View Full Version : Another chance to slam Labrat for SCIENCE!

Possum
05-04-11, 08:28 PM
(if it's OK with the mods of course)

Since interest has been expressed in continuing the negative rep points experiment, I am starting a new thread for the purpose of seeing just how many red squares Labrat can accumulate.

Remember, you are supposed to HATE Labrat on this thread! Don't even thank her for ANYTHING!

Also, to sweeten the deal, here's a double reverse twist of the original game: Labrat's alter ego will give positive rep points to everyone who posts in this thread to clobber Labrat.

I am starting with -61 rep points. Let's see just how low I can sink!

Please tell me the techniques you guys use to get prescriptions. My dealer can only sell me 100mg adderall/day, and I need twice that amount!

I am here from the "Druggies R Us" board and I want to know about dosages to get high.

I don't see why you guys can't just use a little will power like everyone else.

Jeez, do you always have to leave the room about 8 times during a lecture? Do you know how disruptive that is?

Pay attention when I'm talking to you!

You lost your keys AGAIN? What's WRONG with you?

That should get the ball rolling!

Yours,
Labrat ;)

Blueranne
05-04-11, 08:30 PM
And should we stop thanking you also?

pooka
05-04-11, 08:31 PM
In the name of unravelling the mysterious intricacies of the rep system! For knowledge and understanding for all!

tipoo
05-04-11, 08:32 PM
Negative rep science.
We do what we must because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there’s no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.

And should we stop thanking you also?

Yeah. Still not sure if it goes towards the squares, but just in case.

BR549
As long as the mods (I love that word "mod"-It's a mod, mod world, I'm mod, I tell you, MOD! But I digress...) don't care-- here you go :mad: I even gave you an angry face to set the tone.

BTW, are we supposed to be bashing your posts about your comments? I'm not sure how this works.

pooka
Awww man. I gotta spread some Rep around before I come back to you. Sorry :(

tipoo
05-04-11, 08:35 PM
BTW, are we supposed to be bashing your posts about your comments? I'm not sure how this works.

Not sure if you saw the other thread, but we're trying to see if you can get more than one red square, and after that the glowing red squares, like the green ones. So neg rep noobie if you haven't.

Blueranne
05-04-11, 08:36 PM
I fear NO mod..... except for mctavish23! ;) What is he anyway?

Possum
05-04-11, 08:39 PM
As long as the mods (I love that word "mod"-It's a mod, mod world, I'm mod, I tell you, MOD! But I digress...) don't care-- here you go :mad: I even gave you an angry face to set the tone.

Bash me, baby! That way my partner in crime will know who to give the positive reps to in exchange.

Also, please don't thank me. I'm genetically engineered to be rotten to the core! :eek:

Blueranne
05-04-11, 08:41 PM
Oooo, I want to thank you just because it feels so good to be bad!

tipoo
05-04-11, 08:44 PM
Oooo, I want to thank you just because it feels so good to be bad!

You are interfering with science, lady!

But seriously, does anyone know if thanks go towards squares? Or is it just the rep?

Possum
05-04-11, 08:54 PM
I have given positive reps to all you bad to the bone posters that I can. I, too, must wait for the next shipment of reps to arrive, but be assured you ALL will be rewarded for your efforts.

I gave this thread a "terrible" rating and that produced a star for it. How weird is that?

PS I don't understand the "thanks" system but it's best to take no chances - it might skew the results and then our experiment couldn't be written up in the esteemed Journal of Irreproducible Results!

Sandy4957
05-04-11, 08:55 PM
I'm impressed that you figured out how to set up an "alter ego." But I can't rep. you (positive or negative). I have to spread it around. :(

Blueranne
05-04-11, 08:57 PM
ok, my "thanks" is officially removed, though not in heart.

BR549
05-04-11, 08:59 PM
I have to spread it around. :(

That sounds bad:p But so do I.

What happens if we hit the triangle to report the post. Anything negative there? I did that last time (last thread), but I didn't know if that had an affect on anything or not. Does it just go to the Mod Squad Files? To be investigated?

Possum
05-04-11, 09:04 PM
The triangle alerts mods to come sniffing around. Remember, they're probably not paying attention anyway, so let's keep it that way. Mod ignorance is bliss!

