View Full Version : Does anyone do Tai Chi?

crystal8080
05-23-11, 09:51 PM
Been reading about this, wondering if anyone is doing it and if it helps? So far just breathing better is improving things. And focusing on the dan tien. If it is helping you, in what areas is it helping you?

APSJ
05-24-11, 08:03 PM
I took lessons in Tai Chi for about a month, and loved it. I think it helped with anxiety, but didn't notice any change in ADHD symptoms...then again, it was only a month.

I've thought about restarting at some point, but there's no place where I now live comparable to where I took it, and those available don't appeal to me.

crystal8080
05-26-11, 12:24 AM
Ive been reading a book for dummies on tai chi, and have downloaded a video on the 24 forms. Maybe it is my anxiety its helping with, and why no one is really doing it here. Of course I'm trying to read 2 books at once :p and i haven't gotten much read other than breathing techniques.

So i'm not sure if its anxiety or adhd or anxiety from adhd ( i haven't had a detailed analysis) or what but it seems when everything starts piling on top of itself and im about to freak out, I'm a little better at keeping a lid on. There is a small semi functional filter working its way in to my behaviour, mostly.

It would still be interesting to know if it works for anyone else.

happierin09
06-01-11, 10:03 AM
I would love to learn Tai Chi! That's on to-do someday list.

Spacemaster
06-01-11, 01:29 PM
I would love to start Tai Chi, in fact I tried. I bought a DVD/book and started the thing, which is a big deal because it sat on the floor amongst other things I never start or follow up on. I made it through the warm ups, and the DVD quit working. Just my luck. Does it seem to anyone else that the universe knows you have ADHD and throws in extra bonus problems just to F everything up further? It probably just feels that way because of my adhd, but sometimes i swear "they're out to get me!"