writing,
Short stories, serious posts , speeches, most of the humor and all of the romantic stuff.

My job is to invest the interest on the rep points that I have received but haven't giving yet, and still oweing.
A little points add up.

But don't tell anybody.
I will make it worth you while.(rep points!!!)

I will private message you again later.

GB

I cant rep you again... sorry!

zannie
05-02-11, 11:56 PM
Can't trade points with you GB need to spread the rep around.

You are a real rep point shark! Just try to keep it non-violent. No throwing people in lakes with cement shoes if they don't pay up!

mildadhd
05-03-11, 12:26 AM

You are a real rep point shark! Just try to keep it non-violent. No throwing people in lakes with cement shoes if they don't pay up!

Zannie
Spread the love all over this thread.
Til you use them all.
Then after 24 hours you get some more.

Then you can give me some fat rep points.(consulting fee)
And like it says on line 277 , section 34 (A) of the Rep Trader Mission statement:

There shall be a thread, where people who don't receive much rep points, can receive points.
A thread that can show others what we are capable.
A thread that can bring out a little of what we know.
A thread to build self esteem.
A thread that we can keep up to.
A thread that has as little words as possible, so we might actually read more than the opening post.
A thread that GB, as head rep point trader will acquire fat rep points(guaranteed)
And appear as if he knows something, without actually knowing to much at all

pooka
05-03-11, 12:48 AM
Metz! You're not a mod anymore?! What is this?! Who do I go to with all my various forum difficulties? :( Oh wait...now you can join our mod-free parties! :D And I get a chance to bother the other mods with my forum difficulties! YAY!

metzfanaz
05-03-11, 12:59 AM
Metz! You're not a mod anymore?! What is this?! Who do I go to with all my various forum difficulties? :( Oh wait...now you can join our mod-free parties! :D And I get a chance to bother the other mods with my forum difficulties! YAY!

Yeah, I gave it up. Now I can hang at your parties. I felt it wasn't for me. :)

Hopefully you won't have many problems, haven't seen much of the Spam/PM's again so yeah. Then again I never got those because they seemed to avoid anyone not colored blue. :p

mildadhd
05-03-11, 01:05 AM

Hopefully you won't have many problems, haven't seen much of the Spam/PM's again so yeah. Then again I never got those because they seemed to avoid anyone not colored blue. :p

I'm not a moderator,
never been a moderator,
How come I've never been to asked to any parties.
Oh You gals must of thought I was a moderator.

C8H10N4O2
05-03-11, 03:36 AM
OK, well bad idea I guess.... We love you nevermore!

Haha, well... I tried, but only because it was experimental. I'm a sucker for an experiment.

C8H10N4O2
05-03-11, 03:36 AM

Feels good eh? Being a mod is a huge burden imo.

fletcherface
05-03-11, 05:11 AM
...http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4804/bllurk4.gif

So...if I give rep points to everybody here...I'ma get 'em back?

OH! And btw, I think I have the green thingies figured out. It's like this...I have 2. And they're both dark...I have 180 rep points. I think once I get 200, I'll have a third green thing and they will all be light green. Another 50 and the first one will be dark, and so on and so forth. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure, but it's what I've gathered so far. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4786/smokin.gif

fletcherface
05-03-11, 05:13 AM
And THIS is an invisible thread. hahahahaha

Abi
05-03-11, 07:02 AM
BRILLIANT !!!!!

SHEER BRILLIANCE

Geronimo you rule :P

BR549
05-03-11, 09:20 AM
Then you can give me some fat rep points.(consulting fee)
And like it says on line 277 , section 34 (A) of the Rep Trader Mission statement:

Is that annotated?

I picture you quoting "there shall be a thread.." much like a stereotypical televangelist. Big hair, white suit complete with patent white shoes and lots of bling;)

peripatetic
05-03-11, 11:35 AM

absence must make the heart grow...to recall him being less explicit, i guess:p

if my eshy were back, you'd know it; the whole town would know it and there'd be no mistaking it:D

g! totally rep-worthy poem there:) i hate to disappoint, but i have the same number of reputation points whether i'm a moderator or not. i'm happy to throw my fifty-ish your way, nonetheless. oh, and, yeah...i *was* the only girl in detention! what's with that:confused:

i'm always happy to see the little green dot by your username though, g:D

mildadhd
05-03-11, 12:28 PM
Hi Gals,

I won't be back in the office til later this evening.
There is a problem with the rep points shipment at the border.

I sure hope I don't get strip searched again.

GB

Blueranne
05-03-11, 12:32 PM
That would be fun to watch though :p

mildadhd
05-03-11, 01:03 PM
That would be fun to watch though :p

I'm on my Applephone,
On the road all ready.
Early birds gets the worms.
Next time you can come.
Well make a day of it.
Sounds like so much fun.
We could go get searched,
then we could go and eat and maybe some duty free.
It will be so much fun.

Do you mind hitch hiking?

Possum
05-03-11, 01:09 PM
Tis, I! Your experimental newbie at long last! I will not post in any other forum besides this one, and I look forward to lots of negative rep points!

Hit me with your best shot! Fire away! :D

tipoo
05-03-11, 01:12 PM
Tis, I! Your experimental newbie at long last! I will not post in any other forum besides this one, and I look forward to lots of negative rep points!

One red square. Keep firing!

Blueranne
05-03-11, 01:18 PM
I'm on my Applephone,
On the road all ready.
Early birds gets the worms.
Next time you can come.
Well make a day of it.
Sounds like so much fun.
We could go get searched,
then we could go and eat and maybe some duty free.
It will be so much fun.

Do you mind hitch hiking?

If I tried hitch hiking I would be liable for too many deaths... Everyone would stop all at once and there would be a mass pileup. I just couldnt bring my self to do that. hehehe

Back packing through Europe or a summer road trip along the west coast would be awesome though!

Blueranne
05-03-11, 01:21 PM

who is this really?

Abi
05-03-11, 01:22 PM
I swear it isn't me, I don't do clones anymore, I have reformed.

C8H10N4O2
05-03-11, 01:40 PM
...http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4804/bllurk4.gif

So...if I give rep points to everybody here...I'ma get 'em back?

