View Full Version : Sleep problems with intuniv

BasilADD
08-31-11, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been on intuniv for a week and a half. I noticed that it has helped with my anxiety related issues with ADD, and like it. For the first 5 days, it helped with my insomnia as well- which was one of my reasons for taking the drug to begin with.

Unfortunately, sleeping issues have arose in 5 of the last 7 days. For example, yesterday I awoke at 2:30 AM and I was unable to fall back to sleep. Unfortunately, melatonin doesn't really work for me, it gives me the same issues as intuniv. Also, I may be able to take benedryl, but it doesn't seem to work for me long term.

Anyone else experience similar issues? Does it pass? I'm not really sure how long I can keep going like this.

BasilADD
08-31-11, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I realized I posted this in the wrong forum, please discuss in the clonidine forum.

dannn
09-05-11, 05:04 PM
I take Clondine, and had this problem (waking up early in the morning) every time I increased my dose. It did last few days each time, but it wasn't that extreme like in your situation, say waking up at 6am, instead of 8am. It might be related to longer half life of guanfacine, so you may need to take medication at different times or the dose might be too high or too low. However, try to stick with it for few more days and see if things get better.