View Full Version : Extreme weight loss in Bulimic while introducing more calories. Scared!

ClueMeIn
05-02-11, 10:05 PM
I have been bulimic for 10 years. Today there is a great less deal of binging as just purging regular meals in order to maintain a steady weight. Interestingly enough it is the same weight that I started at before I became bulimic. What a waste!

I have been taking 10 mg of Adderall IR for the last five years for ADD. It has helped to somewhat control my bulimia. Where I used to purge absolutely every meal, for the last two years I was able to start eating and keeping down breakfast. For the last four months or so I began trying to add in calories during the afternoon. Things such as low-fat cheese and vegetables. But still, I continued to binge at night and would always purge.

About 2 months ago I completely stopped smoking marijuana, which I did on an extremely regular basis. It was on nights and weekends that I would binge and purge and since I've stopped smoking the huge binging has mainly stopped as well.

Now for my real concern and I apologize for taking so long to get to it. About a month and a half ago I was prescribed 20 mg of Adderall XR. Works fine, I have no complaints. HOWEVER, I've had a sudden extreme weight loss without trying. I've lost about 11 or 12 pounds in this month all while steadily increasing the amount of calories I take in. I'm starting to get really scared because I know Adderall weight loss is due to a decreased appetite, and should not be occurring when someone is eating more then they generally do.

Bulimics generally gain weight quickly when they start to eat regularly again, as I'm sure many know. I was slowly trying to ease my body into accepting more calories, but I am clueless as to why weight would be dropping off when I continually introduce more and more. I have not begun exercising in any additional way either. True, I have begun eating MUCH healthier food then when I was Binging and Purging, stopped major binges, and have cleaned up a lot of my bad behavior in recent months. But I'm still clueless as to why the weight would just be falling off like this. I am at a major crossroads in my life and have very stressful events ahead of me and I am feeling even more stress with this sudden weight loss. I am fearful that there is a serious underlying cause but the weight loss occurred at the same exact time as I began the 20 mg of Adderall.

I plead for anyone's insight into this matter. Thank you so much for your time if you managed to get through all of this.