View Full Version : Dexedrine and Xanax XR

FranticFrummie
08-16-11, 04:23 AM
What are the odds that a doc will actually prescribe this combo for me?

I'm trying to find a way to get my doc to understand that I'm not "drug seeking", even though I've known her for years and she generally trusts me. She still gets nervous any time we talk about changing anything in my treatment plan.

Anyone have experience with this combo, especially if used with what I already take? (listed below)

Thanks!

pedalpounder
08-16-11, 04:41 AM
26.2%

FranticFrummie
08-16-11, 05:11 AM
Smarty pants. :-P

sarahsweets
08-16-11, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure why you need to find a way to convince your doctor of your anxiety or that you need xanax. Treating anxiety with other medications or therapy first shouldn't be ruled out. Does your doctor have addiction concerns with you? Has he or she ever prescribed other benzos for you and how did they work?

kolaborator
08-26-11, 02:02 AM
Well, it mostly depends on whether you have tried Xanax or Dexedrine separately.

Asking to be put on both at the same time, is kind of like when criminals in hostage situations ask for a plane to the Bahamas, and $1,000,000. They always ask, but the odds of getting what they want are stacked against them.

C-digs
09-14-11, 09:22 PM
I'm on Ativan and Dexedrine and the psychiatrist who put me on the combo is really good and versed in both ADD and eating disorders (which I have). We had a good, honest relatioship so I think as long as you have a good relationship your doc could traial you on some benzo of their choice. I'm sure they would be more comfortable if they chose the medication.