View Full Version : Social anxiety and problems after problem.

Pears
08-17-11, 01:12 PM
I'm seriously getting really depressed lately. All because of virtual school. First, I take it which I hated but couldn't get out of until next semester. I worked my butt of at the end to pass, and I begged my mom to take me out and she kept saying she would but winter break is only two weeks. So she didn't do it and I had to suffer for another semester. And just to let you know, online school is like THE hardest thing for people with add. And my sister and mom always got me in trouble and stuff because I wasn't doing my work, but its so hard. I cried a lot that semester.

Now when the end comes, I fail one semester of two classes. Which I didn't really care for as I thought I would be able to take after school classes or something. No I have to take online classes AGAIN and finish them or else I fail and have to do 9th again. When I got that news I cryed for two days straight. I now feel like online school is never going to go away, that its going to stalk me forever. Anyway, turns out that I could take the class while going to school.

I always had social anxiety towards adults (which is part of the reason online school was so hard) but now its getting bad. I went to the school to get my schedule. Technichally this is my first time at highschool, and the kids ALL looked like adults except the freshman. I was scares the whole time that one of them would talk to me. I don't even know how I'm going to survive highschool. And I'm too stinking scared to tell my parents I have add, and they realized that I'm shy, and just yell at me and tell me to break out of it. But it seems like the more I try to face it, the more scared I get. I talk to a teacher on the phone terrified, then the next time it has to happen I remember the first time and I'm scared even more to talk.

Now back to problems. Yesterday my sisters laptop broke. I'm like a super computer techy dude and I usually fix all problems with computers. But this time her hard drive fried. But there is no way in hell that she's not going to blame me. I'm going to get yelled at she's going to cry. And the economy is bad, we cannot aford a new computer. This situation gave me the same scariness as when I found out that I had to take online again. I cryed for a day this time and I still haven't got the guts to tell them. I don't know what to do, I'm super depressed. I've been crying myself to sleep for like a month now.

sarahsweets
08-17-11, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry youre so down. A question : how do you know you have adhd and what is your treatment plan?

Pears
08-17-11, 01:34 PM
I haven't been diagnosed, but I am 90 percent sure I have it. I have all the symptoms. I'm too scared to tell my parents I have it because of my social anxiety.

sarahsweets
08-17-11, 02:08 PM
Do you see a therapist or school counselor?

Pears
08-17-11, 02:14 PM
No, and I would be too scared too. I dont trust anyone.

sarahsweets
08-17-11, 02:47 PM
Well unfortunately with out a doctor, psychologist, school guidance or therapist unless you tell your parents you can't get help.

Pears
08-17-11, 02:50 PM
Lol im trapped.

selita
08-17-11, 03:09 PM
I suggest talking to your guidance counsellor first. They can't tell anyone else what you tell them. Write down what you want to say so you're ready. You don't need to call or make an appointment first... just go, when you're ready.

It'll be hard, but once you walk through the door, it'll get easier right away.

My guidance counsellor was the first one who said I might have ADD and then he gave me information that I could take to my mom and my doctor, and that made it much easier.

His or her whole job is to make school easier for you. Guidance counsellors deal with kids with all kinds of problems. Kids with really bad learning disabilities, or abusive parents, or who've repeated the same grade 2 or 3 times. They won't judge you or think badly of you. You deserve to get help.

Take a bottle of water with you and if you get nervous, just take a sip and a deep breath.

As for that laptop... are you sure it's the hard drive? Your sister might lose her data, but you can replace a hard drive for a lot less than a whole computer (maybe $50). They're really easy to replace: you just unscrew the bottom of the computer, take out the old drive, plug in a new one, and then re-install the software. I bet you can do it. :)