View Full Version : Switched back to XR20, more Ativan questions

darlingdaisy
06-27-11, 10:24 AM
so I haven't take my med every day lately because of sleep issues now.
Along with muscle tension and strange back pain. I do have a lot of tension on my left side. My cardiologist says its all in my mind and my heart is totally ok. But lately, when I have been taking my Ativan dose between 6-9 AM 1-3mg (over that period, and to make sure I dont experience anxiety from not taking it the rest of the day) to prevent the anxiety I may feel from taking my adderall around 11-1 when I start doing my homework for summer classes.
Is this ok?

Macavity224
07-09-11, 04:05 PM
so I haven't take my med every day lately because of sleep issues now.
Along with muscle tension and strange back pain. I do have a lot of tension on my left side. My cardiologist says its all in my mind and my heart is totally ok. But lately, when I have been taking my Ativan dose between 6-9 AM 1-3mg (over that period, and to make sure I dont experience anxiety from not taking it the rest of the day) to prevent the anxiety I may feel from taking my adderall around 11-1 when I start doing my homework for summer classes.
Is this ok?

I've been doing the same thing, with Ativan and Ritalin. I find that the combo works best when taken just as you take it, taking the Ativan BEFORE the Ritalin, to prevent any anxiety.

On my end, Ritalin causes massive anxiety for me. To be honest, it's not even worth taking it without a Lorazepam, because I'll literally get too anxious/angry to even be able to concentrate on anything. If I take the Lorazepam an hour or two before the Ritalin though, the anxiety will be manageable.

I'd say what you're doing is a safe combination, and many other people on the boards would agree, but again, always double check with your doctor first, ESPECIALLY if you have heart issues/heart disease (I assume you might because you said you have a cardiologist).

Good luck :)