View Full Version : Fibromyalgia & Sleeping??

Spirit
09-01-04, 04:09 PM
Does anyone else notice that getting to much sleep seems to make us hurt even more?

And if so...What is too much sleep for you?

Spirit
09-01-04, 04:15 PM
I voted yes

It seems that when I get more then 4 or 5 hours of sleep at a time, I'm in agony all day long. I wake up stiff and can hardly move plus I hurt so bad I can hardly stand it. This is frustrating because having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) as well, I really need sleep. I have found though if you can possible do it. Short naps (20 minutes to 45 minutes) really do help with the tiredness of only getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep each night. Although don't take that nap to close to bed time without getting some sort of exercise or you'll be like me and up all night.;)

waywardclam
09-01-04, 08:47 PM
I answered this on behalf of Mrs. Clam, as she has fibro and I do not. But she definitely complains that too much sleep makes her be in pain all day...

We think the poor quality of our mattress may have something to do with it though as well :(

crime_scene
09-01-04, 10:29 PM
gee I just assumed maybe I had arthritis..never realized anyone else had this phenomenon too. Hmmm. Maybe I should mention to my doc next time I'm in.

Spirit
09-02-04, 09:47 AM
Clam...I have a brand new bed..I bought one of those air beds that you can dial the lvl of comfort on. It helps some, but still if I get to much sleep it kills me the next day.

Crime Scene...Yes I would speak to your doctor about this. There are several test that can be done to see if in fact it is Fibromyalgia. One is a simple pressure point test that can be done right there in the office. Which this test is usually one of the first tests that they preform, along with a blood test to test for rheumatoid arthritis.

Good luck and let us know what you find out OK.

crime_scene
09-03-04, 04:14 PM
oh, ok, thanks for that, I definitely will!

Mary
09-24-04, 10:44 PM
I voted sometimes...but it depends on the weather too. If I sleep too long during damp weather.. I can barely navigate the rest of the day. I have literally had to crawl to the bathroom on these days. There are also days the girls have to help me get there. Since we've been having the warm, sunny weather, I have been able to get up..and do my excercises. Go out walking with the dog. I still hurt, but it's at least partially bearable at this time.