View Full Version : The ignorance is strong in Australia

Dexter2k9
06-19-11, 10:30 AM
Check out this article from my local paper.
http://http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/06/18/gp-stunned-by-adhd-drugs-use-dexamphetamine/

The back story to this is that a few years back there was a fatal car crash, one of the drivers was found to be on a cocktail of meds, including dex for his adhd. It is inconclusive whether they were a factor in the accident, but it has not stopped the local media beating it up since then into a conspiracy and inciting the ignorant deniers to come out in support of the witch-hunt. They are claiming that there is a huge over supply of the drug to "supposed" sufferers of adhd.

The numbers quoted in the article do not support the conclusions drawn by the author but it has not stopped hysterical support for his dishonest crusade. It is very sad that in our modern times there are still dark-age fallacies being tossed around as modern "fact".

Dory02
06-26-11, 07:15 PM
Same problem here in South Africa. We can't even get amphetemine based med. if I was looking for a drug to abuse I could go to the streets where it is much cheaper and in stronger quantities. Chances are this would end me up in trouble. Even if I calibrated the right dose I would not have the support of a medical professional. These drugs are far less addictive than many other drugs prescribed and proven to improve the lives of people suffering from ADD. Where is the common sense?

johnny_walker
06-26-11, 07:24 PM
Johnny can get dex anythime he wants. But Johnny has made his choice not to.

You have to maker sure you have a connection with someone who is in the similar field as you. (But not drug dealers, rather doctors within the field of mental health)

Johnny knows it harder everyday for working Australians. But i guess you have to grind it out like every other Australian.

Keep walking.

Johnny Walker.

tudorose
06-29-11, 07:10 AM
Times are changing and when articles like this appear on the online news as in news.com.au etc... they get shot down in flames in the comments. More and more now parents and adults with ADHD slam any negative publicity.

Kunga Dorji
06-29-11, 08:12 AM
Times are changing and when articles like this appear on the online news as in news.com.au etc... they get shot down in flames in the comments. More and more now parents and adults with ADHD slam any negative publicity.

This is actually the article I referred to a week or so ago.

We did a very nice job on the comments section- to the point that some people commenting got upset about our coordinated response. Who said ADDers couldn't be organised?

tudorose
06-29-11, 05:59 PM
Actually the arrticle I was referring to was last year in WA's inmycommunity which is linked to the perthnow site. I posted the link on here last year in this section. Good to know we're fighting back on all fronts.

toogled
08-26-11, 10:54 PM
im not sure if it was the same case

but he was on high dose of dex like 100mg and marijuana, in sunshine coast near brisbane, and was on dexamphetamine and 2 australian children were killed.

if anyone who has taken both of those, it would have been the marijuana and the fact he got behind the wheel.

they give amphetamines to pilots, in some cases it may have taken speed out of the impact by improving his ability to judge lightly.

taking large amounts of stimulants doesnt obliterate your core mental functions like downers do. it improves your functions and wakes you up if your inhibited by sleep deprivation or alcohol intoxication, and can be used this way medically.

but sure go blame the dexamphetamine. and not the illegal other drugs and criminal behaviour of even considering to drive after smoking marijuana.