View Full Version : Mac organizing software: Omnifocus or something else?

historydoll
08-05-11, 03:01 PM
I've been using Omnifocus for a while, and there are things about it I really like. On the other hand, it's very complex and sometimes that's off-putting. Anybody having any luck with a different organizing tool: Mac, cross-platform, or web-based?

Twelve
08-13-11, 03:47 PM
i've been using wunderlist, a very simple to do list that syncs with my mac, ipad, and android phone. it's almost too simple -- all it can do is make plain to do lists, let you red flag priorities and set reminders. but that simplicity is the huge draw for me. i've tried Things and Omnifocus and just get overwhelmed by the complexity of those systems. I think just in general "organizing software" requires too much time worrying about cataloguing everything you've got to do and when you're going to do it, rather than being just a quick place to jot things down so you have a rough but accessible idea of what needs to be done.

The only issue w/ Wunderlist for me is not syncing with google calendar or ical. and as seamless/thought-free the syncing is it does require an internet connection, which hasn't really been a huge problem for since i've been using the program, but i've experienced extended outages in the past and i don't like the feeling of my life hanging in the balance of a decent reception.

Yaaziel
08-26-11, 12:45 PM
I've been using Things synced with my iCal and iMail. I like how all three work with each other, and you can drag emails into Things and iCal's to do list and calendar. It's important to have it all in one place, even if it's entered from different places.

My only issue is when the computer is off, what do I do? Can't afford an iPad or iPhone (dumped all my $$$ into the Macbook). I rely on a little notebook (i.e. paper) LOL