View Full Version : Lottery Stress Syndrome?

mapster2
05-11-11, 08:38 AM
Lottery Stress Syndrome, Caffeine Disorder, Tax Anxiety Syndrome...

I'm not making these up, they're actually listed in the DSM as mental disorders! Anyone got one? What other ones you think the shrinks can dream up to sell drugs for?

sighduck
05-11-11, 09:44 AM
can you give me the codes for those in the DSM-IV,as I would love to see them for myself?

dsvlil1
05-11-11, 09:46 AM
I think there's a new one called forum-itis

It describes people who willfully post on forums to be inflamatory

Maybe I can pitch a medication to one of the drug companies that incorporates the wisdom of the likes of Brown, Barkley, Hallowell etc in pill format.

I can think of a few people I'd like to swallow that pill.

Who am I kidding, it's going to have to go in the water supply.

Lunacie
05-11-11, 10:03 AM
can you give me the codes for those in the DSM-IV,as I would love to see them for myself?

I would also like to see that.

I rather suspect that in the rare cases where such things are part of a diagnosis, they are not listed separately by those names but fall under a diagnosis such as anxiety disorder and drug abuse/addiction.

EYEFORGOT
05-11-11, 01:36 PM
Moved to fun & games.
While I'm sure the DSM-IV codes are an interesting and light read, I would rather we include our own...

DSM-ADDF-2011:

Fun & Games Addiction: The ability to play in this section long past when we've visited the "Say Goodnight" thread and answer the Word Association and 5 Word Story until we're the only one left and are answering ourselves.

puddlediver
05-11-11, 01:40 PM
mapster knows all about the DSM! he even got his copy signed by the chairman of the APA!:D

Xility
05-11-11, 01:45 PM
I love this Fun & Games forum, it leaves me with restless F5 syndrom :p

tinywiney
05-11-11, 01:54 PM
I suffer from Compulsive Acronym Syndrome.

Lunacie
05-11-11, 02:00 PM
Lottery Stress Syndrome, Caffeine Disorder, Tax Anxiety Syndrome...

I'm not making these up, they're actually listed in the DSM as mental disorders! Anyone got one? What other ones you think the shrinks can dream up to sell drugs for?

Well, I've heard they were going to include one called Alien Belief Syndrome. Unfortunately the people who have this diagnosis would rather spend their money on training through schools of science fiction than on taking medication to manage their symptoms. So far, research indicates the training method has shown no success.

ginniebean
05-11-11, 02:08 PM
You're not making it up but you are parroting someone who did make it up. If you'd bother to take the time to source out YOUR ridiculous sources you'd see that it was discussed on where pathological gambling would be classified.

It's a question of should it be in the ALREADY EXISTING category of addiction or the ALREADY existing category of "impulse control"

Which can be found within other diagnosis ALREADY EXISTING!

I highlighted the way in which your source LIED about the conversation had about the DSM and did so to STIR UP FOOLS who will believe ANYTHING.

just saying..

ginniebean
05-11-11, 02:09 PM
Is gullibility to scientology whoppers a syndrome?

tinywiney
05-11-11, 02:19 PM
Is gullibility to scientology whoppers a syndrome?

This is "TCS" - Tom Cruise Syndrome

sighduck
05-11-11, 03:00 PM
theres also denialism, it is something commonly exhibited by scientologists...

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mental_illness_denial

metzfanaz
05-11-11, 03:14 PM
In school we had Senioritis, the fact that you just want to GTFO of HS already. :)