View Full Version : Increasing Dosage

jennsation
06-02-11, 03:45 PM
I saw my doctor today...I told him how the Focalin has been for the past two weeks. (Might as well have taken nothing...no side effects, positive or negative.)

He wants to increase my dosage. I was at 10 mg. in the morning. He had me take 15 mg this morning and wants me to try 20 tomorrow and see how I feel.

I did take the 15 when I left his office. It's hard to say if it's working because I am working from home today and tomorrow (boyfriend had a dirt bike crash and can't watch the baby, so I'm trying to work and take care of our 10 month old...NOT easy...LOL!)

Soooo, I guess I will be able to make a better determination of how I'm doing with the increased dosage when I'm back in my normal work environment. I'm super scattered today, but like I said, being at home and juggling house stuff + baby + work = not very productive day. :P

We'll see how it goes...

happierin09
06-05-11, 01:57 PM
Hi Jenn,

I hope the increase is helping you a little! It's so hard to gauge things when we are out of our routine and making a dose change. Working from home is also a major challenge in and of itself. Anyway, hope it's going well!

jennsation
06-10-11, 01:31 PM
I've been on the 20mg now this week at work (although not yesterday or today.) I type pretty fast (90+ WPM) and have found I make more mistakes when I'm taking the Focalin. Not sure why. We had Inventory yesterday and today at work, so I didn't take it because i needed to be super accurate with doing data entry.

But other than that, so far so good with the 20mg in the morning. I do wish it lasted just a bit longer in the day, but I am pleased overall. :) How are you doing?

happierin09
06-12-11, 01:47 PM
I'm glad the 20 mg seems to be working for you. Definitely a different possible side effect with the typing speed. For me so far the 30 mg seems okay I guess, but I do think Focalin has increased my anxiety a bit, but not enough just yet for me to be ready to try something else. My focus has been a little bit better, not dramatically, but a little bit, so I'll take that for now and continue to see how it goes for a bit longer. On my work days I generally take the IR dose, but weekends I haven't been, and yesterday I took a holiday from all meds. I was definitely more tired and didn't feel like doing much of anything, so I'll take that as a sign Focalin is helping at least to an extent :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!