View Full Version : Geodon anyone?

GiGi3
07-09-11, 10:42 PM
Is anyone stable on Geodon? If so, what dose do you take and do you take it all at once or divide the dose?

Really struggling with Geodon-induced mania. Moving up to 80mg. I was manic on 40mg and 60mg wasn't much different. I wasn't manic BEFORE Geodon, just unstable.

Doc suggested taking major dose at night and small dose during the day.

Since starting on Geodon I have not needed my Adderall (could be the mania!)

Would appreciate any posts or messages from Geodon users. I really am hoping to stick with this med, lose some weight and even out.

Thanks for any feedback.

Simenora
07-09-11, 11:18 PM
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99509

check this thread.

Simenora
07-09-11, 11:23 PM
from bbc
The civil settlement also relates to allegations that Pfizer paid bribes and offered lavish hospitality to healthcare providers to encourage them to prescribe four of the company's drugs. These were Bextra, an anti-inflammatory drug, Geodon, an anti-psychotic drug, Zyvox, an antibiotic and Lyrica, an epilepsy treatment.

GiGi3
07-10-11, 04:08 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me that a "mood stabilizer" would make me manic?!

Why would a doc give me Geodon if it was making me bounce off the walls. Then I am told that I just need to take a higher dose - that at lower doses it "can" make people hypomanic. At higher doses it works better on stabilization.

I was never crazy bipolar to begin with. I just have some uneven moods, mostly depression and low energy and ADHD.

Would a low dose of Lithium be better along with my low dose Adderall?

If I wasn't manic BEFORE I started Geodon, why would I be AFTER I took it?

Ugh!

Makes me not want to take any meds!