View Full Version : Kaiser San Diego anyone?

Dizzy Lizzy
06-02-11, 12:36 PM
Is there anyone here with San Diego Kaiser that can share their experience with me and suggest a dr?

I have my first appointment for evaluation for ADD which I believe is just some qusetions at the Vista facility.

Justinkt
06-03-11, 09:02 AM
I'm not in San Diego, but I'm in that same process right now in Denver. And here at least it takes forever. You can't call to make an an appointment you call them and tell them and they say they will contact you within 48 hours to schedule an appointment. Then after you get diagnosed you go through the same thing for the med evaluatation. Then when you go to that appointment you have to take all sorts of tests including a drug test to see you can take a stimulant med. Then they want to talk to you pcp because your grandfather had a few heart attacts. Then your pcp doesn't ever get back to the phycaitrist. So you'll get stuck waiting and emailing the two dr.s Trying to get things going. Expect at least two months before you can start a treatment plan.

This is what getting into a secret society must feel like.

Dizzy Lizzy
06-03-11, 09:34 PM
This is what getting into a secret society must feel like.
lol, in high school it was called " The Stoned Masons"

Great, we pay thousands of dollars a year to get the run-around. I just found a referral to a San Diego Dr. I might just go outside the Kaiser route. Why not, I pay a $50 co-pay.
My first call they did make an appointment for me. Hopefully that is a good sign.I told her my PC doc referred me.She asked a few questions first. Its still a few weeks away.
I found with Kaiser you have to be the squeaky wheel.

thank you for your reply!

adhdicted
08-28-12, 12:30 AM
Hi Lizzy, I'm new here and have been trying to research doctors in San Diego. Have you had any luck with a doctor?