OH! And btw, I think I have the green thingies figured out. It's like this...I have 2. And they're both dark...I have 180 rep points. I think once I get 200, I'll have a third green thing and they will all be light green. Another 50 and the first one will be dark, and so on and so forth. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure, but it's what I've gathered so far. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4786/smokin.gif

I don't think that's how it works. Mine were never bright until I got to 6.

Abi
05-03-11, 01:47 PM
The first one is free.

The next five (four dark ones and the first bright one) are for each successive 100 rep points you earn.

The final five shiny ones are for each succesive 200 rep points you earn.

ginniebean
05-03-11, 02:29 PM

I am GB he is FH! Now that we got that straight I want a poem too.

Blueranne
05-03-11, 02:30 PM
Yeah! I just got my second bright green light!!!

Blueranne
05-03-11, 02:32 PM
I love poems!

tipoo
05-03-11, 02:54 PM
Do thanks count towards total reputation? Keep hitting the new guy with red :D

Possum
05-03-11, 03:35 PM
I am GB he is FH! Now that we got that straight I want a poem too.

Ginniebean,
She's never mean.
And she's the best mod
On the ADHD squad.
Gin is always in the lead
Posts to us in the hour of need.
She's kind and she's smart.
She's won all our hearts!

OK, do I get extra special super duper mod rep now? :D

shysmile
05-03-11, 03:40 PM

Everyone give a cheer for our new, brave lab rat!! (but no positive rep because that will ruin the experiment). :D

Who are you btw??

Possum
05-03-11, 03:44 PM
One red square. Keep firing!

That's the spirit! I want negative reps for EVERY post I make on this thread, so keep 'em coming!

This is for SCIENCE, folks! Hit me, baby; hit me!

who is this really?

"You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, and you don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger..." :eek::D

PS Stop thanking me everyone. I think it may effect my rep positively if you do that! ;)

BR549
05-03-11, 03:45 PM
I STILL can't do it. Lab rat or not. :(

BR549
05-03-11, 03:46 PM
Maybe if you insulted me? That might do it.

tipoo
05-03-11, 03:47 PM
That's the spirit! I want negative reps for EVERY post I make on this thread, so keep 'em coming!

This is for SCIENCE, folks! Hit me, baby; hit me!

When you hit user CP, can you see who gave you neg rep?

Come on everyone, for SCIENCE!

Also if thanks count towards the squares, maybe you should un-thank him?

metzfanaz
05-03-11, 03:51 PM
Maybe if you insulted me? That might do it.

what if he said your picture looked faded?

BR549
05-03-11, 03:53 PM
I prefer to think of it as "soft focus" If Cybil Sheppard can do it in Moonlighting, so can I.

Blueranne
05-03-11, 04:49 PM

LabRat, would you care to give a status report? How many negative reps have you received?

metzfanaz
05-03-11, 05:57 PM
I prefer to think of it as "soft focus" If Cybil Sheppard can do it in Moonlighting, so can I.

You look better then she does, you don't have that 80's hair thing going on. Or maybe you do, gosh I dunno. Either way you don't look like a dude or Rosanne Barr so your doing alright. :D

BR549
05-03-11, 06:07 PM
You look better then she does, you don't have that 80's hair thing going on. Or maybe you do, gosh I dunno. Either way you don't look like a dude or Rosanne Barr so your doing alright. :D

Them's mighty kind words. There is not enough Final Net on the planet to give me 80's hair. Again. Let's hope that trend never comes back, because I don't have my "Frankie Say Relax" shirt anymore and one without the other just looks silly. I've put lots of effort into not looking like Roseanne or a dude. It's a personal goal. Thanks for acknowledging my accomplishments. ;)

Possum
05-03-11, 07:08 PM
LabRat, would you care to give a status report? How many negative reps have you received?

And I quote:

Your reputation on this post (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077441#post1077441) is Very Negative. <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Comments on this Post</legend> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"> <tbody><tr> <td>http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td>i call shenanigans as i don't believe the red square gets any brighter...but we shall see...</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </fieldset> You have -52 Reputation point(s).

tipoo
05-03-11, 07:10 PM
-52, I think each square is 100 points. Keep negging newbie, folks! SCIENCE!

The mouseover says you are infamous around these parts, lol.

Possum
05-03-11, 07:12 PM
My complete list or rep comments:

<table class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="thead">
</td> <td class="thead">Thread</td> <td class="thead">Date</td> <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Posted By</td> <td class="thead">Comment</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077441" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077441#post1077441) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 02:19 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> peripatetic (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=34612) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">i call shenanigans as i don't believe the red square gets any brighter...but we shall see...</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 01:35 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> shysmile (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=16776) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Oh man! Awesome :D the test newbie is here!</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 01:13 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> metzfanaz (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=44629) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Fishsticks</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 11:40 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> C8H10N4O2 (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=50191) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Booooo! Lol</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 11:12 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> tipoo (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=44015) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Noob</td></tr></tbody></table>

I you don't leave a comment, it doesn't tell me who you are.

BR549, your mama wears combat boots! :p

OK gotta go run in my wheel some more. No rest for the wicked!

tipoo
05-03-11, 07:18 PM
I'm guessing each rep doesn't give one point? How many points does a standard rep give, and a mod rep?

Abi
05-03-11, 07:35 PM
Anywhere between 0 and 150+, depending on the person's rep power, which in turn depends on how many rep points they have, how long they have been a member, and pharma-knows what else.

BR549
05-03-11, 07:38 PM
oops...

BR549
05-03-11, 07:41 PM
I just hit you with "confrontational"! I'm sure it's there by now!

sadly, she does wear combat boots. :o

metzfanaz
05-03-11, 07:43 PM
Them's mighty kind words. There is not enough Final Net on the planet to give me 80's hair. Again. Let's hope that trend never comes back, because I don't have my "Frankie Say Relax" shirt anymore and one without the other just looks silly. I've put lots of effort into not looking like Roseanne or a dude. It's a personal goal. Thanks for acknowledging my accomplishments. ;)

OMG, I have to put this out there. When the hell did the cut sweatshirts hanging off of one shoulder come back into fashion? I have seen this 4 times this week and one girl at the gym is always wearing that. Flashdance was what, 1000 yrs ago? Come on people, it sucked then and it sucks now! DON'T DO IT!

