View Full Version : Seroquel irritability?

GiGi3
05-03-11, 03:10 PM
I take Seroquel at night and sleep great. I take Adderall XR in the morning and it helps with the hungover feeling from the Seroquel.

I am wondering if the irritability I am feeling in the morning is from the hungover feeling of the Seroquel? Or is the Seroquel depleting my serotonin?

Anyone else feel a little irritable from Seroquel?

babidi
05-04-11, 11:52 AM
I take Seroquel at night and sleep great. I take Adderall XR in the morning and it helps with the hungover feeling from the Seroquel.

I am wondering if the irritability I am feeling in the morning is from the hungover feeling of the Seroquel? Or is the Seroquel depleting my serotonin?

Anyone else feel a little irritable from Seroquel?

How much do you take at night for Seroquel? Is it for insomnia/sleep?

GiGi3
05-04-11, 11:56 AM
I take 50mg of Seroquel at night. If I take it an hour or two before bed I sleep like a log.

I wonder if the Adderall is bad to take with the Seroquel?
I find the Adderall really helps the daytime fatigue.

babidi
05-04-11, 06:50 PM
I take 50mg of Seroquel at night. If I take it an hour or two before bed I sleep like a log.

I take Seroquel and Dexedrine (which is similar to Adderall). Not bad for me.

How long have you been taking the Seroquel?

What other meds do you take (what doses)?

GiGi3
05-05-11, 12:23 PM
I take a tiny dose of Adderall XR (5mg) in the morning. In the evening I take 1mg of Klonopin and about an hour or two before bed I take 50mg of Seroquel. I think the small dose of Adderall combats the fatigue from the Seroquel.

I sleep great and so far, so good.

What about you?

babidi
05-07-11, 05:28 AM
I take a tiny dose of Adderall XR (5mg) in the morning. In the evening I take 1mg of Klonopin and about an hour or two before bed I take 50mg of Seroquel. I think the small dose of Adderall combats the fatigue from the Seroquel.

I sleep great and so far, so good.

What about you?

Sleep's been great for me as well.

How long have you been taking Seroquel?

gnbeg
05-11-11, 11:50 PM

I take seroquel for sleep and bipolar depression. I take from 200 - 400mg. Pdoc wants me on at least 300mg for depression. I'm a little worried that I'm developing resistance.

50mg really isn't that much. So if your irritability is related to depression the seroquel isn't helping. I guess the adderall could be causing it. I get grumpy when don't take it.

Could it be that you simply aren't a morning person? :)

Scooter77
05-12-11, 04:57 AM
Actually I'm in the same boat, I take 25mg seroquel at night to sleep & I take concerta during the day. I also find I'm more irritable, especially in the morning. I've been on the seroquel for about 6 weeks.

babidi
05-13-11, 06:13 AM
I take seroquel for sleep and bipolar depression. I take from 200 - 400mg. Pdoc wants me on at least 300mg for depression. I'm a little worried that I'm developing resistance.

50mg really isn't that much. So if your irritability is related to depression the seroquel isn't helping. I guess the adderall could be causing it. I get grumpy when don't take it.

Could it be that you simply aren't a morning person? :)

Seroquel works differently at different doses, according to this article:

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2007/07/the_most_important_article_on.html