View Full Version : Is Desoxyn overrated?

mattskate19
05-20-11, 10:40 PM
I've heard soo many things about it but when my doctor looked up studies on it. It just kept showing a bunch of dangerous side effects.
So instead he his sending me to a behavior and coginitve i think experts (they deal with AD/HD, bipolar disorders, depression, things like that)

Soo are the good things I always hear about Desoxyn over rated or is it truely a dangerous AD/HD medication?

Trooper Keith
05-20-11, 10:56 PM
It's not particularly dangerous, but it's not some panacea, either.

JR1973
05-20-11, 11:13 PM
I can't ever recall finding any recent studies on Desoxyn (on medscape.com). Anyways Desoxyn has been around since the 1950s and is plenty safe.

relax21
05-21-11, 11:34 AM
The dangerous side effects your doctor is referring to do not occur at safe; low doses of Desoxyn. Obviously, with any medication there is the risk of side effects, some rare, dependent on the individual response. But for the majority of people on a therapeutic dose there shouldn't be terrible adverse effects.

I assume your doctor has information on "methamphetamine abuse" not clinical use.

tambourine-man
05-22-11, 02:52 AM
Never tried the pharmaceutical stuff but I wouldn't bother. I can't imagine it ould be worth all the trouble.

street
07-19-11, 11:59 PM
When I say desoxyn is the ****, I mean it. I don't know how it feels for a person without ADD, but for me, it feels like I'm normal and myself. It gets rid of all the clutter in my brain and I can actually focus and do something.

Addy, Rit, Dex, etc were all failures and I've tried them all in the past. My worst fear when taking these in the past was always questioning: "So when does this **** stop working?" as I developed resistance to the drugs pretty fast and it stopped working the way it should. I still have such paranoia's about desoxyn, but so far, I never had to up my dosages or feel the utility wearing off yet. Fingers crossed.

twinch42085
07-25-11, 01:22 PM
Soo are the good things I always hear about Desoxyn over rated or is it truely a dangerous AD/HD medication?

There is hearing, and then there is hearing and believing someones statement.

***No offense to any of my ADD Forum peeps***

I just believe that from personal experience I have come to realize with Desoxyn....it either works wonders for you....or it doesn't.

Personally it did no good for my ADHD.

As far as being "Dangerous"; Desoxyn is number 1 at produce neurotoxic effects.

But this medicine comes in a 5mg tablet, so in comparison to other ADD medications it doesn't take much to reach the neurotoxicity levels of Desoxyn......

Now with all that being said......ANY stimulant medication for ADHD is "Dangerous" because if not taken as prescribed or under medical supervision; then you bet your lucky penny that "Dangerous" will come into play.

Alex9
07-25-11, 06:51 PM
I've heard soo many things about it but when my doctor looked up studies on it. It just kept showing a bunch of dangerous side effects.
So instead he his sending me to a behavior and coginitve i think experts (they deal with AD/HD, bipolar disorders, depression, things like that)

You can find studies that show almost any drug having dangerous side effects. I'm sure you could find just as many studies showing negative side effects for more popular meds like adderall and ritalin. I do know that methamphetamine (desoxyn) is more neurotoxic than other amphetamines, but is it really significantly more dangerous than adderall?

Most doctors refuse to even consider desoxyn due to the stigma of "meth" and their lack of familiarity with it.

Desoxyn is far more potent than any other pharmaceutical stimulant. I'd imagine that it works pretty well for controlling adhd symptoms.

sarahsweets
07-25-11, 09:56 PM
If cucumbers were drugs someone would do a study on how easy they were to abuse (salads, dip, sandwiches )