View Full Version : how fast does xanax work for you?

sarahsweets
05-19-11, 01:59 PM
I am prescribed it for various reasons to be taken as needed at a low dose. How fast does it work? I hear some get relief in 15 min and for me its like 2 hours and its very mild relief. It has a short half life but that short seems a bit much. What about you?

Blueranne
05-19-11, 02:02 PM
half an hour for me.

Macavity224
05-19-11, 08:22 PM
Anywhere from 10-30 minutes. It's hard to tell, because the actual act of taking a Xanax (or any benzo for that matter) is enough to calm me down a tiny bit. Kind of like knowing relief is on the way, I guess.

buddy
05-20-11, 05:59 PM
It takes anywhere from 15-30mins. for it to start helping me.It seems to work best when I need it the most.

Rebelyell
05-20-11, 09:10 PM
I have this too but I dont know what it will do to me?I dont wanna be sleeping all day or be like jelly or zombyfied.

Macavity224
05-20-11, 10:09 PM
I have this too but I dont know what it will do to me?I dont wanna be sleeping all day or be like jelly or zombyfied.

What dosage are you prescribed?

Rebelyell
05-20-11, 10:15 PM
Not sure I got like 5 bottles sitting around I refuse to take it and be an addicted dopehead,Im dopey enough w out meds.I get panic attacks and I sleep for squatilla so I have x amount of bottles of ambien.Ive read this stuff is highly addictive.Ive never had an addiction or monkey on my back I love to keep it tha tway.

Macavity224
05-20-11, 10:58 PM
It definitely is habit forming and tolerance builds VERY fast, but if you only take it when you have a legitimate panic attack, you should be alright.

FranticFrummie
08-09-11, 02:13 AM
Xanax takes about 30 minutes for me. I only use it in an absolute emergency, or if I've had trouble sleeping for a week straight and I really NEED to crash out. I think I've had the same bottle of 60 pills for two years now, and it's probably not even halfway gone.

It really is a lovely drug, and I could easily get addicted to it if I wanted to. Fortunately, BTDT with other substances, so I have enough fear of withdrawal to keep me straight.

I have a very sensitive system, so I break mine down into quarters - just enough to get the panic under control. Anything more than that makes me sleepy, giddy and just plain silly. I can get that with a glass of wine! LOL :D