View Full Version : Does it really work?

GiGi3
06-09-11, 05:25 PM
I love Adderall, but after taking it for several days I tend to get irritable and mean. The doc suggested Wellbutrin.

Does Wellbutrin really help with motivation, energy, focus and concentration? If so, what dose works for you?

I am trying, but I feel like I will really miss my Adderall.

ChillMike04
06-25-11, 07:03 PM
get off the adderall and on wellbutrin, it helps me so much!

quirkyscrawler
06-25-11, 09:12 PM
When I was on Adderall, I experienced 1-2 weeks of irritability and then it passed.

I'm currently on Wellbutrin and it's helping...It's not Adderall, but it's much better than nothing at all...I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on reading/have the patience for sustained periods of reading without it (or at least it would be a struggle, as it has been for much of my life prior to meds or on a med that doesn't work)...Everyone's different though, and it sounds like with non-stimulant meds you need to wait a little while before it works? It seems, however, that Wellbutrin is already helping and I'm only on my 3rd day (I noticed this with Cymbalta also)...I don't think it's placebo effect either...In my opinion it's worth trying if Adderall isn't working out for you. Strattera did not work for me. I'm glad Wellbutrin does (and I hope it continues to) because it comes in generic and I've been worried about the cost of my meds, since I take Seroquel for Bipolar as well...

...Or, perhaps the side effects of the Adderall will pass?

Good luck in finding something that works!

anonymouslyadd
06-25-11, 09:54 PM
Does Wellbutrin really help with motivation, energy, focus and concentration? If so, what dose works for you?

I take both. I find that Wellbutrin is wonderful for depression, but I haven't noticed a bump in my concentration abilities except for that first night.

I don't think it's been beneficial in increasing my motivation. It gives me the ability to not regress. I'm not sure about energy either.

Wellbutrin has been used to treat ADD. You're probably going to have to use trial and error. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear.