View Full Version : Uncontrollably gifted ADHD

mildadhd
07-17-11, 03:56 AM
People with ADHD

I give you the gift of uncontrollable creativity.

There may be some semi-uncontrollable creativity, with the use of some medication and/or behavioral therapy.

Best of luck,

The Creator

tired1823
07-17-11, 04:03 AM
wonder what would happen if someone just started typing anything and not editing. Just typing any words that came to mind. Someone do it...

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:16 AM
When not using medication .
I make not sense at all ,

Editing or not,

It is the same .
but different.

tired1823
07-17-11, 04:19 AM
what can you create when not medicated? I can create fiction short stories

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:19 AM
wonder what would happen if someone just started typing anything and not editing. Just typing any words that came to mind. Someone do it...

Great Idea!

Alliee.

No editing on this thread.ten so let it be done.

What is typed is typed ,
so shall it bw writ

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:20 AM

Starinng at screen.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:21 AM

Not medication.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:25 AM
wonder who the 3 guests are that are reading,

besides me and allie

At the bottom of the page.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:27 AM
Oh alley gone.

Not three guests though.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:27 AM
oh four guests

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:30 AM
I cheated and used the back space button,
secveral times
is that editing

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:31 AM
I'm feeling a little self absorbed,
what ever that means

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:31 AM
wonder what else there is to do.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:33 AM
cheating again, no funn not making sense.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:34 AM
edit, the power to edit.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:35 AM
medication I love
the end

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:36 AM
Abi thanked above

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:39 AM
It took mme an hour or so to writh eht opening post

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:39 AM
I never had so much fun by myself before....

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:40 AM
yes i did
wait 15 secs (return)
wait 1 sec (return)

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:41 AM
croller coaster, din dind ind inddda Ya Ya Ya roleer coaster

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:44 AM
everything realtes to a song sometime, what about you? the end

mildadhd
07-17-11, 04:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwFkByhlJo

Abi
07-17-11, 05:13 AM
You are ON meds right? :p

Please tell me you aren't mad at me over the gift thread too?

I genuinely think it's an important issue.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:40 AM
[quote=abi2010;1135547]You are ON meds right? :p

Please tell me you aren't mad at me over the gift thread too?

I genuinely think it's an important issue.[/quot

I thought the the thread thought provking,

Yours,

I was wondering if creative would be a better word than gift.

But each there own.

I hopr your note editing though t, then I would be mad.

Your responcer abouve looks a little to clear.....:rolleyes:

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7kDXa7lLk&feature=related

Abi
07-17-11, 05:49 AM
There's no reliable evidence (afaik) that creativity is higher amoung ADHDers than in the general population. (I *IS* slightly more common in bipolar than in NT, but I didnt get that particular gift, just the neuroses :))

I didn't edit.

Since starting Wellbutrin - makes me quite lucid.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:56 AM
There's no reliable evidence (afaik) that creativity is higher amoung ADHDers than in the general population. (I *IS* slightly more common in bipolar than in NT, but I didnt get that particular gift, just the neuroses :))

I didn't edit.

Interesting!

I thought you where very uncontrollably creative.

Since I can remember.

I almost editied

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:01 AM

I didn't edit.

Part 2

ANd..

I would think, in my mind, that the Wellbutrin, is helping with controlling some of your uncontrolable creativeness.

Bbut
what I think is that we are constantly being forced to be creative, to get out of the predicytaments we get ourselves into.

ANd how we do get ourselves out of these ADHD predicaments, we use the gift of uncontrallable creativity, in a more creative way becoming good at the art of creativity,
'
that we can't control.

without....

Blah Lah blah....

Interesting Idea not to edite.

Abi
07-17-11, 06:01 AM
I thought you where very uncontrollably creative.

:eek: what ever gave u that idea? :confused:

Abi
07-17-11, 06:04 AM
part 2 reply

i was not creative before wellbutrin, either.

ESH (rip) was super creative. I used to piggy back off his ideas and add to then. Maybe thats whyu thought i was creative.

