View Full Version : how is desoxyn for motivation?

Djo77
08-05-11, 11:03 AM
Hello there,

I would like to know how Desoxyn works for you for motivation.
If you have tried Ritalin how does it compare?
How does it compare to the rest of Ritalin? Energy, allertness, focus, short term memory etc.
For you do you also get nervousness, restlessness and anxiety at higher doses? (non recreational but higher than average). I experience this with Ritalin.

Answer as many as you see fit. Any answers are greatly appreciated :)

If you need any more info just ask.

Macavity224
08-10-11, 10:12 AM
Any stimulant will give you motivation when you first start taking it. Desoxyn, being the strongest pharmaceutical stimulant available (at least I think so?) will be great for this. But the motivation eventually does wear off after you've taken the drug regularly for a little while.

This is what confused me when I first started Adderall. I thought that the euphoria from the first 3-4 days of use was what the medication was SUPPOSED to do. After it wore off, I wanted to keep dosing higher and higher, but then I realized the point of Adderall (or any ADD med) isn't to motivate you or make you feel great (even though they inevitably will), but to help you concentrate and get things done.

FocusPocus10
08-23-11, 09:22 PM
Any stimulant will give you motivation when you first start taking it. Desoxyn, being the strongest pharmaceutical stimulant available (at least I think so?) will be great for this. But the motivation eventually does wear off after you've taken the drug regularly for a little while.

This is what confused me when I first started Adderall. I thought that the euphoria from the first 3-4 days of use was what the medication was SUPPOSED to do. After it wore off, I wanted to keep dosing higher and higher, but then I realized the point of Adderall (or any ADD med) isn't to motivate you or make you feel great (even though they inevitably will), but to help you concentrate and get things done.

Adderall though, many say, consistently "makes you wanna work". Whereas dexedrine is more of a "makes you wanna relax" and "allows you to work" kinda thing. I'm wondering where desoxyn falls into this spectrum as well? I'd assume more similar to dexedrine, but Idk?

StoicNate
08-23-11, 09:51 PM
Desoxyn is just methylated Dexedrine, so it lasts longer but might not have that motivation kick like Adderall or Ritalin.

Macavity224
08-24-11, 09:14 PM
Desoxyn is just methylated Dexedrine, so it lasts longer but might not have that motivation kick like Adderall or Ritalin.

Ritalin motivated you? It made me depressed...

FocusPocus10
08-24-11, 10:24 PM
Ritalin motivated you? It made me depressed...

how about desoxyn? I'm hoping it has some motivational effects. Not motivational in the sense that it makes you 'want' to work, but really facilitates it. I think dexedrine glues you to whatever you're doing, but I wouldn't call it motivation. If I get glued to the TV, then that's called lazy not motivated!

Honeybadger
08-24-11, 11:04 PM
Some serious confusion in here. Not all stimulants will help. In fact, most of them shouldn't help. They all work on a different section of your prefrontal cortex, boosting dopamine in specific areas via their preferred method of function.

While some meds work for some people, they may have the exact opposite in others. For example, I have normal dopamine in the area of my PFC where Adderall works. So adderall makes me feel overstimulated as hell.

There's a misconception that ADD means that your dopamine is low all over. But were this the case, there wouldn't be a need for so many various medications. Once the radioisotope for tagging dopamine was created, doctors learned a lot about how ADD tends to target specific portions of the PFC, which is why people respond so differently to medication.

Desoxyn is, to be blunt, Methamphetamine. Straight up meth. The difference between it and street meth is that it's much, much more pure, much more consistent, with much more quality control, in much smaller doses, and is administered in a different manner than as used for recreation, resulting in longer lasting, though not as immediate or potent (which is what we actually want) effects.

It's not just dexedrine that's been methylated. While the type of chemical composition of dexedrine is closer to desoxyn, the area of the brain it affects is closer to adderall (hence why dexedrine makes up about 75% of adderall) while desoxyn has been shown to be closer to ritalin or provigil.

