View Full Version : I don't believe I have a weight issue, but I'm awfully thin.

Andon
05-22-11, 10:10 PM
Errr to everyone that knows about weight issues etc.

About Me:
- male
- 56kg's (123lbs) weight
- 178cm (5'10") height

I know I'm as thin as a rake, I want to gain weight, I don't think I'm fat so I'm not anorexic.

BUT sometimes I forget to eat meals, for example I will go into the kitchen, look in the fridge, then in the pantry, then go ehhh I'll think about what I'm gonna eat and come back later. But I forget to go back, by the time I remember it'll be time for the next meal of the day.

I also struggle to eat big meals, I don't think I have a lot of room in my stomach so usually I can't finish a big serving of dinner. I just get to a certain stage where I feel so full that if I eat more I'd pop.

I don't have a big issue with being too skinny myself, I like to ride a lot and having a small frame makes it very easy to get the bike a lot higher in the air.

The issue I have is that girls will say things like.. "I wish I had your legs" and other weird **** like that, or they'll grab my wrist and say "holy crap!"

So yea wtf do I do I just can't seem to put on weight. My mum says you'll fill out one day, but she's been saying that since I was 17 (I have been same weight since 17, just got a bit taller)

If it helps I'm not on any medication.

crazystarf
10-24-11, 03:03 AM
Note that to gain weight, you must consume more calories compared to how much calories you burn each day (I would avoid fast food like the plague however).

You said that you're having a lot of trouble eating big meals. Rather than eating 3 large meals, it would be better for you to start eating 5-6 small meals instead, as this will allow your body to consume enough calories during the day without you feeling too overstuffed (this happens when you eat larger meals compared to smaller meals).

Assuming that you exercise a lot, it's especially important to get some form of energy during the day (from food, drinks, etc), as biking tends to burn a ton of calories,
much more than what people usually expect.

Another weird thing about gaining weight is to eat foods that contain carbohydrates like bread or spaghetti a bit before bed. Since your metabolism slows down when you're sleeping, the body should store the carbohydrates from the food you just ate as excess fat.

anonymouslyadd
10-24-11, 09:05 AM
Errr to everyone that knows about weight issues etc.

About Me:
- male
- 56kg's (123lbs) weight
- 178cm (5'10") height

I know I'm as thin as a rake, I want to gain weight, I don't think I'm fat so I'm not anorexic.

BUT sometimes I forget to eat meals, for example I will go into the kitchen, look in the fridge, then in the pantry, then go ehhh I'll think about what I'm gonna eat and come back later. But I forget to go back, by the time I remember it'll be time for the next meal of the day.

I also struggle to eat big meals, I don't think I have a lot of room in my stomach so usually I can't finish a big serving of dinner. I just get to a certain stage where I feel so full that if I eat more I'd pop.

I don't have a big issue with being too skinny myself, I like to ride a lot and having a small frame makes it very easy to get the bike a lot higher in the air.

The issue I have is that girls will say things like.. "I wish I had your legs" and other weird **** like that, or they'll grab my wrist and say "holy crap!"

So yea wtf do I do I just can't seem to put on weight. My mum says you'll fill out one day, but she's been saying that since I was 17 (I have been same weight since 17, just got a bit taller)

I was teased for my weight when I was a kid. It never bothered me personally, but I had to listen to it.

I think your mom might be right. I didn't really filll out/grow until much later. I'm 5' 10.5" tall. When I was 17, I weighed 135 lbs. Now, I weigh about 154lbs. This came after years of lifting weights. It's very challeging for me to put weight on.

Have you considered lifting weights? This might force you to eat more.

crazystarf
10-25-11, 11:34 AM
Another thing to note here is that gaining/losing weight also depends on what type of body type that you have. People generally fall into these 3 categories: ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph.

Further described here: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

It could possibly be that you classify as an ectomorph as ectomorphs generally have a harder time gaining weight (due to their metabolism being faster than normal).

RedHairedWitch
10-25-11, 12:47 PM
I used to struggle to keep weight on and remember to eat. I started drinking the protein shakes with meals or snacks. It helped.

Massari
10-29-11, 02:19 AM
It could possibly be that you classify as an ectomorph as ectomorphs generally have a harder time gaining weight (due to their metabolism being faster than normal).

Oh it's much more than that. It's the bone thickness, bone size and proportions. Ectomorphs don't have the bone structure to support fat storage so they can never really grow fat. Endomorphs have a wide waist bone. Personally I always look at bones. Bones never lie. A person can undergo the toughest diet ever in order to lose weight and succeed in doing so, but the bones will be there to tell the truth.

This is another topic that will bother a lot of people so to avoid problems it's better not to talk about it altogether. In here you want to view people more in terms of kindness of the heart, goodness of the soul and not bone size, IQ or any other discriminatory measurements.

rickymooston
10-29-11, 02:38 AM

Consider progamming a reminder?

Huge meals aren;t healthy. Soft drinks about 30 minutes before a meal will make you hungrier. I found that out by accident

DenverHero
02-15-12, 02:08 PM
I am 28, 5'7" and 140 lbs. Not a stick but I would like to put on more weight. I went looking for a way to increase my appetite to be able to eat more, because taking adderol makes me forget to eat...but i get my work done!

After a long search and talking with several doctors, I developed my own solution. Something to increase the appetite so I can take in the necessary calories, a boost of energy and brain function so i have the will power to actually stop my work and make a meal, and finally a stimulant to boost saliva production to counter the cotton mouth (crackers with dry mouth= ouch!)

It's been working great so far! I gained 5 lbs in a week just from eating bigger portions and more often! Check it out and please let me know what you think. Not many people out there suffer from the same weight issues we do. But at least there is help now.

Ravenstar
03-16-12, 07:13 PM
I'm an ectomorph. Female, 5'4" and until I reached 42 I weighed about 110 - 115lbs.. (weight is way easier to gain when you hit middle age put on a scary amount of weight last time on anti-depressants - went up to 158!!!! I didn't even weight that much when I was pregnant. Went off them and have been dropping since then. Now at 141lbs, but the way I'm losing I should be back around 120 by summer)

I could eat like a 6 foot man and never gain any weight for most of my life though...other girls hated me... oh well. It wasn't because I was trying to keep my weight down - I never even thought about weight. I Ate what I wanted, I just have a high metabolism and I'm always moving.

To balance my weight though I started to graze, instead of binging. Just have enough healthy snack food around to nibble whenever I felt like it. Pasta will put weight on. small frequent meals - make it easy by having it ready to go. Nuts are good too, high nutrition but also high calories and fats. If you are active keep a bag of trail mix with you. Milk products, cheese, yogurt..are good too, just watch the cholesterol.

Breakfast is important... if I skip breakfast my stomach doesn't want food until the middle of the afternoon and I'll forget to eat when I'm into something. I had to eat breakfast BEFORE my coffee.

I couldn't eat the first few months I was pregnant - at all. I bought those meal replacement drinks, 300 calories each and full of nutrition. (not the diet ones - the ones they give people in the hospital to fatten them up and make sure they are getting enough nutrition - what was the name? ummm... oh ya! Ensure. [wildberry was the best] Add it to a meal once a day and you have 300 extra calories that is liquid.. doesn't fill you up)

Linda Watson
04-10-12, 04:45 AM
Hi,
Go for gym for body buiding.Errr to everyone that knows about weight issues etc.

About Me:
- male
- 56kg's (123lbs) weight
- 178cm (5'10") height