View Full Version : Crock Pot: Hot Fudge Brownie Pudding Cake

Spirit
08-30-04, 05:52 PM
Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownie Pudding Cake

Don't forget your favorite ice cream for this one

1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups brownie mix (half of a 21.5 ounce package)
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon soft margarine
1/4 cup water
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, if desired
Combine 3/4 cup water, brown sugar, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together or mix well with a spoon. Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of a lightly buttered crockpot. Pour boiling mixture over the batter. Cover and cook on HIGH about 2 hours; turn heat off and let stand for about 30 minutes.
Spoon into dessert dishes while warm; serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Serves 6 to 8.

jaimegerise
08-30-04, 06:01 PM
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok I gotta find a way to make this low fat and low sugar :D

fasttalkingmom
08-31-04, 02:42 AM
How'd you know I've been putting together crockpot recipes getting ready for winter ?

Spirit
09-01-04, 02:46 PM
LOL GMTA Fasttalkingmom,

Every year I get ready with all the recipes that are just too darn hot to bake or make during the summer. Or are just to darn heavy to eat. So while I was working on my own recipe site I ran across this one that was my grandmother's and decided I would share it here also.

Besides, I'm the crock pot/slow cooker Queen..LOL Just ask my family. If I can find a way to put it in the slow cooker then that's how I'm gonna make it.

Oh btw look in main course for a scrumptious scalloped potato & ham Crockpot recipe. I'll be posting it shortly.

Alexa
11-22-04, 12:02 PM
HELP!!!! I have this cooking in my office as I type for the Thanksgiving Lunch. Got all the stuff, and then started re-reading the recipe. I'm not Domestically Inclined as it is but it's calling for 2 1/2 cups of Brownie Mix OR 1/2 of a 21.3 oz. pkg. Which is it??? 2 1/2 cups is 20 oz!! Given the amount of liquid you pour over it I used the whole pkg. which I think was 19.something oz. I brought some back up party mix just in case it didn't work.

Alexa
11-24-04, 07:31 AM
Update on this.....use the whole package. The batter will be VERY thick so you can forget 'whisking' but it turns out great. You really do need the ice cream or at very least whipped cream however. You can just about feel yourself slipping into diabetic coma however after you eat a small amount. It's RICH!!