For me, desoxyn is rather neutral. I'm playing with my dosages, however, working around 15-20mg once or twice a day. Ritalin works on my physical tics, but not my motivation or concentration, and all I've noticed thusfar (I haven't been taken desoxyn very long) is that desoxyn doesn't work on my tics. But it also doesn't make me feel overstimulated.

sarahsweets
08-25-11, 06:06 AM
I don't even think desoxyn should be considered except in severe cases. ( like Honeybadger )

FocusPocus10
08-25-11, 06:47 AM
I don't even think desoxyn should be considered except in severe cases. ( like Honeybadger )

Define severe? And why not? You seem to be very biased against this medication without being the least bit informed about it. That's a dangerous combo and I suggest reading up on it before making such bold claims.

sarahsweets
08-25-11, 07:11 AM
I'm not biased in the sense that stimulants are taboo I'm just saying that it is one of the LAST line of treatments. What bold claims? They are opinions. A claim would be "everyone who uses desoxyn will be a junkie " I didn't say that. What mediations have you tried besides dexedrine? What doses?

Macavity224
08-25-11, 09:35 AM
I think the point she's trying to make is that it's an absolute last resort...if you were a psych, would you prescribe an MAOI before trying SSRI's or Tricyclic's? It's the same concept.

FocusPocus10
08-25-11, 12:20 PM
I'm not biased in the sense that stimulants are taboo I'm just saying that it is one of the LAST line of treatments. What bold claims? They are opinions. A claim would be "everyone who uses desoxyn will be a junkie " I didn't say that. What mediations have you tried besides dexedrine? What doses?

Dexedrine IR - 40mg (4 * 10mg)
Adderall IR - 40mg
Dex Spansules - 15mg twice daily
Vyvanse - 70mg daily + 10mg IR dex after dinner
focalin - 20mg IR daily
concerta - 54mg daily
ritalin - 40mg IR daily
Wellbutrin - dont remember the dose
Adderall XR - 30mg daily

probably some others that I'm forgetting, however, I don't know what you think I should try besides this. I could increase my dose of dexedrine to 60mg IR daily or something, however, I'd suffer unbearable side effects and still be spacing out at work all day. Not trying to do that.

twinch42085
08-25-11, 12:29 PM
Hello there,

I would like to know how Desoxyn works for you for motivation.
If you have tried Ritalin how does it compare?
How does it compare to the rest of Ritalin? Energy, allertness, focus, short term memory etc.
For you do you also get nervousness, restlessness and anxiety at higher doses? (non recreational but higher than average). I experience this with Ritalin.

Answer as many as you see fit. Any answers are greatly appreciated :)

If you need any more info just ask.
Desoxyn never motivated me. As StoicNate stated in his post, Desoxyn is nothing more than a long acting version of Dexedrine.

Adderall causes people to believe that their ADD is being controlled from the euphoria they are experiencing....tisk tisk tisk.

That goes away and leaves them thinking that the medicine doesn't work anymore. It definitely is STILL working.

Methedrine could be stronger than Desoxyn, but it is not prescribed anymore.......

relax21
08-25-11, 01:29 PM
Methedrine could be stronger than Desoxyn, but it is not prescribed anymore

Methedrine and Desoxyn are both synonyms for methamphetamine HCl; they're different brand names manufactured by different pharmaceutical laboratories. Before the '90s methamphetamine HCl had about 25 pharmaceutical brand names including combinations (ie. Obetrol, Syndrox, Pervitin, Anadrex etc. etc. etc..). Methedrine, however, did come in a free-base formula (ampoule) that was meant for injection. But I doubt injecting methamphetamine HCl would do any good for means of ADHD treatment.

twinch42085
08-25-11, 01:58 PM
Methedrine and Desoxyn are both synonyms for methamphetamine HCl; they're different brand names manufactured by different pharmaceutical laboratories. Before the '90s methamphetamine HCl had about 25 pharmaceutical brand names including combinations (ie. Obetrol, Syndrox, Pervitin, Anadrex etc. etc. etc..). Methedrine, however, did come in a free-base formula (ampoule) that was meant for injection. But I doubt injecting methamphetamine HCl would do any good for means of ADHD treatment.
I kinda thought they might be related, but was unsure. Thanks for the information.