It was never me. :)

Abi
07-17-11, 06:12 AM
People with lives are either out partying, or finished partying and sleeping it off. :(

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:16 AM
:eek: what ever gave u that idea? :confused:

Please describe how ADHD is a gift?

Your honest uncontrollable opinion?

Please.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:21 AM
People with lives are either out partying, or finished partying and sleeping it off. :(

What is partying?

I partied so much and it got me no where.

But my uncontrolable creativeness, well that got me places and other places.

Not much of a controllablr plan, but did lots of interestinng stuff.

Besides partying.

ANd I remeber them more know too.

Abi
07-17-11, 06:22 AM
I believe ADHD is not a gift in any way.

It is an illness (the technical term is disorder)

There is no difference between ADHD, Cancer or AIDS (except that the former is from birth whereas the latter 2 are acquired)

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:32 AM
I believe ADHD is not a gift in any way.

It is an illness (the technical term is disorder)

There is no difference between ADHD, Cancer or AIDS (except that the former is from birth whereas the latter 2 are acquired)

I agree ADHD is not a gift.

But I do think that peoples experiences and available skill set.

Will have creative outcomes because of the experience individual.

ADHD people are always noted for being inteligent and clever.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:41 AM
part 2 reply

ESH (rip) was super creative. I used to piggy back off his ideas and add to then. Maybe thats whyu thought i was creative.

Disagree!

Einstein said something like ,

A creative person is a person who is good at hiding where the original idea came from..

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:44 AM
part 2 reply

I agree that Esh was very uniquely super creative,

That being said Esh was also very uncontrollably super creative.

Lunacie
07-17-11, 09:00 AM
I agree ADHD is not a gift.

But I do think that peoples experiences and available skill set.

Will have creative outcomes because of the experience individual.

ADHD people are always noted for being inteligent and clever.

Um ... "always"?

I've seen lots of posters on this forum who felt dumber than a bedbug.

Even though my IQ is considered high (but not Mensa high), I've always
felt dumb and incapable of completing a thought or being clever.

Simenora
07-17-11, 11:16 AM

you want to be reading Jacques Kerouac. He never edited, typed on a roll of paper so he didn't have to stop to replace the individual sheets.

BTW Mozart wrote music in similar fashion, just wrote without revision.

Simenora
07-17-11, 11:21 AM
Um ... "always"?

Lunacie, you may feel that way but it does not make it true. We are all a little dysfunctional in a limited social paradigm sort of way but there is nobody dumb on THIS forum. Look at the level of conversation and try to find another forum with a similar tone.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 03:31 PM
Um ... "always"?

I'm a little embarrassed to honestly say,

I was up against those bedbugs in the past.

And I honestly think they are very smart.

Examples upon requests.

That being said,

I disagree with you lunacie aswell,

If a person with ADHD had a creative thought, the thought could be on any subject.

And losses focus, the forgetting of the creative thought is not a lack of intelligence but the ADHD disablity .

Intelligence is still there.

I actually think the word bumb should be banned from this site.

It has no meaning to me.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 03:46 PM
Using our intelligence and creativity...

..in a focused manner is a different topic.

Example we all can read.

But can we focus?

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:20 PM
[quote=abi2010;1135554]There's no reliable evidence (afaik) that creativity is higher amoung ADHDers than in the general population.

I wonder what the statistics are for the "uncontrollable creativity" of an ADHDer?

And the stats on creativity, created?

doiadhd
07-17-11, 05:21 PM
Maybe being special is a better term. Even though it is a broader term in wording,but has lost its true meaning. Now special is related to being forest gump-esque and not x-men special-esque. It's a gift if one knows how to use it,which is a separate gift altogether. The later being confidence and luck,with confidence the luck can be created. Creation comes from doing,to do it to try,to try is to persevere,the persevering is the hard part,aka-hyper focus,to control this is where we struggle. Round and round i went,where i stopped nobody knows. Especially me! Now that was hard work,all two minutes of trying,alias-hyper fockus.

tired1823
07-17-11, 05:29 PM
"I'm a great believer in luck. I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:38 PM
Maybe being special is a better term. Even though it is a broader term in wording,but has lost its true meaning. Now special is related to being forest gump-esque and not x-men special-esque. It's a gift if one knows how to use it,which is a separate gift altogether. The later being confidence and luck,with confidence the luck can be created. Creation comes from doing,to do it to try,to try is to persevere,the persevering is the hard part,aka-hyper focus,to control this is where we struggle. Round and round i went,where i stopped nobody knows. Especially me! Now that was hard work,all two minutes of trying,alias-hyper fockus.

