View Full Version : Vyvanse,, Driving,, Drug Test...

WhatNow
05-13-11, 09:19 PM
I will be starting on Vyvanse,, Will it dialate my eyes,, What if a police wants a blood test ?

Should a person carry a copy of prescription with them ?

Will Vyvanse show as Methamphetamine on a urine test ?

Thanks, just needing to know what to expect, & how to handle such ocassions should they arise .....

WhatNow
05-15-11, 11:57 PM
HELLO,,,,,,,,
Surely someone has a clue about this ...............

addtention
05-16-11, 12:14 AM
It might make your eyes dilate slightly but this is low dose amphetamine not grams of meth. I've been pulled over twice police never suspected anything. If your nervous carry your prescription with you the insert in your wallet or purse.

You just have to explain calmly if it shows up in amphetamine drug test.

Trooper Keith
05-16-11, 11:08 AM
You're being a tad paranoid. Police don't order a drug test based on dilated eyes alone, first of all, because drug tests cost money. As for it showing up, not a big deal if you have a prescription.

Just be sure that if you are carrying a pill with you, that you're carrying it in a marked prescription bottle. Carrying around unmarked pills is asking for trouble.

tambourine-man
05-16-11, 11:24 AM
No, it will not show up as methamphetamine. It will show up as amphetamine on the preliminary dip-stick urinary screening and dextroamphetamine, specifically, on the lab test.
I do warn you again, whatnow, that if you don't feel you could take Adderall without the relapse trigger I believe you will have a very difficult time with Vyvanse. Not saying you can't do it, because I'm managing very well and if I can, anybody can.
However, what exactly are you expecting from the Vyvanse?

Let me put it this way. Why did you use meth? If you used it for increased motivation, mood-lift, focus and confidence you could run into trouble with Vyvanse as these are a part of the Vyvanse buzz (yes, I said buzz). However, like me, you could find a very low dose completely replaces your desire for meth and relieves both your ADD and meth-induced anhedonia.
If you you meth for the tweak (i.e. you were just geeter boy staying up for days, taking things apart, drawing, picking, fiddling, cleaning... YOU know what I'm talking about, man) Vyvanse shouldn't be too problematic as the lack of l-amp reduces SOME of the energizing effects and makes Vyvanse a primarily mental drug.
Also, if you administered meth via insufflation, injection or inhalation Vyvanse could be a great cantidate as well. The delayed onset seem to create a mental disconnect between you and the pill, so that your confidence and focus seem more natural and you don't chase it.
I'm seven months clean and I can handle Adderall boosters now, but it took the Vyvanse to get me there. Vyvanse could be a real winner for you but please be cautious.

Also, as an addict, you may have a lot of questions when you first start that you may not want to ask the entire group. Please, please, please feel free to p.m. me. I have a wonderful life and meds have helped me tremendously. If I can offer any help or support by answering questions about my own experience please let me know.

tambourine-man
05-17-11, 11:42 AM
Whatnow, have you gotten your script? I'd like to hear from you as this is a problem that few people on this board face but there is strength in numbers.
If you are like me, Vyvanse could truly turn your life around but it MUST be respected and handled just right. Does your doc know you are a recovering addict?
Perhaps you'd prefer I stay out of your business, but I doubt it as you did post here. This is a topic that is very dear to my heart and if your interested and could share my story in greater detail. My heart goes out to all those who have been devastated due to self-medicating an undiagnosed mental illness as I have experienced the hell on earth of dual diagnosis (addiction + mental illness) and would give anything to see one less person suffer through the terrifying hopelessness, guilt, humiliation and sheer psycological anguish I experienced. Addiction is hell. Meth addiction is life in hell as the the favorite chew toy of Satan's three headed pitbull. If you haven't been there you can never know and your judgements will only echo in empty space.
I think I will p.m. this to you as well. I understand if you don't want to discuss it over the boards.

tambourine-man
05-17-11, 01:31 PM
Ha ha. Simple posession of ten keys of cocaine/heroin with intent to sell?! Warlord, you're my favorite!

tambourine-man
05-18-11, 02:53 PM
If the officer asks why your pupils are dilated say, "The shrooms must be kickin' in. But don't worry, I'm the King of England. I invented police and I pay your salary. That'll do pig. That'll do... Oh, you want a Vyvanse?"