View Full Version : Really Easy Things That Kids Like

Joker_Girl
05-23-11, 10:10 PM
These are probably not the most fabulous things as far as calories and fat are concerned but this is something I used to make when the kids were little and they LOVED it, in fact they are 17 & 19 and will still eat it if they are here and I make it.

Get a package of bologna. NOT fat free, or it wont curl up like you want it to. Lay about 8 pieces of it out on a cookie sheet.

Take some mashed potatoes. If you are really busy or lazy just use instant ones. Trust me, they won't care. Put a nice scoop of them on each piece of bologna.

Put shredded cheese on top of the potatoes.

Stick them in the oven at about 350 til the bologna curls up a little bit.

Again, not probably the ABSOLUTELY best thing in the world, or classy enough for a dinner party (unless its at my house), but I guarantee I have never met a little kid that won't eat this up like its the greatest thing.

Another hint....put butter and brown sugar in creamed corn and the kids will go crazy for it.

Raye
01-04-13, 11:50 AM
This sounds good to me...lol

mrs. dobbs
01-04-13, 11:54 AM
My husband would go nuts for these. Especially with sugar on them.

ezridax
01-04-13, 12:50 PM
but I guarantee I have never met a little kid that won't eat this up like its the greatest thing.

You haven't met my three-year-old...haha, he hates mashed potatoes.

Good idea, though. My mom used to do the same thing but with hot dogs instead of bologna.

JanelleC
02-13-13, 12:50 PM
I have the only kids in the world who do not like bologna or hot dogs. Weirdos. Or american cheese... or Velveeta!!!! They like smoked swiss. cheese-snots are what they are.