View Full Version : hard time studying..

Veronica4
06-07-11, 05:23 PM
I am going to be taking my national boards test for dental hygiene is about a month and I am seriously having the hardest time studying. I litterally got my book out to study at 1 pm and it is still sitting there. Even when I try to read the chapters I cant seem to concentrate. Does anyone have any good other ways to study for something instead of just reading the chapters? any help or tips are appreciated!

pooka
06-08-11, 03:50 AM
I love Quizlet, it's especially great for studying vocabulary. You can play games and take practice quizzes and stuff. I'm not sure about the nature of what you're studying, but if you have like terms you need to know or something then you can use Quizlet for that.
http://www.quizlet.com
If you have to read the chapters, definitely take notes while you're reading, it helps me because it forces me to look for important things that I should be writing down.
I also like to have some caffeine (I prefer chai tea :)) before I study because it helps me focus.
Hope this helps :)

Veronica4
06-14-11, 05:53 PM
Thank you again for the advice. I have found quizlet online and they had a whole catagory for dental hygiene and has been very helpful to me. I appreciate the advice!

Alex9
06-14-11, 06:38 PM
I find that flash cards help me a lot with studying. If you can concentrate long enough to make them (the hard part) than they really help breaking the info down into manageable, easy-to-study pieces. If you take any sort of meds make sure you take them before studying. Caffeine can also help.

Hope this helps and good luck