Frankie rocks. :D

BR549
05-03-11, 07:48 PM
Noooooo.......!!!!!! I haven't seen that at my gym yet. Although I did see leg warmers at a restaurant recently. Since no one's legs here in Texas could ever really get cold, I was hoping it was a misguided fashion accident. I see the reality of it now. Hold me. I'm scared. :eek:

Now, I'm going me singing "She's a maniac, maniac......."

Possum
05-03-11, 07:54 PM
Guys, you gotta give every post I make negative rep points. Th help the process along, I'll give a bunch of people positive points to remind them to come back and zing me some more!
Or do you get that message: You must spread some more negative rep around before you can give anymore to labRat? LOL

Yours,
LabRat

Blueranne
05-03-11, 07:56 PM
Guys, you gotta give every post I make negative rep points. Th help the process along, I'll give a bunch of people positive points to remind them to come back and zing me some more!

Yours,
Labrat

I dont think your points will count unless you use your true identity...

Blueranne
05-03-11, 08:16 PM
Where did GB go? I think we unintentionally ousted him...

GB there are other ladies who are waiting for their poems and rep points!

nevermore
05-03-11, 09:35 PM
can someone please tell me where I need to go if I want to see the comments associated to my reputation points?

pooka
05-03-11, 09:36 PM
can someone please tell me where I need to go if I want to see the comments associated to my reputation points?

Go to User CP, it's in the blue bar at the top of the page.

tipoo
05-03-11, 10:06 PM
Or do you get that message: You must spread some more negative rep around before you can give anymore to labRat? LOL

Yours,
LabRat

The one you gave is a grey box, not green or red...Did everyone else get that on their CP? Maybe its because yours is in the negative? This system is confusing.

fletcherface
05-03-11, 10:09 PM
I'm sad nobody liked my invisible post...

And I feel like a rep-point wh*re right now...http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5774/flatn.gif

But I was totally sincere with all of them! :D

fletcherface
05-03-11, 10:14 PM
I just wanted to post again to say thanks to everybody... And sorry my observation was not correct. And I don't know what everybody's talking about the post or thread thing...I'ma have to go back to my post...

But yeah, I didn't even realize I had gotten so many. Is there any way you can see more than the last 5?! I wanna hit everybody back. http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7205/erm.gif And I totally would have went down the list first. Sad day. http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6064/frowny.gif

C8H10N4O2
05-03-11, 10:17 PM
I don't know if there is or not, but it seems like it'd be a great thing to still have access to. I'd rather be able to see a history of rep than an entire history of "thanks" I'd received and given.

BR549
05-03-11, 10:27 PM

Well, I just missed it! sorry!!! I have to wait till tomorrow....the well has run dry for me.:(

Mesaana
05-03-11, 10:52 PM
what is this, like the black market of the add forums?? if i trade rep points am i gonna wake up without my liver?? hell, anyone wannu give me rep points for my liver?? or maybe i could tell your fortune. ill pm you your fortune if you give me rep points??? any takers?

BR549
05-03-11, 11:01 PM
I would so trade you points to have my fortune told! I'm out of points for the day :( No more merry-go-rides for me:(

C8H10N4O2
05-03-11, 11:03 PM
what is this, like the black market of the add forums?? if i trade rep points am i gonna wake up without my liver?? hell, anyone wannu give me rep points for my liver?? or maybe i could tell your fortune. ill pm you your fortune if you give me rep points??? any takers?

No, not the liver, but I'll take a kidney.

fletcherface
05-04-11, 12:15 AM

I MEANT POST! Psh. Hehe.

pooka
05-04-11, 12:21 AM

I'm in the same position as BR549. I'd love to hear my fortune, but unfortunately I gotta spread the love first :D I promise I'll get back to ya once the love has been spread!

Possum
05-04-11, 12:29 AM
The one you gave is a grey box, not green or red...Did everyone else get that on their CP? Maybe its because yours is in the negative? This system is confusing.

Since rep points can vary from 1-150 according to how much mojo a poster has, maybe a rep from newbie labrat DETRACTS from your rep. By their company ye shall know them and all that. :eek:

peripatetic
05-04-11, 12:42 AM

the grey box indicates the person is too new...or doesn't have enough reputation points (positive ones) to give reputation to others.

mildadhd
05-04-11, 12:45 AM
ADDFer's

The Rep Force is disrupted.

Someone has a red square.

(Dark Red)

I can't seem to concentrate.

Everything is wrong.

It is to much, knowing that square is red.

I can't even trade.:(

What if..

What if we...

Turn that square green.

Free the lab rat from his own self destruction.

At least stop the negative reps.

Please I beg of you .

When will it all stop!

I will not return until that red square is at least gray.

Edit Side Note , thanks for all the fat rep points, I'm at 1520.

Possum
05-04-11, 12:51 AM
Hey! Somebody gave one of my posts a POSITIVE rep, so now I'm down to only -44 points!

NO! NO! NO!

Everybody has to HATE me! I'm the worst noob anyone has ever seen on this board!

ADHD is just some fairy tale made up by people who are too lazy to study or work a real job!

You guys are just a bunch of druggies trying to legitimize your addictions!

Pssssssst! Where can I score some adderall, dudes?

You'all give those DRUGS to little kids?

Look at me! I want attention, so I'm going to be adversarial and disagree with every post I read here!

Get the idea? No more positive reps, please.

Yours,
The Rat :cool:

Blueranne
05-04-11, 12:51 AM
ADDFer's

The Rep Force is disrupted.

Someone has a red square.

(Dark Red)

I can't seem to concentrate.

Everything is wrong.

It is to much, knowing that square is red.

I can't even trade.:(

What if..

What if we...

Turn that square green.

Free the lab rat from his own self destruction.

At least stop the negative reps.

Please I beg of you .

When will it all stop!

I will not return until that red square is at least gray.
This is not done out of hate, it is pure fun, just to kick against the pricks.
Dont leave us GB we need you!

shysmile
05-04-11, 12:57 AM
Lab Rat went from being infamous around these parts to only hoping to improve. Nooooes we've been sabotaged!!! :eek:

Alright! Who has the green finger? WHO?? *stares down the forum people* :p

pooka
05-04-11, 01:00 AM
Wasn't me, I swear! I only aided in the destruction of the LabRat's reputation!

