View Full Version : University of Turbochica Excercise #6 Describe this Photo

Turbochica
08-14-11, 05:56 PM
Describe this photo: what would you be thinking, feeling , seeing if you were here ?
who would you be with., who would you wish was here with you. why would you come here. . .
thoughts to consider . . .

http://www.addforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=816&pictureid=8440
(http://www.addforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=816&pictureid=8440)

StoicNate
08-14-11, 06:03 PM
Generic.

Turbochica
08-14-11, 06:04 PM
Generic.
Generic? explain please.

StoicNate
08-14-11, 06:15 PM
Generic? explain please.

There's a buttload of these kind of photos. Sun in the center/above horizon with something else that catches ones' eye (the bird) and clouds.

I mean I could probably take a very similar photo if I went out to the beach and took a picture as the sun is setting.
Very generic and unoriginal.

Just saying what first comes to mind.

tired1823
08-14-11, 07:00 PM
I'd be with my family 15 years ago when I was 10 and no one had left for college yet.

When I look at the picture I remember what it feels like to be at the beach on a warm summer evening and the smell of sand and saltwater...

.t second glance I wonder where that is..

Turbochica
08-14-11, 07:05 PM
There's a buttload of these kind of photos. Sun in the center/above horizon with something else that catches ones' eye (the bird) and clouds.

I mean I could probably take a very similar photo if I went out to the beach and took a picture as the sun is setting.
Very generic and unoriginal.

Just saying what first comes to mind.

I understand. I purposely chose this picture for that reason. It will take some creativity to come up with a description that's not stating the obvious :)

tired1823
08-14-11, 07:12 PM
I understand. I purposely chose this picture for that reason. It will take some creativity to come up with a description that's not stating the obvious :)

ooooh... that's why it's not actually a beach, I guess?

Turbochica
08-14-11, 08:03 PM
ooooh... that's why it's not actually a beach, I guess?

It was meant to a launching point and anyone can addyo it what they want to :)

metzfanaz
08-15-11, 03:44 PM
Describe this photo: what would you be thinking, feeling , seeing if you were here ?
who would you be with., who would you wish was here with you. why would you come here. . .
thoughts to consider . . .

Thinking how peaceful the ocean looks
Feeling calm, a little sad I'm not there
I would be alone, just an nice tranquil place of peace
Nobody actually. LOL
I love the ocean, love the smells and the sounds, watching how the descending sun bounces light off the waters surface. The sound of peace, listening to the crashing of waves over and over again.

sarek
08-15-11, 03:54 PM
It looks like a picture from one of the Wadden Islands with the sun setting beyond the floodplains.
I'd be there with my gf of course, because I want to let her share in all the wonderful places I have seen.
Sunsets and romance are always a winning combination.

Bluerose
08-15-11, 06:08 PM
I’m on the coast visiting friends. There’s a lovely inlet where people gather to watch the sun go down. There’s a little hut where we can get a hot drink. It’s nice, everyone one is there for the same reason; to feel the peace at the end of the day and watch the sun go down. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Enjoy!

selita
08-15-11, 06:22 PM
It's freezing. Can we go home yet? I've got sand everywhere and this whole beach smells like rotting things. I think I cut my foot on a shell.

Yes, I saw the bird. Gawd, fine, get some more pictures.

Ugh. I want a shower.