View Full Version : I Found an ADD coach

HoundDog
09-01-04, 10:34 PM
I was lucky enough to have found a coach today, i dont know if you would call her a professional coach or a peer coach. She is a friend of mine through Scouts Canada, a social worker who is starting on her doctorate in phsycology this year. Though she doesnt have ADHD herself she does have one child with it and another that is autistic, hence her foray into the social work and psych degree. I was amazed at how open i was with here during our phone conversation this evening (i guess being open is a must to get help huh). She seemed to almost instinctively know what to do and how to guide me through our talk. To say i was touched by her willingness to help me would be an understatement. Shes even offered to accompany me to any sort of ADHD workshops or groups that i choose to attend. All from the goodness of her heart with no payment of any kind (tho we did joke about her using me as a case study for her doctorate). Im so happy i almost think there might be a light at the end of this long dark tunnel ive been in for all these many years.

Tara
09-01-04, 11:14 PM
Awesome!!! Best of luck with your coach!!!

Andrew
09-01-04, 11:19 PM
Very cool :)

Ian
09-01-04, 11:59 PM
That's very good news. I hope you both get what you need out of the deal.

chaigirl
10-07-04, 12:45 PM
I just read your post and I just want to say- Good for You!

I'm an MSW with ADHD & a coach :) It sounds like you and your coach/friend are off to a wonderful start.

chaigirl
10-07-04, 12:47 PM
I worded my reply to you, hound dog rather oddly. I mean I am an MSW w/ ADHD & I benefit from having the support and guidance of a life coach. :) (Not that I am one, at this time:)