View Full Version : 3rd day of adderall - mood change

ehow_7
08-11-11, 01:32 AM
I'm 18 and just started taking adderall (10mg / day) I'm currently on my 3rd day and I'm curious about a personality change I've noticed... I've always being kind of weird and I can already tell that I am just out of it... I'm not really myself (whether that's a good or a bad thing...) but I do feel as though I'm just moping around or for lack of a better word, boring. My boyfriend has commented on it and I was wondering, if it is a common side effect, and also if it will go away? Any info / personal experiences would help! Thanks in advance :)

Alex9
08-12-11, 08:57 PM
Adderall kinda dulls me too. I've always been quirky and funny but when I take adderall I definitely lose some of that. Also, sometimes it's hard for me to have conversations on adderall because I just can't think of anything interesting to say. However, I've also found that if I get lots of sleep and stay well rested than adderall actually helps me socially because it gives me slightly more energy than I would have normally. If I don't get enough sleep on adderall though it makes me zombieish. Also I feel as though it gets less noticeable over time.

So just make sure you sleep enough and just wait a month or two and hopefully you'll be more like yourself.