Brilliant,

Simply Brilliant!

Forest Gump never seemed to be in it for himself.

Like he could not think this way?

Heavy Stuff Bro.

Need to think about this stuff.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 05:41 PM
"I'm a great believer in luck. I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks a million, sure fits the theme, of something.

Not sure what?

But it fits...

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:03 PM

In the post above.
Below is part of it.

to try is to persevere,the persevering is the hard part,aka-hyper focus,to control this is where we struggle

Anymore thoughts on persevere.

This has really caught my attention.

Before I lose it.

Anythoughts?

tired1823
07-17-11, 06:04 PM
Thanks a million, sure fits the theme, of something.

Not sure what?

But it fits...

Thanks! Glad to contribute. It was a random tidbit for a theme. My brain just works that way. That's why I like analyzing English literature.

tired1823
07-17-11, 06:07 PM
In the post above.
Below is part of it.

Before I lose it.

Anythoughts?

Persevering is the hard part. In track, I would always fall behind when we were running long distances. With adderall, later on in life, I found I could run a few miles. I had never been able to do that before. I thought I wasn't able to run for a long time because I was to lean (which didn't make sence because other girls could do it), so really it had more to do with my lack of mental effort to get in shape. Oh well, that's why I liked sprinting. Long distance was very difficult for me.

Lunacie
07-17-11, 06:24 PM
In the post above.
Below is part of it.

Before I lose it.

Anythoughts?

"Perseverance is the most overrated of traits, if it is unaccompanied by talent."
<CENTER>Sydney J. Harris</CENTER>

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:28 PM
Persevering is the hard part. In track, I would always fall behind when we were running long distances. With adderall I could run a few miles. I had never been able to do that before. I thought it was that I was not in shape, but really it had more to do with my lack of mental effort to get in shape. Oh well, that's why I liked sprinting. Long distance was very difficult for me.

Alliee,:mad::rolleyes:

What is this?????

Last edited by Alliee; Today at 05:23 PM.. http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.addforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1135876)

tired1823
07-17-11, 06:33 PM
randomness about persevering? Sorry! Ignore it!

tired1823
07-17-11, 06:38 PM
oops.. and I edited. not cool. carry on

mildadhd
07-17-11, 06:38 PM
"Perseverance is the most overrated of traits, if it is unaccompanied by talent."
<center>Sydney J. Harris</center>

Glass is half empty , (without extra surface tension volume)

Glass is half full, (with a little extra volume from surface tension)

I take my "all people with ADHD" remark back.

Because I was clearly wrong.

But I will argue that everybody has a purpose.

And Skills to meet a purpose.

Whether the purpose is clear or not clear.

doiadhd
07-17-11, 06:39 PM
<CENTER>Sydney J. Harris</CENTER>

It's not a trait,its the lack of ability to control it,thus unable to control the asset which is creativity. There is that slightly trait part of it,when it does happen it is noticeable,this is why some think we lack effort or could be lazy or lying. . .because they have seen us use it and do it,we just can't turn it on and off. So we lack the ability to control our creativity,uncontrollably. Where all the confusion is. Good thread.

tired1823
07-17-11, 06:45 PM
that's one of the difference between gifted children and gifted adhd children in a gifted program. perseverance

Lunacie
07-17-11, 07:11 PM
It's not a trait,its the lack of ability to control it,thus unable to control the asset which is creativity. There is that slightly trait part of it,when it does happen it is noticeable,this is why some think we lack effort or could be lazy or lying. . .because they have seen us use it and do it,we just can't turn it on and off. So we lack the ability to control our creativity,uncontrollably. Where all the confusion is. Good thread.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that perseverance is not a "trait"?

