View Full Version : burpropion extended release

randomguy
05-24-11, 10:49 PM
new guy here

I m getting ready to take some classes and just changed medication from the generic ritalin, hoping to try adderall but was perscribed bupropion instead by the docter for a test run.

I know some meds take a while to actually work, this one does not seem to help with the focus and hyperactivity

anyone else notice this with the burprpion?

anonuser999
05-25-11, 12:05 PM
It helps with my mood but actually makes my ADHD worse. I have worse short-term memory and sort of fuzzy thinking on it, so while I might be able to work through something, it's a crapshoot to see if I actually remember or not.

Adderall and Wellbutrin are a fairly common combination, one that I am on currently (40mg Adderall, 150mg Wellbutrin, 100mg Zoloft).

buggie
05-25-11, 12:22 PM
new guy here

I m getting ready to take some classes and just changed medication from the generic ritalin, hoping to try adderall but was perscribed bupropion instead by the docter for a test run.

I know some meds take a while to actually work, this one does not seem to help with the focus and hyperactivity

anyone else notice this with the burprpion?

yeah, I started taking this before I was given Adderall. It is a good drug and does some wonderful things. It can help you lose weight, stop smoking, increase your sex drive...but I don't think it does so well with focus and really nothing for hyperactivity (I think it makes me more hyper). It seems like it gives you energy rather than focus. I think it helped me a little when I very first started it, but then did nothing. And it feels totally different than Adderall.

I still take it WITH Adderall XR because I have PMDD and it helps with my mood/anxiety over the course of my cycle (sorry, I'm a woman posting in the men's forum!). I take them as two different meds for two different purposes.

randomguy
05-28-11, 07:09 AM
Im taking this medication and its not really helping me at all. I was wondering why, when he I asked for adderall I was placed on this.

randomguy
06-01-11, 01:57 AM
I guess this is the 7th day I have been on bupropion. I m starting to see results.
normally Im easily irritated, sometimes with the feeling of wish people had a fast forward button under them where I can press it and they would get to the point. that feeling is gone, its amazing. the paying attention though its tough keeping focus but Im getting there.

I noticed another thing as well with this drug. I had a few slips of the tounge revealing personal things normally that are guarded.

Im still lazy though lol.

Capt Oblivious
06-01-11, 08:14 AM
I've been on wellbutrin xr 450 mg for several years after being diagnosed with depression. It did great things for my mood and irritability. I used to get these "black fog" moods and just snap at everybody. WB took care of that. I also learned that there's a huge difference between generic and brand. My insurance co put me back on generic for some reason and the black fog came back. I now get brand name - pay extra but it's worth it.

I've pretty much known that I'm ADD Inattentive since my sons got diagnosed several years ago. I've got the same symptoms. I think Wellbutrin helped manage my ADD some, but I'm in a new job that requires a much higher level of focus, planning and follow through and ADD was really getting in my way. so I got "officially" diagnosed and went on Adderall IR 10mg 3x/day. It didn't reall do much for me and the crash was horrible - like the black fog returned! So now I'm trying Vyvanse and so far (day 2) I like it better than Adderall.

So, in my experience, Wellbutrin is a good drug, but not the best ADD treatment for me. YMMV.

Woodroadie
06-02-11, 09:49 PM
I've been on wellbutrin and the generic equivalent for a number of years. My experience was similar to the OP in that one day I just realized that I felt different - probably after two weeks. It has flattened out the dips and perseveration, and to a degree, anger, that had been a long time issue. I think it helps with the add, but I have definitely experienced the fog as well. I often struggle to find a word and wonder where I'll be in 20 years when that stuff is really supposed to kick in. Overall, though, for mild depression, it is pretty amazing stuff and has led to a definite improvement in that part of my life. I tried adderal and didn't like the crash and the altered feeling. To be honest, it felt a bit like coming down off of coke and while I'm not sure how habit forming it is, I felt like I was going down that road. My doc recently retired and I am setting up with a new clinic. I am ready to start down the stimulant road again and perhaps ween off the welbutrin or maybe combine it. The add still is a pretty big issue even though the welbutrin has helped some.