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:16 AM
Anybody seen,
Ginnie Bean?

Ginnie Bean.
Where ya been?
I just won't believe,
you've been drinking gin.

We love so much.
The bean touch.

Who is never mean?
Queen Ginnie Bean

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:20 AM
Hey! Somebody gave one of my posts a POSITIVE rep, so now I'm down to only -44 points!

NO! NO! NO!

Everybody has to HATE me! I'm the worst noob anyone has ever seen on this board!

ADHD is just some fairy tale made up by people who are too lazy to study or work a real job!

You guys are just a bunch of druggies trying to legitimize your addictions!

Pssssssst! Where can I score some adderall, dudes?

You'all give those DRUGS to little kids?

Look at me! I want attention, so I'm going to be adversarial and disagree with every post I read here!

Get the idea? No more positive reps, please.

Yours,
The Rat :cool:

It was me.
I will keep giving you, positive reps til this all stops.
I will never surrender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y80XM_k-0u4&feature=related

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMUX_4B-Hr4

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:42 AM
This is not done out of hate, it is pure fun, just to kick against the pricks.
Dont leave us GB we need you!

Only if it all stops!
Other wise, why even...

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8c7zPYxjY&playnext=1&list=PL14920A842351019D

Mesaana
05-04-11, 01:47 AM
No, not the liver, but I'll take a kidney.

alright!! in the process of removing it righ now. and it's got your name on it ;) *takes out black sharpie and writes your name on kidney*. btw do you mind telling me what you plan to do with my kidney?? just curious.

Mesaana
05-04-11, 01:48 AM
I would so trade you points to have my fortune told! I'm out of points for the day :( No more merry-go-rides for me:(

that's ok, i give away one free fortune a day, and you got it! :P

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQq72ULF_g&feature=related

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaE1ZFIs9Pg&feature=related

peripatetic
05-04-11, 01:54 AM
Who is never mean?
Queen Ginnie Bean

this is true; she's momma bean!:D

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-STN2ClXVUg&feature=related

Blueranne
05-04-11, 01:58 AM
OK OK OK Every one must stop the experimentation....

http://rlv.zcache.com/kiss_of_peace_flower_power_poster-p228175980037218234trma_400.jpg

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PXOjlgsmY&feature=related

mildadhd
05-04-11, 02:05 AM
Notice the red and green lifesabers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRd9PGmAQUE&feature=related

Sandy4957
05-04-11, 02:24 AM
I can't believe that I read through 13 pages of this thread. How very ADHD of me. It was like I couldn't stop myself. :o:D

But I can't participate in the rep. trading. The whole rep. thing makes me nutty. I'd rather that it didn't exist.

Although I'll admit that I negative repped the lab rat, just for fun. Don't know that I've ever negative repped anyone before, and it was REALLY weird to get "thanked" for doing it. Sort of creepy and sadistic. :(:o

Bluerose
05-04-11, 07:54 AM
My complete list or rep comments:

<table class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="thead">
</td> <td class="thead">Thread</td> <td class="thead">Date</td> <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Posted By</td> <td class="thead">Comment</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077441" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077441#post1077441) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 02:19 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> peripatetic (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=34612) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">i call shenanigans as i don't believe the red square gets any brighter...but we shall see...</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 01:35 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> shysmile (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=16776) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Oh man! Awesome :D the test newbie is here!</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 01:13 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> metzfanaz (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=44629) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Fishsticks</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 11:40 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> C8H10N4O2 (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=50191) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Booooo! Lol</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1077326" width="50%"> Rep Points Trader (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077326#post1077326) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-03-11 11:12 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> tipoo (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=44015) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Noob</td></tr></tbody></table>

I you don't leave a comment, it doesn't tell me who you are.

BR549, your mama wears combat boots! :p

OK gotta go run in my wheel some more. No rest for the wicked!

I know who the test newbie is. :rolleyes: :p :cool:

BR549
05-04-11, 08:22 AM

The plot thickens....*cues dramatic organ music-or the Spanish version of "Help"*

Bluerose
05-04-11, 08:39 AM
Here's
.a

clue

it's

Not me!!!!! :p

BR549
05-04-11, 08:44 AM
Here's
.a

clue

it's

Not me!!!!! :p

Okay, charades, then. Two words, sounds like.....(this is where your part comes in-- go ahead , jump in anytime)

Lunacie
05-04-11, 09:20 AM
I can't believe that I read through 13 pages of this thread. How very ADHD of me. It was like I couldn't stop myself. :o:D

But I can't participate in the rep. trading. The whole rep. thing makes me nutty. I'd rather that it didn't exist.

Although I'll admit that I negative repped the lab rat, just for fun. Don't know that I've ever negative repped anyone before, and it was REALLY weird to get "thanked" for doing it. Sort of creepy and sadistic. :(:o

I HATE having to load new pages, especially if I want to look back at a post on a previous page and don't remember which page it was on, that's a lot of scrolling backwards. I have my options set to show me 40 posts per page. User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page (from 5 to 40).

I did give red rep to Newbie Lab Rat - giving him/her (?) green points was just as mean as giving someone red points just because you're in a bad mood. I think it's an interesting experiment, and more worthy of giving points than just trying to build up your numbers.

BR549
05-04-11, 12:11 PM
that's ok, i give away one free fortune a day, and you got it! :P

Spanx so much!!! :D

tipoo
05-04-11, 12:13 PM
Still only one red square. How many points do you have now noobie?

And who is it!?

mildadhd
05-04-11, 01:14 PM
I was on the Price is Right,
And I won a trip.
See you when I get back.
Love GB

Possum
05-04-11, 01:42 PM

BUSTED!

And since GBYR is not comfortable with our experiment - even though it was for SCIENCE - I will cease and desist.

And since a mod figured out who I really am -

I am actually Possum.

Please don't ban me mods! It was all in good fun!

PS I ended up with -56 rep points.

tipoo
05-04-11, 01:44 PM
But...We're only halfway done with SCIENCE!

