View Full Version : Avocado & Milk & Sugar

Hathor
08-14-11, 03:55 PM
Sounds crazy but is delicious. Probably not as good with white sugar though, I always use brown.

Real easy, just put the avocado flesh in a bowl, broken into bite size chuncks.

top with milk and sugar like breakfast cereal :)

kathrynsmathryn
10-27-11, 02:04 PM
Oh my gosh, I love this. I've had it a little bit different though. My mother-in-law makes it with milk, sugar (white, I think), avocado chunks, and banana chunks. Also, she serves it ice cold. Such a good treat in the summer, yum! :)

StoicNate
10-27-11, 05:53 PM
Ewww. I would never put sugar/milk/cereal on Avocados...that's just wrong.

I love eating Avocados with salt and pepper and bread with mayo. And Tea.

I don't like solid foods that are sugary.

kathrynsmathryn
10-29-11, 03:42 PM
Don't knock it before you try it! ;) I was hesitant at first too, but it works somehow. :)

rickymooston
10-30-11, 11:06 PM
I want to try. lol

gothceltgirl
09-29-15, 08:27 PM
I've totally used avocadoes in smoothies before as well. They make them really creamy w/o adding extra sugar. They're surprisingly versatile as an addition to something sweet. Will definitely have to try this at some point.

kaarle
12-25-16, 03:34 PM
kmmm look good-I have to try this :)

acdc01
02-09-17, 02:33 PM
Sounds crazy but is delicious. Probably not as good with white sugar though, I always use brown.

Real easy, just put the avocado flesh in a bowl, broken into bite size chuncks.

top with milk and sugar like breakfast cereal :)

Topping anything with brown sugar seems to make it even better. And brown sugar really isn't really all that high in calories either.

Will have to give your recipe a try. Thanks.

aeon
02-11-17, 05:14 PM
And brown sugar really isn't really all that high in calories either.

Compared and contrasted with what? It seems an odd thing to say given it's the most energy-dense carbohydrate...to get more energy-dense you need to drink alcohol or eat fat.

In any case, it has no more, or less, calories than white sugar.

Cheers,
Ian

acdc01
02-16-17, 09:12 PM
Compared and contrasted with what? It seems an odd thing to say given it's the most energy-dense carbohydrate...to get more energy-dense you need to drink alcohol or eat fat.

In any case, it has no more, or less, calories than white sugar.

Cheers,
Ian

Just saying that I only need to put 2 teaspoons of brown sugar into my bowl of chia seed to make it taste sweet enough for me. That's only 30 calories.

Might be energy dense but you don't need a lot of it to make things sweet enough. Didn't know about the energy dense thing though thanks.