View Full Version : Question about clonazepam

Garret01
07-11-11, 11:40 AM
I was in a car accident last year in December. I had PTS and my doctor percribed me clonazepam. I've been taking it twice a day sometimes 3 times a day depending on how I feel with a dosage of .5 mg. Now, my question is I want to stop taking this medication now because I feel it it time for me to move on with this phase of my life. I've been reading about how crazy the withdrawal symptoms are and I am reaching out for someone to tell me if I am going to travel down that road myself. I am planning on tapering off, of course.

Abi
07-11-11, 12:24 PM
I hope you get 0.5 mg tablets in your part of the orld. I assume you do.

Taper SLOWLY.

Week 1 : 0.5 mg TWICE A DAY. No three times. At all

Weeks 2-3 : 0.25 mornings; 0.5 at night

Weeks 4-5 : 0.25 mornings; 0.25 at night

Weeks 6-7 : 0.25 ONCE DAILY

Week 8: 0.25 every ALTERNATE DAY

STOP

I've successfully tapered of Clonazepam (0.5 mg twice daily) doing something of this sort.

Of course, I later chose to go back on, but I have a chronic anxiety disorder and a chronic mood disorder, which isnt the case with you,

Good luck. It isn't bad if you taper slowly :)

Garret01
07-11-11, 12:31 PM
so, I have to keep taking these for about another two months?

alkalineashes
07-13-11, 06:45 PM
so, I have to keep taking these for about another two months?
some are more sensitive than others but it would be smart to due so.. I think my body has paid a price for quitting benzos abrubtly.

Abi
07-13-11, 11:15 PM
You could try tapering faster.

But its gonna be 1 month minimum, you can halve the periods I gave.

How long were you on the medication?

If < 6 months perhaps doing it over one month should be fine.

If you find withdrawals bad (stomach cramps, diarrhoea, racing heart, perspiration, anxiety and panic) you can go back to my "conservative" schedule.

Good luck

Abi
07-13-11, 11:16 PM
Oh I just checked
December to July, about 7 months.

You can do it in 1 month. Just halve the periods I gave you.