Possum
05-04-11, 01:49 PM
Can't go against our fearless leader, GBYR!

BR549
05-04-11, 02:04 PM
I'll say it again--you are awesome, possum!!!!! The best lab rat evah!!!

Huzzah, Huzzah!

Mesaana
05-04-11, 02:37 PM
i still have another kidney!!!!! any takers? anyone want their fortune told???

BR549
05-04-11, 02:41 PM
You're going to need that to help filter out your meds. Offer up a lung.

Blueranne
05-04-11, 03:18 PM
I was on the Price is Right,
And I won a trip.
See you when I get back.
Love GB

OMG, your joking right?

OK, ready for a random fact about Blueranne?

I have watch the Price is Right for the last 20 years.... Im going to the show live for my 30th bday!!!

metzfanaz
05-04-11, 03:24 PM

Fortunes told, oh yeah! I'm game....

Blueranne
05-04-11, 03:26 PM

Me too.... Can you foresee if I get the job I applied for?

Mesaana
05-04-11, 04:58 PM
Fortunes told, oh yeah! I'm game....

ok, your fortune:

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."

Mesaana
05-04-11, 04:59 PM
Me too.... Can you foresee if I get the job I applied for?

lol, well no not exactly but here is your fortune!

"Doors will be opening for you in many areas of your life."

interpret it how you wish...

Abi
05-04-11, 05:32 PM
It was Possum? Would never had guessed it.

Sorry tipoo :o

Lunacie
05-04-11, 05:35 PM
BUSTED!

And since GBYR is not comfortable with our experiment - even though it was for SCIENCE - I will cease and desist.

And since a mod figured out who I really am -

I am actually Possum.

Please don't ban me mods! It was all in good fun!

PS I ended up with -56 rep points.

I thought it was an awesome experiment!

No one stopped with the game to accumulate meaningless rep points just because I'm not comfortable with it. Why does GBYR's opinion matter more than mine does?

* sincerely curious about this *

Blueranne
05-04-11, 05:38 PM
lol..... ummm, no comment ;) (other than to say no comment) :p

Abi
05-04-11, 05:43 PM
Lunacie: Because we're having fun.

Lunacie
05-04-11, 05:51 PM
Lunacie: Because we're having fun.

I'm not talking about the joking around and having fun in the thread.

But I wasn't actually asking you - I was asking Possom/LabRat, eh?

Abi
05-04-11, 05:56 PM
You weren't asking me, but I'm telling you anyway, eh?

Lunacie
05-04-11, 06:07 PM
You weren't asking me, but I'm telling you anyway, eh?

So your opinion is that some posters having "fun" makes one poster's opinion more important than mine - even though I never tried to derail the party aspect?

... just trying to be sure I understand your point ...

Abi
05-04-11, 06:17 PM
No one suggested your opinion was less important than any others.

However, clearly, since some posters ARE having fun, we will continue to have fun, despite your opinion [and without any suggestion to the effect that your opinion is unimportant.]

Lunacie
05-04-11, 06:35 PM
No one suggested your opinion was less important than any others.

However, clearly, since some posters ARE having fun, we will continue to have fun, despite your opinion [and without any suggestion to the effect that your opinion is unimportant.]

Doesn't seem like you understood my question, so just let the person I was asking answer the question, okey-dokie?

peripatetic
05-04-11, 07:11 PM
although i'm also not the one directly asked, i will offer why i would not have chosen to engage in the "negative rep experiment" portion of this game at FH's request: he started the game. i'm in no way saying that the person who starts a thread "owns" it...but he started the game and i personally felt obliged to play by his rules. thus, had i not already engaged in that portion, i would have refrained at his request.

with another member feeling uncomfortable: there have been occasions where my behavior is very hurtful to another. when approached directly, i'm always willing to discuss the matter. whether i agree or not and whether i alter my behavior depends upon the course of discussion and the degree of hurt/offense the other person communicates feeling weighed against the importance i see of whatever statement i am making.

the example that springs to mind, albeit an imperfect one because i consider this person a good friend and wouldn't want to suggest that only those i'm closer to merit consideration, did result in an adjustment on my part. she explained her position and that my actions were very hurtful (though in no way directed at her) and i explained my position. we disagreed strongly with each other's perspective, but at the end of the day i adjusted because my reasoning and desired results (even if i achieved whatever "goal" i had), simply paled in comparison to the hurt they caused her.

my position on the subject didn't change, per se, but it did expand to include consideration of the pain felt by someone else. those on this thread i'm even minimally familiar with do not strike me as persons out to cause another significant grief just for merriment and, while i don't know most well (if at all), i do know FH (geronimo now) very well and can't imagine he began this thread to hurt anyone; he's just not a mean-spirited person.

Lunacie
05-04-11, 07:39 PM
although i'm also not the one directly asked, i will offer why i would not have chosen to engage in the "negative rep experiment" portion of this game at FH's request: he started the game. i'm in no way saying that the person who starts a thread "owns" it...but he started the game and i personally felt obliged to play by his rules. thus, had i not already engaged in that portion, i would have refrained at his request.

with another member feeling uncomfortable: there have been occasions where my behavior is very hurtful to another. when approached directly, i'm always willing to discuss the matter. whether i agree or not and whether i alter my behavior depends upon the course of discussion and the degree of hurt/offense the other person communicates feeling weighed against the importance i see of whatever statement i am making.

the example that springs to mind, albeit an imperfect one because i consider this person a good friend and wouldn't want to suggest that only those i'm closer to merit consideration, did result in an adjustment on my part. she explained her position and that my actions were very hurtful (though in no way directed at her) and i explained my position. we disagreed strongly with each other's perspective, but at the end of the day i adjusted because my reasoning and desired results (even if i achieved whatever "goal" i had), simply paled in comparison to the hurt they caused her.

my position on the subject didn't change, per se, but it did expand to include consideration of the pain felt by someone else. those on this thread i'm even minimally familiar with do not strike me as persons out to cause another significant grief just for merriment and, while i don't know most well (if at all), i do know FH (geronimo now) very well and can't imagine he began this thread to hurt anyone; he's just not a mean-spirited person.