What is the stimulant medicine that is found in nasal sprays. I can't think of the name. I read an article saying that addicts who couldn't get street meth would buy the nasal spray and chew on the cotton like material to get the euphoric feeling??? Any Idea

Thanks

relax21
08-25-11, 03:04 PM
What is the stimulant medicine that is found in nasal sprays. I can't think of the name. I read an article saying that addicts who couldn't get street meth would buy the nasal spray and chew on the cotton like material to get the euphoric feeling??? Any Idea

Benzedrex inhalers contain a psychostimulant called hexahydromethamphetamine also known as propylhexedrine. After amphetamines were placed on the DEAs controlled substance list the popular inhaler "Benzedrine", which contained racemic amphetamine, had to replace the active ingredient with hexahydromethamphetamine which is not a controlled substance. Benzedrex is still available as an OTC and people do abuse the drug either orally or intravenously. I don't know how it compares to amphetamine or methamphetamine in terms of ADHD treatment but I seriously doubt there's any clinical studies on it.

DISCLAIMER: I do not endorse the use or abuse of Benzedrex as a replacement for FDA approved stimulants. Always use Benzedrex or any other medication as prescribed or directed. Be safe.

Honeybadger
08-28-11, 03:09 AM
Define severe? And why not? You seem to be very biased against this medication without being the least bit informed about it. That's a dangerous combo and I suggest reading up on it before making such bold claims.

Read my post above hers. Desoxyn is just pharmaceutical grade meth. Do we -really- need to explain why this med is serious? The potential for abuse is huge in the hands of people who don't need it.

Desoxyn is also absurdly expensive (like $600/bottle expensive) and many insurance companies will either flat out deny coverage of it, insist that your doses be limited to levels that rarely even help, or make you and your doctor jump through seventeen flaming hoops to get it. Not to mention your pharmacy will always have to order it just for you.

It's a great med, for some people. But it shouldn't be considered unless you are at the "end of the line" when it comes to all the other stimulant medications.

twinch42085
08-29-11, 05:44 AM
Desoxyn is just pharmaceutical grade meth. Do we -really- need to explain why this med is serious? The potential for abuse is huge in the hands of people who don't need it.

Desoxyn IS dextro-methamphetamine.

Looking past the relationship that coincides with the term "meth" and "pharmaceutical grade", Desoxyn shouldn't be looked at as "meth", because IT IS NOT Meth.

Desoxyn only contains the dextro isomer of the amphetamine molecule that is bonded to a methyl group.

"Meth" contains the dextro isomer and the levo isomer, making it stronger than Desoxyn.

Truthfully there is probably only 5% amphetmine in "Meth" and the other 95% are adulterants that serve no purpose except making "Meth" the horrible drug that it is, thus; causing others who might benefit from Desoxyn to be left at the bus stop in the rain because doctors believe they will abuse it like "crystal meth".

Im here to say that Desoxyn's abuse potential compared to "crystal meth's" abuse potential is far less abusing in my opinion.

Desoxyn is a strong stimulant with strong side effects. I know this from experience.

But I had no thought of abusing Desoxyn.

Crystal Meth is completely different in it's chemical make-up and function on the body. Entirely different ball game. Yes, I have tried it orally before. But I had and still have a strong will to say no to things that can keep me from living a happy life.

Abusing Desoxyn compared to abusing crystal meth don't even correlate completely. There is no justice for abusing any medicine.

And this is why we struggle with finding medicines that work for our ailments.

relax21
08-29-11, 09:37 AM
Looking past the relationship that coincides with the term "meth" and "pharmaceutical grade", Desoxyn shouldn't be looked at as "meth", because IT IS NOT Meth.

Desoxyn only contains the dextro isomer of the amphetamine molecule that is bonded to a methyl group.

"Meth" contains the dextro isomer and the levo isomer, making it stronger than Desoxyn.

Racemic methamphetamine is not stronger than D-Methamphetamine. When the DEA tests the purity of Meth on the street they're looking at if it's cut with anything and how much Dextro-methamphetamine is involved in it's make up. The more Dextro-methamphetamine is found the purer and more potent the drug is. So if you look at Racemic Methamphetamine (Half dextro; Half levo; 50:50 ratio) it's considered only 50% pure because it consists of 50% Dextromethamphetamine. Meth addicts don't want Levo-methamphetamine they want pure Dextro-methamphetamine because it is much more potent. Also, L-Methamphetamine is weaker than than L-Amphetamine but D-Methamphetamine is stronger than D-Amphetamine.