Or that the problem is that we lack the executive control to persevere and get things done?

I think when we have a talent or a gift for something, we're more able to persevere, and when we lack the talent for something, we find it almost impossible to persevere and get the thing done. The trick is figuring out what we can be good at and spending our energy on that rather than wasting it on things that we'll never be able to accomlish.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 07:34 PM

Or that the problem is that we lack the executive control to persevere and get things done?

I think when we have a talent or a gift for something, we're more able to persevere, and when we lack the talent for something, we find it almost impossible to persevere and get the thing done. The trick is figuring out what we can be good at and spending our energy on that rather than wasting it on things that we'll never be able to accomlish.

Oh! Boy!

I'm really nervous about the next question,

Remember that this is a free expression zone.

What is a trait?

mildadhd
07-17-11, 08:01 PM
Thanks! Glad to contribute. It was a random tidbit for a theme. My brain just works that way. That's why I like analyzing English literature.

random tidbit.

"Uncontrollably random tidbit." Section.

tired1823
07-17-11, 08:05 PM
random tidbit.

i would love that section i think. all in favor say thanks.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 08:10 PM

I think when we have a talent or a gift for something, we're more able to persevere, and when we lack the talent for something, we find it almost impossible to persevere and get the thing done. The trick is figuring out what we can be good at and spending our energy on that rather than wasting it on things that we'll never be able to accomplish.

What ever the characteristic.

The ADHD will disable the issue over time, for me.

Proper medication and/or supportand/or environment is mandatory to succeed.

Perseverance Disruption Disorder.(just joking, sort of)

mildadhd
07-17-11, 08:12 PM
What ever the characteristic.

The ADHD will disable the issue over time, for me.

Proper medication and/or support and/or environment is mandatory to succeed.

Perseverance Disruption Disorder.(just joking, sort of)

Sneaky edit.

mildadhd
07-17-11, 08:18 PM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Geronimoo Back-Y-Rita http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1135921#post1135921)
random tidbit.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

i would love that section i think. all in favor say thanks.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.addforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1135927)

Share a random fact about yourself (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83892)

Lunacie
07-18-11, 08:58 AM
Oh! Boy!

I'm really nervous about the next question,

Remember that this is a free expression zone.

What is a trait?

You answer my question first, eh?

Feel free to express yourself.

mildadhd
07-18-11, 09:01 PM
You answer my question first, eh?

Feel free to express yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by doiadhd http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1135897#post1135897)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I think when we have a talent or a gift for something, we're more able to persevere, and when we lack the talent for something, we find it almost impossible to persevere and get the thing done. The trick is figuring out what we can be good at and spending our energy on that rather than wasting it on things that we'll never be able to accomplish.-Lunacie

OK! Eh!

I think the way I would answer would be easier to express if I understood your definition of trait.

Noun

trait (plural traits (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/traits#English))

an identifying (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/identify) characteristic (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/characteristic), habit (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/habit) or trend (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trend)

I can't speak for Doiadhd,

But my understanding is the topic of "uncontrollably gifted ADHD",

is not a trait.

<center>Sydney J. Harris</center>

To be aware or unaware of personal talents,
perseverance is interrupted when accompanied by ADHD.
- Hose Head

What is executive talents?

I don't see where ADHD has any borders when it comes to talents.

The perseverance for a person with a disability, requires more perseverance than average.

And perseverance requires more than individual effort in many cases,
It requires support from others.

I can agree that interest and compatability play a role in people with ADHD lives.

But no more than any other human in general.

Example, I am really good at a ton of things, but I don't get them done either.

I can't see how traits are anything but environmental.

Carried by "genetics",

Are the environment.

Remember this is a going off thread and what is thought is suppose to be written down with out editing.

There is no right or wrong answer in this thread.

Only questions...

gypsysway
07-31-11, 02:21 PM
It's not a trait, its the lack of ability to control it, thus unable to control the asset which is creativity. There is that slightly trait part of it, when it does happen it is noticeable, this is why some think we lack effort or could be lazy or lying. . .because they have seen us use it and do it, we just can't turn it on and off. So we lack the ability to control our creativity, uncontrollably. Where all the confusion is. Good thread.

