View Full Version : Wellbutrin after 7 days

Fortune
05-06-11, 06:51 PM
150 mg SR/day, titrating up to 300 today, but haven't taken the second dose yet.

I don't really feel much different. On the first day I felt like things were a bit better, but that was probably just placebo effect.

Today, for some reason, I am cleaning. I mean I have a reason to do it, but I am more easily focusing on it than when I typically clean and have a reason to clean.

I am sure it's not really the Wellbutrin, but hopefully it'll have some effect without causing excess anxiety. I have had a mild increase in my anxiety symptoms, which have been relatively low - probably higher than most people, but low for me. Edging toward moderate now.

Abi
05-06-11, 06:57 PM
Yay for cleaning. (:

Fortune
05-06-11, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I was like, "how the heck did this happen?" Usually I catch myself not cleaning... This was like Bizarro World.

Abi
05-06-11, 07:06 PM
Keep us informed of developments.

Fortune
05-06-11, 07:11 PM
I just may!

Fortune
05-06-11, 10:40 PM
Second dosage for the day and I am well into moderate anxiety territory.

It's... well, I am so familiar with anxiety, it's not bothering me on an emotional level, but the adrenaline, heartbeat, and fluttery feeling in my chest is driving me even more insane. That is, I am hating the physical discomfort.

Abi
05-06-11, 10:42 PM
Beta blocker.

If you can deal with the emotional stuff, no need to go benzo (which may reduce efficacy of Wellbutrin)

Proplapanol. (sp?)

Fortune
05-06-11, 10:45 PM
I'm really used to dealing with incoming anxiety, although not perfect, so yeah, the emotional stuff right now isn't getting me, but I can't guarantee it won't*. I'm going back down to 150 tomorrow and talking to my PCP next week.

"Propanolol."

* This is a perfect way to kick my panic disorder back into action. :(

Abi
05-06-11, 10:50 PM
Klonis, baby, klonis :D

Fortune
05-06-11, 10:51 PM
Incidentally, I can't help but notice your name changed sometime today.

Abi
05-06-11, 10:53 PM
Yes.

The Goddess has been good to me, she has reassembled my parts and given me new life :)

Fortune
05-06-11, 11:05 PM
I think you're mixing some SF/F properties there, dude.

Or maybe crossing Star Trek: Nemesis with the Osiris myth.

The anxiety stopped spiking, at least.

Abi
05-06-11, 11:10 PM
Odd. I was watching a doccie about Ancient Egypt yesterday.

And I watched Nemesis (for like the 5th time) a few days ago.

Fortune
05-06-11, 11:13 PM
That explains everything.

Hope the documentary was good!

Fortune
05-25-11, 01:29 AM
Well, after 25 days I am approaching where I was with panic disorder years ago. After my last post, things died down for a bit with a few days with anxiety but nothing major.

Today, everything gave me anxiety, and I had an actual panic attack that lasted for a good two hours. Yeah, no. Seeing my PCP on Friday.

Also, I haven't felt any change in my ability to focus/control my attention. I have noticed my sensory issues seem to be lessened a bit.

anonymouslyadd
05-25-11, 01:34 AM
The Wellbutrin gave me a euphoric type experience the first night and also some anxiety. I was in such an incredible mood though, and I was able to focus very well.

That all tapered off. I'm able to stave off long depressive times with it's help. I'm a much happier person with it.

Fortune
05-25-11, 01:39 AM
The Wellbutrin gave me a euphoric type experience the first night and also some anxiety. I was in such an incredible mood though, and I was able to focus very well.

That all tapered off. I'm able to stave off long depressive times with it's help. I'm a much happier person with it.

Aside from the first day, my focus has been as it's always been.

I'm not currently depressed, so I can't tell if it's affecting that.

I think my dosage is too high, honestly. I tend to have bad reactions to anti-depressants in general. I'd hoped Wellbutrin would be different, but doesn't seem so.

anonymouslyadd
05-25-11, 01:47 AM
I've had moments on it (300mg) when I was leaning towards a depressed state. I was able to turn the wheel around on that one without much effort.