I'm sorry but I'm not following. How does giving red rep to a person who set up an experimental account just to see what happens when a person only gets red rep "cause another person significant grief?" How is it "mean-spirited?" :confused:

Blueranne
05-04-11, 07:43 PM
This is off the subject but Lunacie, I love that you have a quote from Wynona Judd for your signature! :D

peripatetic
05-04-11, 07:45 PM
i didn't say it was either. why would it cause fh grief? my opinion is that he saw it as picking on others, which he's not keen on. but i don't know. that he didn't like it is clear and i respect that he started the game and i'm willing and able to play by the rules he chooses for it.

i didn't say it was mean spirited either. i don't think it was. what i said was that he is not mean spirited and i don't believe others here are from what i know of them (which is, as i said, admittedly far less than what i know of fh). i gave an example of how someone has approached me in the past when hurt/offended.

all was done to illustrate, apparently ineffectively, why others stopped playing the side game of "negative rep" when fh expressed his dislike of it and why, PERHAPS, you registering your dislike wasn't met with similar response; i.e. i personally didn't see you as being considerably hurt, just registering dislike, and you didn't start the game.

Possum
05-04-11, 07:49 PM
I thought it was an awesome experiment!

No one stopped with the game to accumulate meaningless rep points just because I'm not comfortable with it. Why does GBYR's opinion matter more than mine does?

* sincerely curious about this *

Sorry, I haven't been back on the board until now. I guess I felt that we had hi-jacked the thread in a way, and the OP was not very happy about it. This IS GBYR's thread after all.

I guess labrat could start a new thread of her own to get negative rep points if the mods wouldn't mind. ;)

Lunacie
05-04-11, 07:53 PM
i didn't say it was either. why would it cause fh grief? my opinion is that he saw it as picking on others, which he's not keen on. but i don't know. that he didn't like it is clear and i respect that he started the game and i'm willing and able to play by the rules he chooses for it.

i didn't say it was mean spirited either. i don't think it was. what i said was that he is not mean spirited and i don't believe others here are from what i know of them (which is, as i said, admittedly far less than what i know of fh). i gave an example of how someone has approached me in the past when hurt/offended.

all was done to illustrate, apparently ineffectively, why others stopped playing the side game of "negative rep" when fh expressed his dislike of it and why, PERHAPS, you registering your dislike wasn't met with similar response; i.e. i personally didn't see you as being considerably hurt, just registering dislike, and you didn't start the game.

I'm unclear as to what you meant in using those phrases then.

I thought Geronimoo was joking about staying away from the thread until people stopped giving LabRat red rep points.

That's one reason I don't usually participate in threads like this - I tend to take things literally - as they're written. It's hard for me to read between the lines.

Clicked submit before finishing my thought... I understood that it was Geronimoo's thread and therefore his response carries more weight (although I don't necessarily agree that it has to be that way). But as I said, I thought he was joking so I didn't understand why his post was seen as being personally hurt as compared to my "dislike." I actually explained why I find gratituous repping to be hurtful to the concept of giving rep, how it devalues rep for everyone, including me. How was that -not- registering a personal hurt as compared to his joking way of saying he wouldn't play along?

Maybe I'm stupider about this kind of communication than I thought I was, but I really do not understand.

I don't usually post in the chit-chat section just because I don't usually understand all the social nuances - but I do when something really rubs me the wrong way - like gratuituous giving of rep points.

edit - probably didn't make myself any clearer but had to give it a try

pooka
05-04-11, 08:19 PM
It's all in good fun, Lunacie. My point of view is that we so often forget to give rep points where they are deserved that this kind of makes up for it. In my humble opinion, everyone who's on this thread is deserving of rep points, but may not always be receiving credit where credit is due. Just my possibly lame justification. :D

peripatetic
05-04-11, 08:33 PM
seriously, i was just offering my perspective on the off chance it'd be useful and not setting out to differentiate nuances of hurt versus dislike and so forth. if someone found my thoughts and experiences useful, great; if not, that's great too. ultimately, i considered continuing to engage by puzzling out this side topic to fh's thread and have come to the conclusion that i'm not invested enough. upshot: i posted in earnest offering my thoughts and if they weren't helpful, i hope others' were.

Bluerose
05-04-11, 10:14 PM
Sorry, I haven't been back on the board until now. I guess I felt that we had hi-jacked the thread in a way, and the OP was not very happy about it. This IS GBYR's thread after all.

I guess labrat could start a new thread of her own to get negative rep points if the mods wouldn't mind. ;)

It was a good experiment and it was fun and some people got some good rep out of it. Allís good. :)

mildadhd
05-05-11, 02:16 AM
ADDFers
Before I find out how my brothers and sisters got along while I was gone.
I just want to tell you gals what I was up to!!!

So I was hitch hiking after I got my strip search and the rep points at the border.

And guess who picked me up?

Crew Darey from the Price Is Right.

He was on his way to do a show in Vancouver.

Oh Boy did we get along good.

He was a real nice guy, we discussed the value of rep points, and also the freedom to experiment among other topics.

(I'm sorry if the influence of watching the Gandhi Movie 137 times had an influence on the testing of animals, (my thinking has interfered with the experiment)
For this I am sorry,)

(Back to the story),We had a blast.

I got a ticket to the show.

Contestants row was nerve racking.

I felt like a ***** when I did the one dollar higher thing to that old lady.

Then I won Plico (one of the hardest games)

Then the dollar wheel for the showcase showdown.

Falling into the giant wheel head first was quit embarrassing , (going for the big spin.)
Its amazing how that thing just pulled me under,over and around.

After the paramedics, pulled me out from under the wheel.

I made it all the way to the show-case show down where I won both show-cases.

I won a trip around the world!!!
My own plane.

A new car, truck and jeep.
And a years worth of fried chicken and laundry detergent.

So anyway I'm in France right now and I'm not sure where we are going next.
It was funny, because Drew and I got along so good, he decided to cancel all the rest of the shows until next year and come with me.
(he was also a little nervous about an obsessive fan of 20 years who said she she was going to his show for her 30 th birthday).

My time on this public computer is almost up,
I will have to read all the posts I missed another time.

