View Full Version : Am I crazy or is there an explanation?

Pears
07-05-11, 06:24 PM
It seems I am somewha crazy, or hallucinating. I always do things and then its like I never did it. Like today my sister told me to turn on the fan for my Downs syndrome brother so I went in and turned the switch on but it didn't start spinning, so I pulled the string and it started spinning. Then my sister starts yelling at me 30 minutes later about how I never turned the fan on and my brothers hot. But I am so sure I turned it on and it started spinning but all the evidence proves I never did it. Another situation is my sister asked me to get her something and before I used to never be able to find stuff so I looked extra good and I checked the counter like 3 times amongst other things, then when my sister looked it was right there obviously on the counter. Am I hallucinating? Am I just not focusing enough? I'm confused.

littleone
07-06-11, 08:07 AM
Similar things happen to me too all the time. Like someone tells me something but when I ask him about it later he tells me he never said that but I'm 100 % sure. Or my mum asks me to do something and I'm totally sure I did it but then she says that she actually did it because I forgot. Maybe you're not focusing enough and it's like in the morning when you're still sleepy and you kinda dream that you already at breakfast but actually you're still in bed (happens to me all the time). I hope you understand what I'm trying to say =).

Pears
07-08-11, 09:15 AM
I don't know, it happened again yesterday. My sister and I were warming up our food so I took it and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, after it beeps I go and take it out and was about to eat it when my sister yells at me that it was her food, so I go to the food resting and its cold. I say how I'm sure I just put my food for 30 seconds and she says she's 100 percent sure she did. Now I could say she was wrong but after taking a look at what I thought was mine it had avacados in it which I would never put In my food, so it wa.s hers.

sighduck
07-08-11, 11:55 AM
hmm, sounds like you just having working memory issues... one of the many issues caused by adhd, i've had similar problems to, like when keys get lost, i have many times been certain i put them on the hook, only to find 2 hours later the were on my table, or in my pockets or something like that