It was a lot of work for me to keep my mood up when I wasn't taking it. It's truly been a blessing to me.

I hope you can get something to work for you.

Fortune
05-25-11, 01:50 AM
I had some depressed thoughts the other day, but those were related to my inability to convince myself that ~someone~ is wrong about the possibility of me having yet another disabling condition.

No one online, though. In real life. Who lives with me. And has the same condition. Otherwise, my depression left the building months ago. Not to say it won't come back.

anonymouslyadd
05-25-11, 01:53 AM
I had some depressed thoughts the other day, but those were related to my inability to convince myself that ~someone~ is wrong about the possibility of me having yet another disabling condition.

No one online, though. In real life. Who lives with me. And has the same condition. Otherwise, my depression left the building months ago. Not to say it won't come back.

True. I'm not positive on this one, but I think when you have a depressed time, you are more likely to have another one. I know this all too well. That's why I'm not gonna get off Wellbutrin ever. It's made so much of a difference in my life.

It irks me when I can't convince someone.

Fortune
05-25-11, 01:57 AM
True. I'm not positive on this one, but I think when you have a depressed time, you are more likely to have another one. I know this all too well. That's why I'm not gonna get off Wellbutrin ever. It's made so much of a difference in my life.

It irks me when I can't convince someone.

Well, I expect it to come back, but I am not sure that Wellbutrin at 300 mg/day is right for me. I can't function with two hour panic attacks out of the blue.

My point was that I cannot tell whether or not this is affecting my depression because I currently have no depression. Not that I never will again.

anonymouslyadd
05-25-11, 02:02 AM
Well, I expect it to come back, but I am not sure that Wellbutrin at 300 mg/day is right for me. I can't function with two hour panic attacks out of the blue.

My point was that I cannot tell whether or not this is affecting my depression because I currently have no depression. Not that I never will again.

Yea, I got that. Why did you begin it?

Yea, two hour panic attacks are terrible.

Fortune
05-25-11, 02:18 AM
I was prescribed it to treat ADHD. I was dubious but there's a resistance to prescribing stimulants, and my PCP seemed to believe they were horrible things.

anonymouslyadd
05-25-11, 02:32 AM
I was prescribed it to treat ADHD. I was dubious but there's a resistance to prescribing stimulants, and my PCP seemed to believe they were horrible things.

Yea, it's supposed to help with focus. I'm not sure about that one in terms of my experience.

Stimulants are horrible huh? What's the matter with these docs?

Fortune
05-25-11, 02:49 AM
I do not know. I heard about these horrible risks, and I'm like "Actually, I read research that you can get good results out of Ritalin with 5 mg/dose."

I'll bring that up this Friday.

I have heard good results with Wellbutrin + stimulants, and I am willing to give a lower dose a try and see if it has any results.

Abi
05-27-11, 02:48 AM
I'm on Day 5 myself. And day 1 at 300 mg.

No effects so far AT ALL.

Fortune
05-27-11, 02:52 AM
I have been on 150 since my last post. I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow and hopefully get something for the anxiety.

Long time no Abi, btw. Glad to see you here.

Abi
05-27-11, 03:05 AM
Good to c u too :P

Wonder if I'll start getting panicky today, being my 1st day at 300...

Hopefully not, the kloni's flow in my veins :P

Fortune
05-27-11, 03:52 AM
You are probably safe from panic. I had a combination of anxiety-inducing events with an apparently lowered threshold for anxiety. Just a ton of stuff this week.

Fortune
05-27-11, 09:15 PM
Switching to Ritalin. I wanted to try a low dose of Ritalin with a low dose of Wellbutrin, but my PCP was not down with that.

If this works out, though, I will bring it up again because Wellbutrin helps with my ability to be in brightly lit, crowded, noisy public places.