So, Desoxyn being D-methamphetamine is stronger than racemic methamphetamine. However, the most potent methamphetamine on the street is crystalized methamphetamine (Crystal Meth) and is either inhaled or injected by addicts for a more intense and longer lasting high. Crystal Meth is considered the "Crack" version of Methamphetamine and contains a very high amount of D-methamphetamine.

TygerSan
08-29-11, 09:56 AM
What makes street "meth" different than desoxyn is much more *how* it's used rather than what it is. That goes for *all* of the psychostimulants, including ritalin (methylphenidate): Ingestion in pill form as directed is thereapeutic, any other route of administration is abuse and will get you high. The faster the drug reaches the brain, the more of a rush you feel. . . because the pill has to be digested, that's the *slowest* way the drug reaches the brain.

Racemic d-methamphetamine is not necessarily stronger than d-methamphetamine (in fact, I would tend to say that it's *weaker*). . . the d isomer tends to be more biologically active than the l isomer (though this is not always the case). . . that's why people take focalin instead of ritalin (focalin is d-methylphenidate), and is the major difference between Adderall and Dexedrine (Dexedrine is purely d-amphetamine, Adderall is a mixture of d and l amphetamine salts of different types).

Honeybadger
08-29-11, 03:36 PM
Desoxyn IS dextro-methamphetamine.

Truthfully there is probably only 5% amphetmine in "Meth" and the other 95% are adulterants that serve no purpose except making "Meth" the horrible drug that it is, thus; causing others who might benefit from Desoxyn to be left at the bus stop in the rain because doctors believe they will abuse it like "crystal meth".

Im here to say that Desoxyn's abuse potential compared to "crystal meth's" abuse potential is far less abusing in my opinion.

Desoxyn is a strong stimulant with strong side effects. I know this from experience.

But I had no thought of abusing Desoxyn.

Crystal Meth is completely different in it's chemical make-up and function on the body. Entirely different ball game. Yes, I have tried it orally before. But I had and still have a strong will to say no to things that can keep me from living a happy life.

Abusing Desoxyn compared to abusing crystal meth don't even correlate completely. There is no justice for abusing any medicine.

And this is why we struggle with finding medicines that work for our ailments.

This is a semantic argument about something we agree on. The potential for abuse is there, but not when prescribed to people with ADD who actually need it.

And you're getting your chemistry mixed up. The levo isomer has no CNS impact nor addictive properties. They use it in inhalers...

Of course crystal meth is worse. It's not quality controlled, it's cut with god knows what, it's not administered ORALLY and it's administered in much higher doses.

Desoxyn is a fine medication. But it has its risks when abused.

twinch42085
08-30-11, 11:54 AM
Crystal Meth is considered the "Crack" version of Methamphetamine and contains a very high amount of D-methamphetamine.

In lieu of your response I agree that levo-amphetamine is weaker then dextro-amphetamine. l-amp acts as a selective releasing agent of norepinephrine and has little effect on dopamine, but the stimulant effects from norepinephrine produce physical stimulation rather than mental stimulation.

The fight or flight response mechanism that is also caused from norepinephrine is the effect of adrenaline rushing through the bloodstream. l-amp by itself can produce increased wakefulness and focus, but not at the same levels as d-amp and not on the CNS. l-amp works on the Peripheral Nervous System.

Crystal meth can indeed be taken orally. Yes, it is white crystallized shards of what seems to be pieces of broken glass, but the effects when digested rather than other means of taking it produce effects at a much slower rate.

I completely agree if anyone was to administer desoxyn or crystal meth any other way then for certain they would be setting themselves up for an addiction.

My apologies if I offend --- But Crystal Meth should not be referred to as "Crack" version of methamphetamine. I say this only because Crack and Meth are two entirely different substances. Im assuming your referring to the way that it is administered right? Cocaine is time consuming with the constant redosing of the drug. Meth is 12 hours of bruxism.

relax21
08-30-11, 01:53 PM
My apologies if I offend --- But Crystal Meth should not be referred to as "Crack" version of methamphetamine. I say this only because Crack and Meth are two entirely different substances.

I understand the confusion. By "crack" version of methamphetamine I'm not referring directly to crack-cocaine. I was making up an example so people understand ie. cocaine is to crack as methamphetamine is to crystal meth.

