View Full Version : Greeting Cards

Impetus
06-01-11, 09:24 PM
Not sure why, BUT I love to make greeting cards. I belong to a stamping forum, and they have weekly "challenges." I hope you guys might like them too. :)

BR549
06-01-11, 09:47 PM
You made those?????? They are awesome! They look like the Papyrus cards I bought for Mother's Day and paid a bazillion dollars for! Actually they look better than the ones I bought.

Impetus
06-01-11, 09:55 PM
aww, thanks. :) I don't know what Papyrus cards are.... they are digital stamps. the rubber ones are too restrictive for me.... the digi ones can be resized and what not.

Impetus
06-01-11, 10:01 PM
I almost forgot, the card with the Stars and Stripes Heart on it (it might be in the first post) is a shrinky dink. I printed a digital stamp onto shrinky dink paper. Cut it out, colored it in with Sharpies, punched a hole, baked, and viola!

BR549
06-01-11, 10:03 PM
Papyrus is just a brand name. They look like they are handmade. But yours look so much better!
Here's a picture of one.
http://www.styleathome.com/img/photos/biz/Style%20at%20Home/holidaycards-papyrus.jpg

I think maybe you need to rethink your office job.:p You are making some great cards!!! Heck I paid $6.00 for the last Papyrus card I bought. Just think what you could make (money and card-wise)! ;)

BR549
06-01-11, 10:05 PM
OMGARSH!! They still sell Shrinkydinks???? That doesn't look like and Shrinkydink I've ever made....

Amazing!! You should really think about selling some of these! I'd buy some! :)

pooka
06-01-11, 10:12 PM
My mom is really into card-making, too! Sometimes I use her supplies and make cards. I swear she must have several thousand stamps. And don't even get me started on her superfluous ribbon supply :D
Anyways, these look so good! I love the raccoons!

salleh
06-01-11, 10:46 PM
digital stamps ???? what are these digital stamps ???? ...I used to have a collection of ....an embarrassing number of them .....and I have a couple friends in Springfield Il who each have their own stamping room , and a club that meets ...Idon't know think one a week ....these ladies are serious ! ...

but digital stamps ...hummmm.....

shysmile
06-01-11, 11:51 PM
Beautiful cards!! You're very talented! :):) My favorite is the bee and the flower, I think...but they are all gorgeous, it is hard to choose. :D

Impetus
06-02-11, 06:04 AM
OMGARSH!! They still sell Shrinkydinks???? That doesn't look like and Shrinkydink I've ever made....

Amazing!! You should really think about selling some of these! I'd buy some! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Graphix-Shrink-Film-White-8-5x11/dp/B000KNPKIE/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1307008879&sr=1-1 this is an off brand, but it is made to go through your inkjet printer. That's what I used. :)

My mom is really into card-making, too! Sometimes I use her supplies and make cards. I swear she must have several thousand stamps. And don't even get me started on her superfluous ribbon supply :D
Anyways, these look so good! I love the raccoons!

http://www.amberink.com/ this is the site I bought the raccoons from. They also have awesome digital papers.

Impetus
06-02-11, 06:08 AM
digital stamps ???? what are these digital stamps ???? ...I used to have a collection of ....an embarrassing number of them .....and I have a couple friends in Springfield Il who each have their own stamping room , and a club that meets ...Idon't know think one a week ....these ladies are serious ! ...

but digital stamps ...hummmm.....

if you're interested in giving it a try, this lady has a LOT of digital stamp and digi papers for free. http://www.birdscards.com/

anymore I tend to pick out my stamp and resize or flip it it in Word. Then I will copy and paste my papers in there as well, and resize them to the rough sizes I need. I can usually get away with using one piece of index paper that way! :)

johnbriner
06-09-11, 09:28 PM
Did you actually made those? They look good,. awesome. What made you come up with those? Thanks for sharing!

anonymouslyadd
06-09-11, 09:30 PM
Wow, Impetus. That's very impressive.

Impetus
06-09-11, 09:48 PM
Did you actually made those? They look good,. awesome. What made you come up with those? Thanks for sharing!

I have been using card sketches to get me "started." I don't have any design or art education.

is that what you mean by what got me started???

I also like to do some Iris Folding and Origami.

Wow, Impetus. That's very impressive.

Thanks Anon. I have a couple more done, but I think i am out of picture space on the board.... I need to fiddle with it some more and get it figured out.

anonymouslyadd
06-09-11, 10:32 PM
Thanks Anon. I have a couple more done, but I think i am out of picture space on the board.... I need to fiddle with it some more and get it figured out.

Impetus, I propose that we start a business making cards together. You can do the designs, and I'll do the writing.

I have business names:

Impeon cards
Anonus cards
What do ya think?;):p

Impetus
06-10-11, 06:24 AM
Impetus, I propose that we start a business making cards together. You can do the designs, and I'll do the writing.

I have business names:
Impeon cards
Anonus cards
What do ya think?;):p

number 2 looks kinda like anus.

I could use some help with some of my sentiments..... I was digging through Urban Dictionary last night for a sentiment. I came up with "chillaxin'" for a stamp of a penguin in an innertube. :p

danelady
06-10-11, 08:36 AM
Man,I miss so much stuff when I don't get on line. Your cards are AWESOME!

My favorite is the one with the coffee pot,of course! You really are very creative!

Impetus
06-10-11, 09:56 PM
Man,I miss so much stuff when I don't get on line. Your cards are AWESOME!

My favorite is the one with the coffee pot,of course! You really are very creative!

I think I named that one "what's perkin'?"

not sure how many people even know what that means anymore. :cool:

I ran out of space for pictures, so I am relocating the older ones to my doo hickey thingie.... click on my name, it'll take you there. the picks are in an album THERE.... :rolleyes: evidently I have reached my simple words quota for the day. (i'll let you know when I find the word i am looking for.)

Impetus
06-12-11, 09:57 PM
okey dokey, still can't add anymore attachments.... not sure why. might have to give up and ask a mod how to fix it. :o

in the meantime, I did put another card in my profile pics.

Impetus
06-13-11, 01:09 AM
can't sleep, so I thought I'd get up and fiddle with this some more... :p

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/kirsten062975/2011-06-12_21-37-55_789.gif

there we go... *ta da*

metzfanaz
06-13-11, 05:58 PM
Very nice Impetus. My wife used to do those and her friends also, really neat to see someone else's vision of a greeting card come out. Instead of the store bought generics. I'd pay 10x easily for something like yours....

Impetus
06-13-11, 06:41 PM
thanks! the paper with the dots is a "digital paper." I tried something new with it, I added texture to the image. I think it looks pretty darn good. I can usually pick up on illusions, but I am actually pleased with the result!