View Full Version : Blankness when doing schoolwork

Darkpk55
08-25-11, 12:38 AM
Sometimes when i look at a math problem
I know how to do, i just get this blankness and it
Happens at school, home, everywhere. I know how to do scuentific notation, done it so many times in my life. But like today, i looked at the problem and just looked at it for a minute, just blank, not being able to figure out what to do. Thinking so hard to try and put it in scientific notAtion.

PinkRoxy
08-25-11, 03:13 AM
Yep.
Ive been there done that. Lets just say I know exactly what you mean its like you have completely forgotten what you were doing.
I use to get this alot I would be writing an essay and then in the middle of writing I would have to stop to think about what I was writing and then I had to think about what I was going to write next.
I get like this when doing normal everyday things at home it means your mind goes completely blank and you have to stop for a bit to think about what you were doing before you can carry on.
I dont quite know what that is but I think your mind just gets frustrated and goes blank for a bit and then by adding more stress to it it can make it worse, the brain is a silly thing but I do understand how frustrating you would feel with it.

addcolin
08-25-11, 03:35 AM
Totally agree - so glad! - really thought I must be so stupid not always remembering this stuff. I used to learn algebra great, then next day or so, it's like I must re-learn it all again?
Scientific notation! - wow, I still have to use my trusty calculator to grasp every now and then the concept, like Kilo, milli ...
I always have a problem with zero getting in the way of my sums? - like 7+4 =11. The '0' in 10 makes the number become bigger sideways!?
Hard to do subtract because then it isn't symmetrical, if this makes any sense to others... not to speak of the other exotic functions!
Positive side with such a memory - I can watch the same movie every 6 months or so, like I never saw much of it at all before!
Ah, well, such is life....

rainbowdash
08-25-11, 10:17 AM
Same thing happened to me too. I'll learn it all and then forget :/. Sorry I'm not able to offer you advice but it seems like everyone is giving you some good advice :)

Alex9
08-25-11, 04:07 PM
Yeah same thing is happening to me over the past few days. It's partially because I'm sick, but the most simple concepts in chemistry aren't making sense to me at all. It's pretty frustrating. I always get over this kind of thing eventually though.