Crack-cocaine is much more potent than Cocaine (powder form). Whereas, Crystal-Methamphetamine (a pure smokeable/intravenous form of d-methamphetamine) is more potent than Methamphetamine (a powder form of d-methamphetamine or d,l-methamphetamine). So, if you catch my drift, Crystal-Meth is the "Crack" version of Methamphetamine.

As others have said the drugs potency is largely based on its route of administration and how pure it is. So, inhalation and intravenous methods (Crack or Crystal) are far superior compared with insufflation or oral methods (Coke or Meth) when it comes to how fast the molecule reaches the brain thus the intensity of the drug.

For our purposes, Desoxyn is not Crystal-Methamphetamine; it is Methamphetamine.

In lieu of your response I agree that levo-amphetamine is weaker then dextro-amphetamine. l-amp acts as a selective releasing agent of norepinephrine and has little effect on dopamine, but the stimulant effects from norepinephrine produce physical stimulation rather than mental stimulation...

Levo-Methamphetamine is weaker than Levo-Amphetamine, however, Dextro-Methamphetamine is stronger than Dextro-Amphetamine.

You are correct to say that Levo-Amphetamine is weaker than Dextro-Amphetamine on the CNS.

Honeybadger
09-03-11, 08:03 PM
L-methamphetamine is completely harmless on the CNS. L-meth in the street drug is an impurity, though there is a street idea that the right amount of L-meth will work with the D-meth to make a weaker, but "smoother" high. I'm unaware if there has been any laboratory testing of this theory.

tambourine-man
10-04-11, 05:17 PM
Here is the difference (from someone who, unfortunately, knows all too well)...

Desoxyn comes in 5mg tablets intended for oral consumption. It is pharmaceutically pure.

Street meth is intended to get you high, that is why it is manufactured and sold. Tweakers will commonly inject up to 500mg in a single go.

Injection or inhalation results in a massive quantity of methamphetamine crossing the blood brain barrier almost instantly.

Recreational users go days without food or sleep and often experience terrifying psychosis. That is why they look like hell.

It would be pretty difficult to get 500mg of Desoxyn to enter the brain instantly and produce the classic meth high.

Bouncingoffwall
11-23-11, 04:02 PM
I had a gram a day regimen of biker-brand "desoxyn" back in college, with pretty devastating life consequences. It produces such a profound effect on the brain's reward system compared to its lesser analogues.

If I was a pdoc, I would NEVER prescribe it to someone with ANY substance abuse history, including nonstimulants. It's actually far stronger than the street stuff, being 100% pure d-isomer. Pure, 100% prescription dope, and completely overkill for most (excluding rare exceptions like honeybadger).

Adderall does the job for me without nearly as much as the "fun factor."

Sure, meth may give you that extra boost in motivation and mood, but it won't last. A drug won't give you ambition and drive when it just isn't there. I strive to meet my meds halfway when "getting things done."

I'll just watch the mother on "Requiem For A Dream" when I need a gentle reminder of what Desoxyn can do to you.

tambourine-man
11-23-11, 08:41 PM
I had a gram a day regimen of biker-brand "desoxyn" back in college, with pretty devastating life consequences.

I have bolded your main problems right here. I'm not surprised you faced devastating life consequences. My entire month's prescription of Desoxyn amounts to only a half gram. You were taking an entire gram in one day, manufactured by "bikers."

Before you go criticizing the therapeutic use of Desoxyn, I have a little challenge for you. Take a thousand mgs of Adderall everyday for a month. See if you face "disastrous life consequences."

Oh, I hope you can detect my sarcasm. Don't really take that much Adderall... but don't condemn the therapeutic use of low doses of Desoxyn either.

Bouncingoffwall
11-23-11, 09:26 PM
Oh, I hope you can detect my sarcasm. Don't really take that much Adderall... but don't condemn the therapeutic use of low doses of Desoxyn either.

Not condemning a low therapeutic dose. Too much of anything one thing is bad for you (some more than others). If you're aware of what it is and committed to using it responsibly, that's cool. I believe most people would be ill-advised to take it, however. At 200 lbs body weight, 40 mg of Adderall (15mg bid) was too much and I had to back off to 30-35 mg.