BR549
05-04-11, 09:06 PM
We need to get some Mod-Away and sprinkle it around the thread.:D

pooka
05-04-11, 09:12 PM
I was trying to spread some rep so I could add more red squares to LabRat, but I just got a little message saying that I've given away too much reputation in the last 24 hours and I need to stop. I'm getting conflicting messages, here! First I need to spread the rep, now I get a message to cease and desist? :confused:

tipoo
05-04-11, 09:20 PM
How many points now?

Possum
05-04-11, 09:27 PM

I think we're gonna have to wait for everybody's new points shipments to come in tomorrow, so I can be slammed good!

I am "infamous around these parts." ;)

shysmile
05-04-11, 11:05 PM

I think we're gonna have to wait for everybody's new points shipments to come in tomorrow, so I can be slammed good!

I am "infamous around these parts." ;)

I'd thank that post if we were allowed. :p

metzfanaz
05-04-11, 11:08 PM
You knock me off of my feet now baby...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQcyUMC3Y8X0tS-ZDzq9RLtxVdE_f2TrZQejpsqrHmvkHona0jkA&t=1

Bluerose
05-04-11, 11:56 PM
I'm impressed that you figured out how to set up an "alter ego." But I can't rep. you (positive or negative). I have to spread it around. :(

Same here.

BR549
05-04-11, 11:57 PM
Oh, Bluerose is the Mod! No Mod-Away for her!!! :)

Bluerose
05-05-11, 06:41 AM
*Oops! Tip-toe out before anyone else sees me.*

peripatetic
05-05-11, 07:00 AM
well...i already did whatever damage to labrat i could as must spread rep around according to the pop up box. my suggestion is that you get some more heavy hitters though because over fifty of those negative came from me and i know there are people whose points to give/deduct are higher than that...i'll see who i can scrounge up;)

peripatetic
05-05-11, 07:11 AM
That sounds bad:p But so do I.

What happens if we hit the triangle to report the post. Anything negative there? I did that last time (last thread), but I didn't know if that had an affect on anything or not. Does it just go to the Mod Squad Files? To be investigated?

reporting a post doesn't affect the member's reputation. i find this little experiment delightful, but the reporting system should be kept out of it:)

Possum
05-05-11, 12:31 PM
I am now at - 78! Woo Hoo!

tipoo
05-05-11, 12:38 PM
Wow, I didn't realize how much effort each square took!

*Polishes own squares proudly*

Possum
05-05-11, 12:41 PM
Gooooood morning, ADDers! I love the smell of toasted rat in the morning! Have given out all the rep points I can from the latest shipment. More to follow. Ask your friends with lots of rep to come join in the Rat roast! :D

Nifferka
05-05-11, 12:49 PM
This is the first time I've ever given negative reputation to someone. I feel ashamed. :o

Possum
05-05-11, 02:32 PM
- 83! Only -17 more points, and I'll be at -100 and maybe I'll get that second square! ADDers everywhere, HIT ME!

ginniebean
05-05-11, 02:34 PM
paper disproves labrat

BR549
05-05-11, 02:34 PM
I can't! I still have to spread it around. :( But you're doing great, er, uh, I mean BAD!:mad:

ginniebean
05-05-11, 02:35 PM
a second square on me... I need to go recover.,

BR549
05-05-11, 02:37 PM
a second square on me... I need to go recover.,
After all that shouting you just did, you must be exhausted! *high five*:D

shysmile
05-05-11, 07:07 PM
I'm all out of rep juice for the day. Have to wait before my next lab rat slamming. :p

Possum
05-05-11, 07:20 PM
My evil fame is growing. I just got a second red square! Way to go, everyone! Our friend, Possum, will reward everyone here with positive reps as soon as we get our latest rep shipment back from a gang of Somali pirates!

Oh, and my rep is now -119!

peripatetic
05-05-11, 07:33 PM
whoa! there is another square! first time i've seen that. seriously.

would positive rep you for being unique, but.....if someone was right in that other thread about each square being worth 100 for darker.;..200 for lighter...i'd end up stealing away one of your reds.

hmm....so....labrat...what's that second square worth to you? (odd that i can identify a blackmailing opportunity in giving positive reputation:p)

Nifferka
05-06-11, 02:13 PM
If you don't want to meaninglessly postitive-rep someone, what about using long term non-active members to replenish your Labrat rep-giving abilities? You know, the kind that showed up for three posts 6 years ago.

