View Full Version : Scotland! :-)

littlefidget
07-24-11, 02:55 PM
Just haven't seen a Scotland thread on the forums. I know awareness/support for ADHD in the UK is a bit dire, and it seems even worse specifically in Scotland. So, yeah... :D

salleh
07-24-11, 06:39 PM
HI LF, there are a few more folks around here from Scotland, and they might be able to help if you need to find out things pertinent to your country .....

As for me, I dearly love Scotland .....been there 3 times, and actually I was married there, in Jedburough....( Gretna Green was too obvious for me) ....I have awakened in midwinter to see snow around the harbor on Skye, driven across the Great Glen in a blinding blizzard, been spooked by driving down Glen Coe, watched for Nessie every single foot of the way down Loch Ness....

.....Slept in a small croft beside the beautiful Loch Lomond......went to the 10 year anniversary at Eden Court theater, where there was a pipe and drum corp playing inside the theater, and in between acts the MC made snide remarks about the lowlanders and Sachenachs..( spelling ?) which just cracked me up ......been to the wonderful "camera obscura" in Edinbourough ......

....Have NOT eaten haggis.....I love Scotland, but I do draw the line somewhere.....oh and the water in Edinbourough ....how cold and how sweet ......went to a demonstration of court dances from the 15th century to the 19th at the Queen's Theater, with musicians playing the correct instrument for the era they were showing ...and what a room it was in .....3 enourmous chandiliers, far and away the largest I have ever seen, and the room was mirrored on 2 opposing walls floor to ceiling, so you saw endless chandoliers, getting smaller and smaller into the distance .....

......drove all the way to John O' Groats ( ? all; of a sudden I can't remember that name ) and what I loved was that on the map, you'd see a long squiggle with nothing around it, and there in the middle of nowhere would be a little red box on the map, and sure enough, in the exact right place, on a lonely road, in the middle of no where, would be a phone box !

....and those single lane roads, what a hoot, in perfect condition, but only one lane wide, not one lane each way mind you, one lane.... period ......there are "bump outs" every 1/4 of a mile or so, and if you saw a car coming at you, you'd try to time it so you'd both reach it at the same time .....and the driver's acknowledge each other with simply lifting their index finger of the right hand from the wheel ......and perhaps a nod .....

Scotland ? .....ya, I love the place.....