View Full Version : music

mental-case
06-25-11, 07:25 AM
how does it make you feel? and does it help you with anything? :)

freedomwriter71
06-26-11, 05:51 PM
It calms me down / relaxes me and makes less jittery

PickMeUpRoadie
06-27-11, 07:23 PM
While I'm no longer a teen (22), I always like to comment on music threads.

Music is a unique stimulus for me. While novel situations, intellectual interests, and combinations of those two are able to stimulate me; music is capable of doing more than make things interesting.

When I listen to music, every bit of noise in my brain goes quiet. But rather than be just that silencing effect--which I get with Adderall too--I get some more. My emotions are linked to the music I listen to. I listen to music that reflects my mood, and that music helps me explore what I am feeling, rather than simply trying to escape the bad feeling or relishing in the good feeling.

I'm also a musician. I have played trombone since 9th grade and went to college for it (I also sang since 4th grade, but didn't continue in college, mainly because I was the guy that had to record them :-)).

I get in the zone when I am performing for an audience. Nothing else matters, nor CAN it matter. Performing a piece creates an intense emotional bond to it, more so than anything else could. Listening to or playing that piece again gives me an emotional release stronger than even an orgasm.

I can feel the emotion better in a piece of music than I can people. I can explain any technical subject with ease, but when it comes to my emotions, I come up blank. Music allows me to communicate my feelings in a way I understand.

MrDerp
06-30-11, 04:16 PM
Music is one of the few things that helps me focus, aside from medication. I love music.

Alex9
07-01-11, 09:00 PM
I love music as well. The sad part is that often I space out in the middle of a song and miss my favorite parts of songs. It's kinda lame that I sometimes have trouble focusing on the music I love

pooka
07-01-11, 09:39 PM
I never considered myself musical until I compared my iPod playlist to my friends'. I don't play instruments, I don't sing, I can't even keep a beat. But music is constantly in my life, whether playing on my iPod or in my head. I always have some song stuck in my head, playing as a soundtrack to my life. I listen to a wide variety of music. Lyrics are especially important to me in a song, because I love words and language and I'm very much a verbally-oriented person in the way that I learn and live.

Conman
07-01-11, 11:35 PM
i cannot focus on anything unless i have music. unless it's something that is so complex i actually need to turn it off. but i do homework and study for tests with tv and itunes blaring at me. my brother's the same way. it drives our padre nuts. padre sat studying for hours in silence at a library to get A's, me and my brother study in chaos for about 30-45 minutes and get A's

Pears
07-02-11, 10:56 AM
I play piano and its the only way I can express my emotions efficiently. Music always calms me down when I start thinking too much about how much I hate add. Music is a gift from God.

pooka
07-02-11, 10:56 PM
i cannot focus on anything unless i have music. unless it's something that is so complex i actually need to turn it off. but i do homework and study for tests with tv and itunes blaring at me. my brother's the same way. it drives our padre nuts. padre sat studying for hours in silence at a library to get A's, me and my brother study in chaos for about 30-45 minutes and get A's

I'm the same way, I need background noise to get anything done. I do better studying in chaos than in absolute silence. I find quiet much more distracting, which sucks because you always have to be quiet during tests and stuff.

Conman
07-03-11, 12:11 AM
when it's quiet, my thoughts begin to wonder. only time i cant focus in chaos is like i said, if im doing or reading something complex, or if i start going with lyrics

Pears
07-05-11, 05:02 PM
Same here. I didn't really notice it till you guys said it but I seriously focus better in chaos. When its quiet I always look around and get distracted.