Or is that somehow stingy and wrong?

Of course, searching the forums for people who deserve the points is nice, too (and generous and good and supportive and loving and time-consuming...), since rep points probably don't get distributed as often as they should be. But I like this experiment, and I'm impatient with how long it's taking. Will the description change from "Newbie Labrat is infamous around these parts"? Will the squares get brighter? HURRY UP! I want to know!

tipoo
05-06-11, 02:14 PM
Second red square! A GREAT FEAT FOR SCIENCE

Nifferka
05-06-11, 02:18 PM
Be careful what you create...maybe Labrat will become so powerfully bad that she escapes from her cage and wreaks havoc all over the forums...

Possum
05-06-11, 02:32 PM
Count is now at -121!

Best not let me out - I feel my insane, radioactive negative rep points power growing! :eek:

peripatetic
05-06-11, 02:41 PM
you know what *would* be helpful (for me) and i go through phases of really trying to give out positive rep to great posts because i am more often in the phase of not thinking of it AT ALL: links to some suggested re-worthy posts of the day or just recent ones. i'm not kidding. in my case i'll read posts, thank, move along. then i'm sitting here and i can't for the ****ing life of me call to mind a rep-worthy post. i know damn well they're out there, but when i'm thinking rep, i either can't think of something specific standing out as my mind's just flip, flip, flipping through any picture it has of a post...or, on the off chance i can...where the hell WAS that post? when? who knows. not me.

so, anyway, in the past i've outright asked friends: what'd you see today that you found rep-worthy? get some links, rep or not, etc. i don't read every single post on here, and would be astounded if anyone did, but between a group of us, we probably see a lot. and there could be something INCREDIBLE in *at least* half the subsections and i'd never know.

so...there you go. perhaps people could link posts they thought were just amazing in posts here? there's probably a "post of the day" thread buried somewhere.... ?? of course, having said that, i'm coming up plentiful-blank....as usual:rolleyes:

Blueranne
05-06-11, 02:45 PM
Now, because I cant rep you again, I will move on and totally forget you even suggested such a good idea... toodahloo for now. :p

BR549
05-06-11, 02:51 PM
The rep gods are conspiring against me!!!! How could I have run out? Where did they go? The RATM (rep automated teller machine) has told me I have to wait-AGAIN.

Nifferka
05-06-11, 02:54 PM
That's a very good idea, peri. Can you really be given rep for it? You don't seem to have any more room for green squares...

metzfanaz
05-06-11, 03:18 PM
So...

We know that LabRat was created by a female, right?

If something unexpected were to happen, like say I lose my eyesite due to this thread....

Can I tell everyone that "She blinded me with science"?

Due to this thread being for scientific research....

BR549
05-06-11, 04:05 PM
Why, yes, yes you can!

*good heavens, miss sakamoto, you're beautiful!

I heart Thomas Dolby.

metzfanaz
05-06-11, 05:58 PM
Why, yes, yes you can!

*good heavens, miss sakamoto, you're beautiful!

I heart Thomas Dolby.

That's funny, I Thomas Dolby <3's

Lunacie
05-06-11, 06:15 PM
Love the experiment - but you might want to see what Andi (forum guru) posted on the thread for green squares. Oops.

peripatetic
05-06-11, 06:22 PM
i *am* a *******!

i just saw this post by andi: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1080419&postcount=246

i had no idea that all reputation points had to be reviewed. my participation in the rep games has piled on loads of additional work for someone whose workload is already one i'd find daunting, to say the least. i'm very sorry i created additional unecessary work for another and apologize to anyone here if my participation encouraged others' in any way.

i had a great time and appreciated the opportunity to have fun with everyone, but in light of this new information, i am removing myself from participating and ask that i not be included in the games.

cheers for understanding:)

Possum
05-07-11, 12:14 AM
I am retiring with minus 142 points to my discredit. I think I see something shiny on the horizon. Bye everyone and thanks. Although you done bad, I know you all have good hearts! ;)

tipoo
05-07-11, 12:18 AM
*Stands and solutes*

BR549
05-07-11, 12:22 AM
*sniff, sniff* +sob+ :(

EYEFORGOT
05-07-11, 02:32 PM
Thank you all for your participation for science.

We will now return you lab rats to your regularly scheduled chit chat. :)