Taking a gram of Adderall would probably kill me as opposed to meth. The NE/Peripheral Nervous system activation is much more powerful with amp as opposed to methamp. My heart would likely go kaput or I'd suffer from some sort of hypertensive crisis/stroke.

Methamphetamine has a very "clean" dopaminergic effect and does not trigger nearly as much PNI response. It's mostly cognitive and produces profound euphoria at a modest dose without the jittery, heart-palpitating side effects. It's very easy to taste what that euphoria is like and start asking your pdoc to "up" your dose. It's that reinforcing.

Granted, my use for it became quickly recreational. But I certainly didn't start at 1 g a day. It was far lower than that. It would've been worse orally, because oral ingestion has more longevity and is so much smoother than other routes of ingestion.

tambourine-man
11-23-11, 09:42 PM
Not condemning a low therapeutic dose. Too much of anything one thing is bad for you (some more than others). If you're aware of what it is and committed to using it responsibly, that's cool. I believe most people would be ill-advised to take it, however. At 200 lbs body weight, 40 mg of Adderall (15mg bid) was too much and I had to back off to 30-35 mg.

Taking a gram of Adderall would probably kill me as opposed to meth. The NE/Peripheral Nervous system activation is much more powerful with amp as opposed to methamp. My heart would likely go kaput or I'd suffer from some sort of hypertensive crisis/stroke.

Methamphetamine has a very "clean" dopaminergic effect and does not trigger nearly as much PNI response. It's mostly cognitive and produces profound euphoria at a modest dose without the jittery, heart-palpitating side effects. It's very easy to taste what that euphoria is like and start asking your pdoc to "up" your dose. It's that reinforcing.

Granted, my use for it became quickly recreational. But I certainly didn't start at 1 g a day. It was far lower than that. It would've been worse orally, because oral ingestion has more longevity and is so much smoother than other routes of ingestion.

Sorry for the sarcasm. I just don't think it is appropriate to compare Desoxyn to a street drug. Even pure street meth, measured into 5mg doses would be a poor comparison, because no one buys street meth to take in therapeutic doses.

I often read comments from people who say that their crystal meth addiction ruined their life, therefore Desoxyn is bad. However, Methamphetamine is quite rare in Europe, yet there are many Europeans who have been devastated by street speed. Their high just lacks a methyl group.

All amphetamines are abusable, if you are inclined to abuse them.

However, I do understand how levoamphetamine can be a deterrent to heavy abuse. Yet I also know that if all street speed was racemic, we would still have speed freaks. Some people are just partial to amphetamine highs, and lack the willpower to resist temptation.

I live in Kansas. We have a big meth problem here. The favored brand would seem to be "Annie," which is racemic methamphetamine manufactured with anhydrous ammonia. Local speed freaks say the prefer Annie because it has a stronger "tweak." The tweak they describe is the result of the levo-, which produces a far speedier high.

I think most of local dopers would scoff at 5mg tablets of Desoxyn. They would have to to find a way to reduce and filter a 100 pills to obtain a desirable shot. There is really no comparison.

Oh, and I HATE speed freaks.

Bouncingoffwall
11-24-11, 04:50 AM
Racemic methamphetamine is not stronger than D-Methamphetamine. When the DEA tests the purity of Meth on the street they're looking at if it's cut with anything and how much Dextro-methamphetamine is involved in it's make up. The more Dextro-methamphetamine is found the purer and more potent the drug is. So if you look at Racemic Methamphetamine (Half dextro; Half levo; 50:50 ratio) it's considered only 50% pure because it consists of 50% Dextromethamphetamine. Meth addicts don't want Levo-methamphetamine they want pure Dextro-methamphetamine because it is much more potent. Also, L-Methamphetamine is weaker than than L-Amphetamine but D-Methamphetamine is stronger than D-Amphetamine.

So, Desoxyn being D-methamphetamine is stronger than racemic methamphetamine. However, the most potent methamphetamine on the street is crystalized methamphetamine (Crystal Meth) and is either inhaled or injected by addicts for a more intense and longer lasting high. Crystal Meth is considered the "Crack" version of Methamphetamine and contains a very high amount of D-methamphetamine.

This is a more accurate view of the big picture.

