View Full Version : Need dosage information

ADDinSRQ
06-23-11, 05:06 PM
I'm going to talk to my doc tomorrow about trying Daytrana. I'm currently having issues with Adderall lasting long enough for class and homework and I really hate Adderalls crash

Right now I'm on 20mg of Adderall IR twice daily and I'm wondering what dosage patch of Daytrana I should ask for in order to keep the same level or concentration.

trishcan
06-23-11, 07:20 PM
Sorry this isn't helpful for your questions about Daytrana, but have you and your doctor considered adding another dose of Adderall? I take it 3x a day, and I've seen others who take it 4x. Twice a day doesn't seem like it would be enough for most people...

Trooper Keith
06-23-11, 07:41 PM
It's unfortunately not possible to draw direct dose-for-dose comparisons between amphetamines and methylphenidate, and especially not for different mechanisms of release.

ADDinSRQ
06-23-11, 09:06 PM
Sorry this isn't helpful for your questions about Daytrana, but have you and your doctor considered adding another dose of Adderall? I take it 3x a day, and I've seen others who take it 4x. Twice a day doesn't seem like it would be enough for most people...

I cant add another dose. I'd never get to sleep. The concentration effects ware off faster than I'd like but the no sleeping affects last longer than I'd like

trishcan
06-23-11, 10:05 PM
I cant add another dose. I'd never get to sleep. The concentration effects ware off faster than I'd like but the no sleeping affects last longer than I'd like

Gotcha. I'm dealing with a little of that, but I've only been taking Adderall for just under a month, and hoping that gets better with time (and as I figure out how to best schedule my meds). I lose focus a good 4 hours before the physical effects subside, so I can sympathize.

Good luck with the Daytrana.