I hope everything is good at ADDF

I've been thinking that maybe all those rep points aren't as important as everybodies friendship.
But I don't blame the points system, Its help me make some new friends, along with some good old ones.

I will be in touch when ever I come across a public computer.

Bonjour Love GB

peripatetic
05-05-11, 02:30 AM
aha! now i remember the downside of wantonly giving out rep...inevitably, shortly after doing so, the person writes something i desperately want to "rep" and i "must spread reputation around before giving to that user again":(

all's not lost, however, as i can tell you how fantastic you are in a post just for you:)

fh...g...things
upon reading your post
if hearts were capable (and i weren't tone deaf)
i'd say that mine sings

what i *can* say and which i know to be true
you're a delightful, insightful compassionate friend
thus, though a poet i'm not
i wrote this rhyme just for you:D

i vote you and drew swing over to england and visit doi next. please also remind him to get his **** back on playstation as he has some mario kart games to lose:p

x...questions

Bluerose
05-05-11, 06:36 AM
I've been thinking that maybe all those rep points aren't as important as everybodies friendship.
But I don't blame the points system, Its help me make some new friends, along with some good old ones.

Well said. :)

And well done everyone.

Lunacie
05-05-11, 09:12 AM
It's all in good fun, Lunacie. My point of view is that we so often forget to give rep points where they are deserved that this kind of makes up for it. In my humble opinion, everyone who's on this thread is deserving of rep points, but may not always be receiving credit where credit is due. Just my possibly lame justification. :D

That's a reason I can understand - not one I would use myself, but can respect another person having. Thank you for explaining that.

seriously, i was just offering my perspective on the off chance it'd be useful and not setting out to differentiate nuances of hurt versus dislike and so forth. if someone found my thoughts and experiences useful, great; if not, that's great too. ultimately, i considered continuing to engage by puzzling out this side topic to fh's thread and have come to the conclusion that i'm not invested enough. upshot: i posted in earnest offering my thoughts and if they weren't helpful, i hope others' were.

Of course it's not something you feel you need to differentiate - but for me I still wonder why a post that looked lighthearted to me seemed to be expressing a world of hurt to others - while my heartfelt post didn't get the same kind of response. Well, I haven't gotten an explanation that makes sense to me in 60 years, and I may never, but I still have hope that someday - something will click in my strangely wired brain.

It was a good experiment and it was fun and some people got some good rep out of it. Allís good. :)

I thought the part where one person got some neg rep out of it was actually a better experiment and more fun. (... unless that's the part you're talking about ... I really am confuzzled ...)

aha! now i remember the downside of wantonly giving out rep...inevitably, shortly after doing so, the person writes something i desperately want to "rep" and i "must spread reputation around before giving to that user again":(

all's not lost, however, as i can tell you how fantastic you are in a post just for you:)

Now that you mention it ... that's another reason I don't like giving out rep points just because there's a begging thread - I have enough trouble being able to give rep for a good reason because it needs to be spread around. It would only complicate it for me even more.

peripatetic
05-05-11, 09:43 AM
Of course it's not something you feel you need to differentiate - but for me I still wonder why a post that looked lighthearted to me seemed to be expressing a world of hurt to others - while my heartfelt post didn't get the same kind of response. Well, I haven't gotten an explanation that makes sense to me in 60 years, and I may never, but I still have hope that someday - something will click in my strangely wired brain.

ok...i *do* understand wanting to understand and because you sound quite sincere, i looked over the posts in an effort to see why i, just me...i can't say why others saw things as they did, took your post as registering disagreement, but not as troubled (that's not the ideal word...but it's the best i can come up with at this particular moment) by parts of the game as fh.

here's the post i recalled you making and upon which i based my perception that you didn't agree with the game, but weren't especially upset by it either:

in the first portion i think you state a worthwhile consideration, but it doesn't read to me that you're emotionally invested...just giving your opinion. the second portion, with the "whatever" and the eye-rolling smilie, i don't really know what to make of. i can't tell if you really don't care whether you receive red points and, thus, say "whatever", although that's what's written. my only hesitation at taking it at face value was it seemed in direct opposition to the first portion given that there you'd said that you take rep points seriously. because seemingly contradictory, i also entertained the possibility you were being somehow dismissive or assuming the worst of others and would, out of spite or something:confused:, receive red points just for stating your position.

ultimately, it was easiest to go with my usual default of reading it literally and that you really didn't care if you got a bunch of red points for stating your opinion, but you were registering it anyway. in other words, it did not seem to me that you were particularly invested, but that you were just going on record as disagreeing and saying why...but that you really didn't care.

in contrast while, yes, in that first post i saw fh being a bit tongue in cheek, he posted multiple times saying that he'd not intended the game to include giving out negative reputation and was opposed to that happening.

i hope that offers some clarification of the difference i saw.

Lunacie
05-05-11, 09:59 AM
ok...i *do* understand wanting to understand and because you sound quite sincere, i looked over the posts in an effort to see why i, just me...i can't say why others saw things as they did, took your post as registering disagreement, but not as troubled (that's not the ideal word...but it's the best i can come up with at this particular moment) by parts of the game as fh.

here's the post i recalled you making and upon which i based my perception that you didn't agree with the game, but weren't especially upset by it either:

in the first portion i think you state a worthwhile consideration, but it doesn't read to me that you're emotionally invested...just giving your opinion. the second portion, with the "whatever" and the eye-rolling smilie, i don't really know what to make of. i can't tell if you really don't care whether you receive red points and, thus, say "whatever", although that's what's written. my only hesitation at taking it at face value was it seemed in direct opposition to the first portion given that there you'd said that you take rep points seriously. because seemingly contradictory, i also entertained the possibility you were being somehow dismissive or assuming the worst of others and would, out of spite or something:confused:, receive red points just for stating your position.

ultimately, it was easiest to go with my usual default of reading it literally and that you really didn't care if you got a bunch of red points for stating your opinion, but you were registering it anyway. in other words, it did not seem to me that you were particularly invested, but that you were just going on record as disagreeing and saying why...but that you really didn't care.

in contrast while, yes, in that first post i saw fh being a bit tongue in cheek, he posted multiple times saying that he'd not intended the game to include giving out negative reputation and was opposed to that happening.

i hope that offers some clarification of the difference i saw.

