View Full Version : How can I bring MP3 files onto the web?

anonymouslyadd
05-29-11, 04:42 PM
Ok. I have MP3 files with speeches from my toastmasters meetings, which I would like to put on the web. Google blogger seems absolutely useless as they are with many other issues.

I've read that Flickr allows you to do this, but it seems a little on the complicated side. I am not quite technincally savvy in this area yet. Is there an easy way to do this? I want to be able to share my speeches with people.

Thanks!

tipoo
05-29-11, 05:38 PM
Easiest way for you and your listeners that I can think of is to stick it in a video file and put it on youtube.

HighFunctioning
05-29-11, 05:39 PM
RapidShare?

anonymouslyadd
05-29-11, 09:27 PM
Easiest way for you and your listeners that I can think of is to stick it in a video file and put it on youtube.

Ugh Tipoo. I didn't want to use Youtube. I guess I was hoping for something a little more private. Not that my speeches would go viral. :D

anonymouslyadd
05-29-11, 09:28 PM
RapidShare?

I'll look this up. Thanks.

tipoo
05-29-11, 09:43 PM
Ugh Tipoo. I didn't want to use Youtube. I guess I was hoping for something a little more private. Not that my speeches would go viral. :D

So make them unlisted videos.

anonymouslyadd
05-29-11, 09:44 PM
So make them unlisted videos.

I didn't know you could do that. Thank you.

anonymouslyadd
05-29-11, 09:45 PM
McAfee doesn't like Rapidshare Highfunctioning. Do you think this is legitimate?

HighFunctioning
05-30-11, 03:12 PM
Yes, it's legitimate. It's a generalized file hosting service. I can see McAfee not liking some of the files hosted on the site, but it has nothing to do with the service itself, as anyone can host files on the site, benign or malignant.

theburr
05-31-11, 02:09 AM
I agree with the unlisted YouTube advice, and there's also Vimeo where you can set videos for privacy. There's also YouSendIt for uploading/downloading files, and SendSpace if they are huge files (YSI has a file limit ~ 100 MB).

As for blogging services, the only one I am aware of that supports audio files is Tumblr, but there may be others, too. SoundCloud is also a good resource for hosting audio.

anonymouslyadd
05-31-11, 02:29 AM
I agree with the unlisted YouTube advice, and there's also Vimeo where you can set videos for privacy. There's also YouSendIt for uploading/downloading files, and SendSpace if they are huge files (YSI has a file limit ~ 100 MB).

As for blogging services, the only one I am aware of that supports audio files is Tumblr, but there may be others, too. SoundCloud is also a good resource for hosting audio.

I have a youtube account. I tried uploading the file, but it wouldn't let me. I don't know if there's something else that I need to do. Do you have any tips on why it didn't work fully?

HighFunctioning
05-31-11, 10:31 PM
I have a youtube account. I tried uploading the file, but it wouldn't let me. I don't know if there's something else that I need to do. Do you have any tips on why it didn't work fully?

Did you convert it to a video first (blank video with audio being your mp3)?

anonymouslyadd
05-31-11, 11:13 PM
Did you convert it to a video first (blank video with audio being your mp3)?

Negative. What program do you use to convert the MP3 to video? Can you do it through youtube?

anonymouslyadd
05-31-11, 11:14 PM

I've got it on dropbox now. My sister told me about it, and you can share files through this site.