View Full Version : Poor Body Image

Conman
05-26-11, 03:06 PM
uh little help? for the past 2-3 years or so i have suffered from poor body image and low self-esteem. i look in the mirror and see whats wrong bodily, like zits, cowlick, etc. but sometimes i look and i dont understand why i look the way i look. i question if my upbringing is a cause cuz my older brother (4 years between us) would always be getting laid, or going out and partying on weekends, while i...did nothing. i do try to go out and do stuff weekends but nothing ever happens despite my attempts. so i think ive started subconsciously started to dislike, maybe even hate myself for being such a mess. i am social with people and well-liked and accepted, but they never hit me up or if i try to start stuff, nothing. im like some prescence with people, they acknowledge im there, they choose to do nothing. and im falling into nine inch nails's downward spiral, and i know i cant go further, any tips to increase self-esteem and good body image?

tudorose
06-02-11, 07:37 PM
Maybe try something different. Start doing lot of exercise, get fit and strong. Take control and empower yourself and in time you will see something different in the mirror. Instead of inadequacy you will see strength and power. Takes time, sweat and pain - but it's worth it.

Conman
06-02-11, 10:34 PM
i recently find out im not unnatractive apparently. i guess my social skills just suck. : / so that's why people less attractive than me get more tail or more wasted than i do apparently as well cuz theyre good socail skills

Brob2
06-02-11, 10:44 PM
get more tail

that could be a joke, or attitudinally speaking that could be a problem as it smacks a little of chauvinism which, hopefully, most women won't find attractive. Women always like hunky (to them) men, but what they really want is someone fun to be with, looks usually being not THAT important.

Conman
06-03-11, 12:48 PM
oh no. it's not chauvinism. i dont see women as objects (i cant say the same depending if im influenced by something or if it's models, etc. cuz i cant ever have a chance). i mean getting tail as a general statement for relationships, intimacy,...further than that, etc. but yes, high school is all about more the definition of getting some.