If you wanted to get high, and had the choice between crystal street meth and straight, pure d-methamphetamine, the desoxyn would be a no-brainer. L-meth is pretty much ineffective for anything other than a decongestant. Meth also gets vaporized and inhaled as well. There are ways you could abuse the pills through other methods than oral ingestion. I won't say anything else on that matter.

A powerful stimulant like meth is like a gun - in the wrong hands, someone's getting hurt, or worse, dead. Only responsible people who intend to take it as directed, have very strong willpower, and are closely supervised by their doctor should even consider it; and this is after exhausting ALL other options.

Bouncingoffwall
11-24-11, 05:03 AM
The tweak they describe is the result of the levo-, which produces a far speedier high.

Not the levo. Levo is nothing more than decongestant, totally worthless for any purpose - recreational, therapeutic, or otherwise. That "speediness" comes from cut/adulterants such as pseudoephedrine, crushed adderall tabs, ephedrine, caffeine...they'll basically throw any other stim or stim-like substance in there they can to stretch the supply.

When I used very pure crystal, it was mostly the d-type as I perceived from the effect. There was no jitter, no palpitation, no tension, and it was almost sedating. I could fall asleep on it. But yet, I was very euphoric (because of my ridiculous dosage level). What was even stranger was that everyone would be jumping around and talking a lot while I'd be zoned out and relaxed. That probably has more to do with my ADHD stimulant paradox than anything else.

I think most of local dopers would scoff at 5mg tablets of Desoxyn. They would have to to find a way to reduce and filter a 100 pills to obtain a desirable shot. There is really no comparison.

Oh, and I HATE speed freaks.

I agree with this. Although many would be desperate enough to get a bunch of pills and extract the active ingredient with a simple solvent extraction. And I'm guessing you won't be attending a Hell's Angels gathering anytime soon. :p

tambourine-man
11-25-11, 04:39 PM
Not the levo. Levo is nothing more than decongestant, totally worthless for any purpose - recreational, therapeutic, or otherwise. That "speediness" comes from cut/adulterants such as pseudoephedrine, crushed adderall tabs, ephedrine, caffeine...they'll basically throw any other stim or stim-like substance in there they can to stretch the supply.

When I used very pure crystal, it was mostly the d-type as I perceived from the effect. There was no jitter, no palpitation, no tension, and it was almost sedating. I could fall asleep on it. But yet, I was very euphoric (because of my ridiculous dosage level). What was even stranger was that everyone would be jumping around and talking a lot while I'd be zoned out and relaxed. That probably has more to do with my ADHD stimulant paradox than anything else.

I agree with this. Although many would be desperate enough to get a bunch of pills and extract the active ingredient with a simple solvent extraction. And I'm guessing you won't be attending a Hell's Angels gathering anytime soon. :p

L-amp, in and of itself, has little recreational value. L-amp and d-amp together is a different story. They work together in the brain. L-amp is primarily a PNS stimulant and is responsible for a good deal of the physical buzz. Ask anyone who has tried both Adderall and Dexedrine which provides a buzzier kick-in-the-pants.

The "tweak" recreational users talk about is the result of a dirtier, racemic product, which creates obsessiveness, excess physical stimulation, and the notorious tweaking (tinckering, carpet farming, taking things apart and putting them back together, etc...). Some of these "tweakers" seem to be chronically masochistic and enjoy pushing their bodies and minds to the edge.

Chemist1957
12-26-11, 01:35 AM
Methamphetamine is an anphetamine with a methyl group added, making the molecule much more biologically active.
Street meth is not even real meth. It's a methamphetamine analog. Meaning it's structure in like the meth molecule. Most street meth is created by the pseudophed/ephedrine reduction process. Which produces an much more additive anolog and to make matters worse for the user the toxic/corrosive chemicals used to create it are never washed out of the end product. This increases the toxicity of the drug. Since the user inhales it up the nose and into the sinuses, just a couple of mm from the brain. You do yhe math. I'm a Hazardous Materials Specialist for the fire department. I have decommissioned over 200 meth labs. That is why Desoxyn is so much safer.

I have ADHD and have been on Ritilan for more than 30 years. A few years age I walked into a toxic cloud at work, resulting in a tramatic brain injury. Now my symtoms are back even at a higher dose of Ritilan (60mg/day).
I am thinking about trying Desoxyn to see if Ican regain control over my life.

I apologize for my writing and spelling I'm having to learn to write again.