View Full Version : Achieving fast muscle recovery

anonymouslyadd
09-01-11, 02:13 AM
This thread is really about supplements. I hope to put on about 15 lbs. over the next year. As I've gotten older, my muscle recovery has not been as fast as it used to be. What I want to know is if there are any supplements I can take to speed up my recovery time after workouts.

I am drinking a protein shake about once a day. I eat a lot of protein too. I take epsom salt baths, which help. Any suggestions from people who lift weights and do cardio would be greatly appreciated.

Blueranne
09-01-11, 02:18 AM
I dont know about any one in particular but you could just take a general multi-vitamin.

I always pack in the blueberries and spinach in my shakes.... Shoot now Im going to have to research this.

anonymouslyadd
09-01-11, 02:24 AM
I dont know about any one in particular but you could just take a general multi-vitamin.

I always pack in the blueberries and spinach in my shakes.... Shoot now Im going to have to research this.

Will a multi-vitamin really help? I've heard people say we don't even digest them. LOL. Yes, I love blueberries.

Are you popeye?:p;) I like spinach too, depending on how it's used. However, I just do protein and milk.

anonymouslyadd
09-01-11, 02:31 AM
I really like this article:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5427266_methods-fast-muscle-recovery.html

What do you guys think about it?

anonymouslyadd
09-01-11, 02:27 PM
Anyone have any helpful hints? I am constantly sore. I would like to feel normal once.

selita
09-01-11, 08:53 PM
When my muscles are sore, heat really helps. Hot bath, heating pad, electric blanket.

jjwalters
09-02-11, 01:27 AM
Rest, hot shower, and acknowledge you're getting older. It sucks, longer recovery times, muscle growth gets more difficult, constant pain. When I was in my teens and 20's it was easy to manage the pain, and make quick gains in muscle, but in time, things keep going downhill.....