I can see why you say this. I have always been able to draw well and people think you can just sit down and draw at the drop of a hat. Not me if I am not in the mood it doesn't happen, I do lack the ability to control it in a way, I can make myself but it would be more of just art rather then creativity.

At times I would want to draw but my mind would be racing so much I can't think of what to do. So I just draw a line then another, and basically let my hand just go, and I will start seeing something in it and go with it, and it will just become. I have doodled all my life this way and can remember doing it in jr high study hall and kids near me watching and then asking when the bell rings what it is, and can they have it, saying "how cool"

My doodling looks much like tribal art and people have referred to it as so , and I am quick to reply that it is not it is just the way I have always doodled.
My avatar is actually my signature G. I just kept drawing it over and over while turning the paper then colored it.
purely random.

I so much wish I did something with my talent more often.
I have to agree with the fact stimulants make me much more creative.
I remember many years ago, when I experimented with Cocaine, while everybody else was running around wide open and talking a hundred miles an hour, they would keep asking me if I was okay, I did just the opposite, I got quiet and focus, and drew The coolest Bear in about an hour and a half that night. My x-husband still has it hanging over his fire place. Needless to say I have done a few pieces of art this way. I really disliked the stuff (cocaine) that is I think it is an evil drug that has ruined more lives than I care to think about, and often asked God in my mind why he couldn't had made something work the same way for me that was safe and I actually liked. I do not quiet get the same effects from meds as I did from the Coke, but I imagine if I were to abuse it, it may would happen, That is just not for me.

mildadhd
07-31-11, 02:35 PM
I can see why you say this. I have always been able to draw well and people think you can just sit down and draw at the drop of a hat. Not me if I am not in the mood it doesn't happen, I do lack the ability to control it in a way, I can make myself but it would be more of just art rather then creativity.

At times I would want to draw but my mind would be racing so much I can't think of what to do. So I just draw a line then another, and basically let my hand just go, and I will start seeing something in it and go with it, and it will just become. I have doodled all my life this way and can remember doing it in jr high study hall and kids near me watching and then asking when the bell rings what it is, and can they have it, saying "how cool"

My doodling looks much like tribal art and people have referred to it as so , and I am quick to reply that it is not it is just the way I have always doodled.
My avatar is actually my signature G. I just kept drawing it over and over while turning the paper then colored it.
purely random.

I so much wish I did something with my talent more often.
I have to agree with the fact stimulants make me much more creative.
I remember many years ago, when I experimented with Cocaine, while everybody else was running around wide open and talking a hundred miles an hour, they would keep asking me if I was okay, I did just the opposite, I got quiet and focus, and drew The coolest Bear in about an hour and a half that night. My x-husband still has it hanging over his fire place. Needless to say I have done a few pieces of art this way. I really disliked the stuff (cocaine) that is I think it is an evil drug that has ruined more lives than I care to think about, and often asked God in my mind why he couldn't had made something work the same way for me that was safe and I actually liked. I do not quiet get the same effects from meds as I did from the Coke, but I imagine if I were to abuse it, it may would happen, That is just not for me.

Thanks , I can draw/carve really good to, but I find it hard to use my talents too.

I would never try coke because I know I would like it to much.
Or any other hard drugs.

Thanks for your experiences,

You pretty much have the idea of the thread.

tired1823
07-31-11, 02:43 PM
I love this thread. The beginning is great.

Lunacie
07-31-11, 06:00 PM
>
I think the way I would answer would be easier to express if I understood your definition of trait.

Noun

trait (plural traits (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/traits#English))

an identifying (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/identify) characteristic (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/characteristic), habit (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/habit) or trend (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trend)

I can't speak for Doiadhd,

But my understanding is the topic of "uncontrollably gifted ADHD",

is not a trait.

Doiadhd said, "It's not a trait,its the lack of ability to control it".

The lack of executive control is what I consider a primary trait of ADHD. My definition of "trait" is pretty much what you posted ... A characteristic, especially one that distinguishes an individual from others.