View Full Version : A tiny glimpse of NT life?

furthuron
05-30-11, 11:13 AM
Hi All,

So I think I finally found something that just might work (or at least worked the one time I tried it). I tend the avoid going to church because I see no point in sitting there fidgety and zoning in and out for 1 1/2 hours. I tried drinking a cup of coffee during the beginning of the service and that at least got me to just zone out and go to a happy place. I tried running 3-4 miles before church and that stopped the fidgets (at least a bit), but still left me very unfocused and hazy. I tried taking Focus Factor from Costco and that helped me focus a bit on what was going on up front, at least if it was interesting or particularly loud or didn't send me off on some mind squeegee hunt.

Then I tried all three together! I ran 3 miles before church, I've been taking Focus Factor daily (although only in the mornings since it's pricey) for several months, and I had a cup of coffee (maybe two). I felt... I can only describe it as... normal? I don't know what "normal" feels like, but I didn't hate church and feel like crawling out of my skin, and I actually "got" what was being said.

If only I could get myself out of bed early enough on the weekdays to run before school, I might actually be able to pay attention to the questions my students ask. Anyway, just thought it was kinda cool. Maybe this is what it feels like to be on the right medication?

Lunacie
05-30-11, 11:28 AM
I'm not familiar with Focus Factor - so I looked it up. It has the same stuff I'm already taking individually: fish oil capsules, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin D3. The only thing it has added that I don't take (at least I think not but I don't know what they are) are Huperzine and Bacopa (plant extracts).

I take 2 fish oil capsules each morning (1000 mg each) - I get them at the dollar store as that's the cheapest place I've found them and there hasn't been any problems with rancidity. That's where I get the Vitamins as well.

I've been taking the fish oil for about 8 years and when I run out or forget it for more than 3 days, I start to experience the "brain fog" I used to live with the first 50 years of my life, and it's scary to realize I lived that way for so long.

I generally drink 1 can of cola per day - usually with lunch - less caffeine than coffee so I don't consider it a major factor in focus.

Turbochica
05-30-11, 01:07 PM
That's great news. happy dance time :)

Then I tried all three together! I ran 3 miles before church, I've been taking Focus Factor daily (although only in the mornings since it's pricey) for several months, and I had a cup of coffee (maybe two). I felt... I can only describe it as... normal? I don't know what "normal" feels like, but I didn't hate church and feel like crawling out of my skin, and I actually "got" what was being said.

It's a wonderful feeling when things click the right way. I think you have hit on a combination that works for you. :)