I can see how it looks confusing when you're not inside my head. Sometimes it gets confusing inside here too.

I didn't see multiple posts by fh about not wanting the game to be about negative reps. I only saw the one I mentioned where he seemed to be joking.

Wow, perceptions can be soooo different when all we have to go on is the written word, eh?

Mesaana
05-05-11, 11:04 AM
man, i guess fortunes, livers and kidneys just aren't that popular... i still got a kidney, two lungs, and an infinite amount of fortunes, if anybody is interested!!!!!! :p

Abi
05-05-11, 07:32 PM
The floors are open.

Let the trading begin.

mildadhd
05-06-11, 12:11 AM
The floors are open.

Let the trading begin.

Hi Itcomdata

I'm GB's Friend.
He only had one call.
Seems he got into some trouble.
I don't know where he was going.
All I understood is that he was flying from Amsterdam.
I am not sure what the issues are.
When he called, he gave the information to contact the ADDF and go to the Rep Traders Post.
And give out all of todays shipment of rep points.
So I did.
He said tell everybody that he loved them very much.
And thanked Itcomdata for opening the trading floor.

Jim

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-06-11, 01:58 AM
Fellas,

Please stop repping me. I don't like this game. It was a cute idea that I thought might die off quickly, but it hasn't. I only want rep when it is deserved. A flood of little green boxes that have been given to me for no reason means nothing to me. Thank you for discontinuing my involvement in the fun.

Carry on. :cool:

pooka
05-06-11, 02:04 AM
BouCoup, you've been a killjoy recently. First the hottest member thread and now this?
Kidding of course, you're entitled to your opinion. I haven't repped you I don't think, and y'all need to respect BouCoup's wishes! Trust me! He nearly hijacked my robot love (NEARLY!) I gotta bow down to that.

peripatetic
05-06-11, 02:04 AM
Fellas,

Please stop repping me. I don't like this game. It was a cute idea that I thought might die off quickly, but it hasn't. I only want rep when it is deserved. A flood of little green boxes that have been given to me for no reason means nothing to me. Thank you for discontinuing my involvement in the fun.

Carry on. :cool:

i appreciate that you made your wishes clear and will certainly respect them:)

BouCoupDinkyDau
05-06-11, 02:15 AM
BouCoup, you've been a killjoy recently. First the hottest member thread and now this?
Kidding of course, you're entitled to your opinion. I haven't repped you I don't think, and y'all need to respect BouCoup's wishes! Trust me! He nearly hijacked my robot love (NEARLY!) I gotta bow down to that.

I've been in a sh*tty mood the past few weeks. I threw a tantrum in here about a week-and-a-half-ago as well.

I feel pretty alone right now...disconnected. I think I'm trying to pick fights just so I can stir something up in myself besides fear and self-loathing. You know that dull kinda unfocus most of us ADDers go through sometimes? Well, mine's been going on for several weeks now. I can't seem to fully engage in anything or make any kind of serious emotional connections with anyone. I feel like a junkie that doesn't have anything to shoot up. There's a lot of turmoil in me right now and I can't seem to give it any kind of direction.

Anyways, thanks for taking me out of this game.

fletcherface
05-06-11, 03:55 AM
I've been in a sh*tty mood the past few weeks. I threw a tantrum in here about a week-and-a-half-ago as well.

I feel pretty alone right now...disconnected. I think I'm trying to pick fights just so I can stir something up in myself besides fear and self-loathing. You know that dull kinda unfocus most of us ADDers go through sometimes? Well, mine's been going on for several weeks now. I can't seem to fully engage in anything or make any kind of serious emotional connections with anyone. I feel like a junkie that doesn't have anything to shoot up. There's a lot of turmoil in me right now and I can't seem to give it any kind of direction.

I know what you mean. Want me to give you some negative rep points to even it out? Hehe. I'm kidding, I promise. :D

I'm sorry I gave you rep a couple days ago though...:(

mildadhd
05-06-11, 11:33 AM

BouCoupDinkyDau

Very good post.

so I can stir something up in myself besides fear and self-loathing.

I can relate.
Before medication , When I was younger, I would have my best focus when I was angry, usually if my parents gave me heck.

I think the anger was used as a stimulant, the problem was I don't stay angry for long. So I lost my focus.
Anger as a stimulant was not consistent for me , but was a stimulant to me.

I have been wondering about the "Rep Points Trader" being abusive and not using it for its real purpose.
But I keep seeing both sides of the coin and can't decide.

Thanks for your input, I won't rep you anymore, but I think you really deserve one for this post.

I can really relate to your post.

Thanks GB

Andi
05-06-11, 05:49 PM
I don't know if the membership understands the impact for abusing the rep system. I appreciate the desire to boost reputation and show appreciation but please understand that all points are reviewed and honestly, you just made my job unnecessarily more difficult. As Boucoup has pointed out, when you abuse the system it begins to lose meaning. Are you giving someone rep because they deserve it or just because? I would appreciate all using the system in the spirit that it is intended to provide positive or constructive feedback for content. Nothing I hate more than handing out warnings and infractions for reputation system abuse.

Lunacie
05-06-11, 06:14 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7EVK0TKPKITY3dDAwNWyMf0VkEHKg9 DSIELm5BKAa2g_IV_-Y8mMZmlcy

Shoes for Andi to make her job easier. ;)

shysmile
05-06-11, 06:32 PM
I don't know if the membership understands the impact for abusing the rep system. I appreciate the desire to boost reputation and show appreciation but please understand that all points are reviewed and honestly, you just made my job unnecessarily more difficult. As Boucoup has pointed out, when you abuse the system it begins to lose meaning. Are you giving someone rep because they deserve it or just because? I would appreciate all using the system in the spirit that it is intended to provide positive or constructive feedback for content. Nothing I hate more than handing out warnings and infractions for reputation system abuse.

I had no idea the rep points were reviewed by anyone this whole time, I thought just we were responsible for what we do. Sorry Andi. :o:o:o:o:o

Abi
05-06-11, 07:01 PM
Yeah, sorry Andi :o

---

btw, did you get my PM? :o :D

BR549
05-06-11, 07:30 PM
Sorry, Andi:o